Devils getting rid of R&R part 2 as their goal song?

DevsMan84

THIS IS OUR HOUSE!

i knocked it.. but ya know what.. jbj isnt that bad.. will take a year/s for others to like it. 

double edit.. only jersey fans complain about jersey bands singing goal songs for jersey team. no 's

Doesn't Bon Jovi like all the Philly teams? It's a slap in the face when you think about it really.

If we really must do this...in all seriousness this would have been a sound replacement. You can at least chant along to this. The chorus would be intimidating as hell. "I KNOW YOU CAN'T HIDE, OOOOOH YOU GOTTA CROSS THAT LINE! OOOOOOH YOU'RE RUNNING OUT OF TIME!"

That's more brilliant then what the NJD braintrust offered us now.

37 seconds -1:00 in folks. Easily editable to make it work and work well.

Edited by TheMazz

This thread is hysterical

The fact is that song is absolutely brutal. What do we chant along to? What do we even clap to? It sounds terrible. You want to get rid of R&R 2 and get us away from saying "YOU SUCK" (Oh, it's so trashy and classless, that's why half of the other teams in the league are chanting the same stuff right? give me a break) then fine but at least GIVE US A SAY IN IT. Calgary recently held an online fan vote to get the FANS to choose what song they get from a handful of songs voted in. Why not just give us a friggin' vote and leave R&R 2 out of it. At least give us a say, because 'this is our house' isn't going to work.

Here is my take on the goal song change....

I noticed that the music was cranked up whenever we scored, much more than normal. This was done to drown out the boos from the fans in reaction to the new song, that and the "you suck" chant being screamed regardless. LoL! I dont know one person near me that liked the change of the song on bit. My little nephew actually wanted to leave the game (first time ever after going to many games over the years even when being blown out)

The change the way it was done is a big FU to the fans in general.

The fans booing after the goal are, like many DEvils fans, immature and petty. Sorry, but that's the way it is.

RR Part 2 needed to go. However, the way the team handled it was extremely poor. They should've done it in the preseason and tested it out with several different songs. A fan vote could've been interesting too.

It still needs to change, This is Our House is not particularly good either. I'd rather hear Raise Your Hands from the Bon JOvi side, but whatever that's fine. They'll change it again, they have 2 weeks.

• Like 1

Doesn't Bon Jovi like all the Philly teams? It's a slap in the face when you think about it really.

If we really must do this...in all seriousness this would have been a sound replacement. You can at least chant along to this. The chorus would be intimidating as hell. "I KNOW YOU CAN'T HIDE, OOOOOH YOU GOTTA CROSS THAT LINE! OOOOOOH YOU'RE RUNNING OUT OF TIME!"

That's more brilliant then what the NJD braintrust offered us now.

37 seconds -1:00 in folks. Easily editable to make it work and work well.

Don't take it personal but there is no way this would ever work.

One of the problems with the Devils is they'll pick any ol' song as long as it's from a Jersey band just for the sake of having a Jersey song, never mind that it stinks as an actual goal song.  There are actual 'better' songs from Bon Jovi, Bruce, etc that they could use.  If not then give up the ghost, nobody cares whether you're using a Jersey song or not except the team itself.

All I'm going to say about it:

Want to change the song, fine.  Like I've said, even though R&R Part 2 clearly meant something to Devils' fans (me included), it's not the be-all end-all of goal songs.  There's plenty of other songs out there that can work, after a minor adjustment period.

But I had a feeling the Devils would fvck this up monumentally, and they did.  Next time, do some actual market research, put some real time and thought into it, let the fans have some much-needed input, and don't leave the decision up to a bunch of out-of-touch stuffed suit robot nerds who probably have little to no insight into what it's like to be a sports fan.  Bon Jovi, hey, he's from Jersey, this'll work! 

No, it's not ideal to boo after your team scores a goal, but the fans had a right to let the dipsh!ts know who actually picked this trainwreck that it's not going to work, and never will.  They've got time before the next home game to come up with something better...it needs to happen.   

• Like 1

It's definitely connected to the "WE ARE JERSEY" campaign that seems to be getting shoved down our throats (which hey I'm all for embracing our state pride) but it's just so poorly executed (the song).

As for booing after the goal that really is a non-issue, the players are not idiots, the coaches are not idiots, everyone in that building knows that they were booing the song not the goal. There is no other way to voice displeasure then to boo (You know... since they did not give us any say in choosing the song.) What else are we to do? Whatever

Then they should make literally every playsong on the list from a Jersey band if they're going to be all up and worried about having a thirty-second goal song be from a Jersey band.

I honestly don't think the players or coaches had any clue where the booing was coming from.

Then they should make literally every playsong on the list from a Jersey band if they're going to be all up and worried about having a thirty-second goal song be from a Jersey band.

I honestly don't think the players or coaches had any clue where the booing was coming from.

Maybe some of the newer players might not have understood it but the guys that have been here for more then a season knew exactly what was going on. They know what our goal song was and they knew that garbage last night was defintely not it.

This is not a PC issue or anything like that. I don't think anyone ever against the chant is offended by the words "You suck". My enjoyment of sports has always been about my own team in every sport. I don't worry about any other teams or get caught up in any fan rivalries. So with that, my issue has always just been turning a goal and celebrating it my hazing the other team rather than cheering your own team. I know I am in the minority since I see the reaction of the Devils crowd after a goal and the pure jubilation it is for everyone to raise their arms, point, and chant at the other team. I don't like that the average Devils fan would probably  given the choice after a goal... chant "You suck" over chant the goal scorers name. 

I think the fans will win out unless they find a way that the entire crowd can chant "you suck" with it, and then it will probably be accepted. I heard the chants anyway from my TV clearly.  

Edited by devilsrule33
  • Like 2

That was the worst goal song I've heard, just ridiculous. The we are jersey campaign, in my opinion, doesn't really work either. A majority of people who go to the games don't mind the "Hey, you suck!" chants, and that's what the Devils should be looking at, not the 10 or so people who complained! And it's not just the devils, other teams around the league have that song, and their fans chant "you suck" also, big whoop! If they don't bring the song back, the fans are still gonna chant it either way, just like last night.

I talked to my STH rep at the game last night, he said he loved R&R pt. 2, and hated the new song. He said to email him our complaints, and he can forward them to someone who can do something about it. I suggest you all do the same and get the word out to the Devils that this was one of the poorest decisions they have ever made......

This is not a PC issue or anything like that. I don't think anyone ever against the chant is offended by the words "You suck". My enjoyment of sports has always been about my own team in every sport. I don't worry about any other teams or get caught up in any fan rivalries. So with that, my issue has always just been turning a goal and celebrating it my hazing the other team rather than cheering the other team. I know I am in the minority since I see the reaction of the Devils crowd after a goal and the pure jubilation it is for everyone to raise their arms, point, and chant at the other team. I don't like that the average Devils fan would probably given the choice after a goal... chant "You suck" over chant the goal scorers name.

I think the fans will win out unless they find a way that the entire crowd can chant "you suck" with it, and then it will probably be accepted. I heard the chants anyway from my TV clearly.

Spot on as usual DR33.

The new song sucks, but sitting there and hearing thousands of boos after your team scores was absolutely horrifying. Guys, it's a fuc#### goal song.

It was handled poorly on all ends but maybe if they didn't sneak attack the fans by throwing the goal song in without any warning (unless you read here, HF or comb TG's Fire and Ice comments you had no idea this was coming - and half the people thought TG was getting misinformation or an imposter was saying it anyway) it would have been different.  Or at least the stupid reaction would have happened in the preseason and everyone would have been able to react 'before' the regular season.

Edited by NJDevs4978

double edit.. only jersey fans complain about jersey bands singing goal songs for jersey team. no 's

Well, having a "jersey" band for the goal song is a little cliche I guess. But then again, I just don't like anything Bon Jovi's done since the 80s, and I never liked Springsteen so... If not "Running with the Devil" by Van Halen I would have picked a higher energy song of theirs like "Panama" yeah it has nothing to do with hockey, the state, the team whatever, just has some energy to it.

Could always go back to "Whoomp! There it is"... :unsure: