Devils getting rid of R&R part 2 as their goal song?

DevsMan84

That's the whole problem here, at least pick a damn song that you can chant/clap along with and don't pick a song from a rangers fan.

I am not digging the song either, but where did you hear Bon Jovi is a Rangers fan?

This'll blow over after a few home games, I mean, again, it's such a stupidly insignificant issue but people love to over analyze everything.

They couldn't at least pick a song the fans could chant though?  Maybe one with a "hey" or SOME SORT OF repetitive melody? 

I didn't hear it real well at the gym, but it sounds lame.

It sounds like they want them to do the "WHOOOAAAAA" type thing.     It ain't gonna happen

God so true, ridiculous.

You're what's wrong with this fanbase.  Jesus Christ, talk about over analyzing a trivial thing.

I hope you PC guys are happy now.  I don't even think it's possible to cheer along to this song.

PC guys? Just because I always cheer my team after a goal doesn't make me PC. I get drunk, loud, and I stand up for fellow Devils fans against the NY and Philly scum that come into the building. What I don't do is boo the team, ever, period.  Also, I don't appreciate your generalization about me being what's wrong with a the fan base, considering I haven't missed a Devils game since 1993 and you're watching tonights game from the gym.  Not saying I'm any bigger of a fan than you, but you come off rude when some of us are just expressing are personal opinions about the fan reaction tonight. Grow up.

I know that, and I don't like the new song either. But booing after we score a goal is not the way to change it. That's our time to celebrate together as fans.

But it is the perfect time to let the displeasure be heard. I'm glad our fan base has become vocal enough to say they aren't happy. Years ago our fan base would have done nothing about it.

The Devils did this to themselves #changethesongback

• Like 1

PC guys? Just because I always cheer my team after a goal doesn't make me PC. I get drunk, loud, and I stand up for fellow Devils fans against the NY and Philly scum that come into the building. What I don't do is boo the team, ever, period.  Also, I don't appreciate your generalization about me being what's wrong with a the fan base, considering I haven't missed a Devils game since 1993 and you're watching tonights game from the gym.  Not saying I'm any bigger of a fan than you, but you come off rude when some of us are just expressing are personal opinions about the fan reaction tonight. Grow up.

Listen, I apologize for chewing you out, you were just the most convenient target, frankly :lol:  But you're right, and this is just a message board, after all.

But this logic is still just effing backwards.  You're not making some grand statement by chanting or booing - the players aren't stupid, they understand why the fans were booing tonight.  I'm personally pretty glad the fans are voicing their displeasure.  This fanbase is finally developing a personality, and I personally think the harmless "You Suck" chant was a big part of it.

BS. The fans were gonna boo any single song that wasn't RR. They started booing seconds after the song came on.

This comes down to easily chanting "You Suck"

Ding ding. The Isles changed their goal song a few years ago and at first, it wasn't good. But they have moved on.

Yeah, there's no way this new song can last. A lot of the season ticket holders around me hated the change, which is to be expected. But even the casual fans around me who I see maybe a few times a year were totally against it and probably more pissed than the regulars. The new song isn't awful just because it's not R&R Part 2, it's awful cuz it sucks.

They may not change it back to R&R part 2 but this current song will not be the song for much longer. It doesn't work and everyone hates it.

That's fine, but I have a feeling fans will get over it when they can chant "you suck" easily into a new song. There was no crazy response the first time RR2 was replaced. People were disappointed, but not like this. It was clearly a favourite for the fans to chant. 

I think the team would want the fans input into a new song, but they knew this backlash was coming, so there was no point in even asking fans what they want. 

Since it seems it's back to the drawing board....what about the song the players came out to tonight (Light Em Up)? The sound and the lyrics make sense for a goal song.

Edited by devilsrule33

That's fine, but I have a feeling fans will get over it when they can chant "you suck" easily into a new song. There was no crazy response the first time RR2 was replaced. People were disappointed, but not like this. It was clearly a favourite for the fans to chant.

I think the team would want the fans input into a new song, but they knew this backlash was coming, so there was no point in even asking fans what they want.

Since it seems it's back to the drawing board....what about the song the players came out to tonight (Light Em Up)? The sound and the lyrics make sense for a goal song.

There was no backlash last time because our fan base had no balls back then. Our fan base has changed for the better since then. Edited by Satans Hockey

Haha, that light em up song was so overplayed at least in the US during last year's NHL playoffs, it's become a twitter meme at this point.  But I'd take Adagio for Strings over R&R Part 2 at this point

Was it the NBC Sports theme or something? It does sound like it be overplayed, but I can't remember from what exactly. Don't think I'd ever heard the whole song before. 

I don't think there is a fanbase that as ever cared more about a goal song than Devils fans. Not saying that is a bad thing at all, but just a fact.