Devils getting rid of R&R part 2 as their goal song?

DevsMan84

Well here's the problem.  I hear all the time that Devils fans want to be different.  But then why are we stealing other fanbases' chants?

I'agree that the game atmosphere is great due to the crazier crowds.  I enjoy the hell out of it.  I just don't understand why we have to let everyone know they suck.  It screams inferiority complex.

Listen nobody is offended by the chant itself.  But celebrate a goal in this manner?  To me, it's just not necessary.

Not to mention we play in the arena nicknamed "The Rock".

You just said earlier that no other fanbases jeer the other team while celebrating a goal, and now you are saying we have stolen this chant. What?

Inferiority complex? You and the others opposed to it are so off base. It's not an inferiority complex, it is harmless ribbing. It's borderline playful.

I'm done. You have one point that you keep reiterating that is the definition of nitpicking. Bottom line is not only does the new song suck, but you are CLEARLY in the minority on the other side of the argument based on how loud and widespread the booing was last night. I seriously doubt the Devils management is dumb enough to not see this and it will hopefully be changed by the 19th. If it's not, I will boo again. And I will continue to boo until something is done. So if you're near section 117 and you hear someone booing Bon Jovi, it'll be me...and everyone else in the arena.

You guys are nitpicking too.  You guys seems so offended by the idea of chanting "you suck" after the goal song is done playing.  What's the matter?  You HAVE to chant it during the song?

The only thing you are going to hear after the goal horn stopping is 16,000 fans chanting how much they dislike the new goal horn.

The Bon Jovi horn is the new coke & Microsoft 8 of goal horns.

I haven't been talking about the new song.

I feel like I've said this every 8 pages.

The You Suck chant isn't so much the problem. It's when it's used at the wrong time. After a score to make it 5-2 to Winnipeg in a losing effort? Don't say it.

That's why the change.

Too bad they won't understand this.

And yelling "This is our house" when down 5-2 to Winnipeg would be better? Nevermind, I said I'm done. I have to stop reading this thread.

And chanting "This is Our House" in a losing effort brings the same result.

If they plan on keeping this as the horn then that argument is a void one.

I've already been through this.  "This is our house" can actually be used as a rallying chant.

You just said earlier that no other fanbases jeer the other team while celebrating a goal, and now you are saying we have stolen this chant. What?

Inferiority complex? You and the others opposed to it are so off base. It's not an inferiority complex, it is harmless ribbing. It's borderline playful.

Well Nashvillle does it, BUT they at least have a proper celebration song.  But we stole the "Rangers suck" chant.  Not to mention the sing song chant, and even the "Marty's better" chant.

Why is it that any chant that can be used positive reinforcement is loathed by our fanbase.

"We rock" was considered cheesy.

"We are jersey" is considered lame.

"This is our house" is just hated.

I've already been through this.  "This is our house" can actually be used as a rallying chant.

Well Nashvillle does it, BUT they at least have a proper celebration song.  But we stole the "Rangers suck" chant.  Not to mention the sing song chant, and even the "Marty's better" chant.

Why is it that any chant that can be used positive reinforcement is loathed by our fanbase.

"We Rock" is like something out of children nursery rhyme.

"We Are Jersey" alienates out of state fans

"This Is Our House" wasn't tested, has no beat, is something you can't chant along to and builds a horrible atmosphere all around. If it's hated all around by fans. Why keep it?

At least give the fans a say instead of forcing something on them. However this one dude on HF said it best: "If you think sucks is too trashy, you are clearly too classy to grace us degenerates with your elegant presence"

Edited by TheMazz

We rock is definitely cheesy. It reeeks of cheeese. I haven't seen anyone complain about "We are Jersey" but that's not a chant? How would that even be incorporated into a chant. This is our house just doesn't work as a goal song. They should've tried out different songs in the preseason if it so desperately had to be changed. We'd be better off blasting "Sorry for Party Rocking" after the horn.

I just don't get the argument that you and...say 1-2 thousand at most. Maybe less. Maybe a bit more. Should topple over that massive majority. Chanting "THIS IS OUR HOUSE" after we are getting blown out is JUST AS SILLY as chanting HEY YOU SUCK. If you want to use that argument.

If you are going to change the song. Change it to something the fans actually will like because whether you want the song changed or not  HARDLY ANYONE liked Bon Jovi last night. Plus he's a Rangers fan.

The guy doing our new goal horn is a Rangers fan! Get the hell out of here. Use a Bruce track if you are going to be full on cheesy Jersey.

Someone else here mentioned that Jon Bon Jovi is a Rangers fan. Has that ever been confirmed anywhere -- like with quotes in an article or maybe a photo of him in a Rangers jersey at a Rangers game?

At least with someone like Gov. Chris Christie, he has openly admitted that he's a Rangers fan. It can easily be documented by using Google.

But Bon Jovi being a Rangers fan -- I had never heard that before.

"We Rock" is like something out of children nursery rhyme.

"We Are Jersey" alienates out of state fans

"This Is Our House" wasn't tested, has no beat, is something you can't chant along to and builds a horrible atmosphere all around. If it's hated all around by fans. Why keep it?

At least give the fans a say instead of forcing something on them

Regardless any kind of positive reinforcement chant is demeaned by the fanbase.  It shows that we care more about the other team than we do our own.

We rock is definitely cheesy. It reeeks of cheeese. I haven't seen anyone complain about "We are Jersey" but that's not a chant? How would that even be incorporated into a chant. This is our house just doesn't work as a goal song. They should've tried out different songs in the preseason if it so desperately had to be changed. We'd be better off blasting "Sorry for Party Rocking" after the horn.

I agree they should have started in preseason.  I also think "This is our house" can work as a chant even if it doesn't work as a goal song.

Someone else here mentioned that Jon Bon Jovi is a Rangers fan. Has that ever been confirmed anywhere -- like with quotes in an article or maybe a photo of him in a Rangers jersey at a Rangers game?

At least with someone like Gov. Chris Christie, he has openly admitted that he's a Rangers fan. It can easily be documented by using Google.

But Bon Jovi being a Rangers fan -- I had never heard that before.

I'm pretty sure he is.  But who sings the song shouldn't have any bearing on whether we like the song or not.

FWIW..last night they played the Beastie Boys "You Gotta Fight" during an extended timeout and the place was rocking with it--people singing along even after it stopped.   Not sure what licks to use, but that's something that was spontaneous that could have legs.

FWIW..last night they played the Beastie Boys "You Gotta Fight" during an extended timeout and the place was rocking with it--people singing along even after it stopped.   Not sure what licks to use, but that's something that was spontaneous that could have legs.

That was during the 3rd period right after we took a penalty.  It took forever to get the faceoff done, and they had to drop the puck like 3 times.

That was during the 3rd period right after we took a penalty.  It took forever to get the faceoff done, and they had to drop the puck like 3 times.

Yep.   But everyone kept singing after the song ended and people definitely enjoyed it.    I think people would definitely get into it based on the impromptu response last night.    Just another idea..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9wNWOTtJKA

Yep.   But everyone kept singing after the song ended and people definitely enjoyed it.    I think people would definitely get into it based on the impromptu response last night.    Just another idea..

It does piss me off greatly they didn't do test runs during the preseason.

Maybe not that track per se, but I would be willing to admit that most of us could get down on some Beasties after a goal. Intergalactic? Ch-Check it out? haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9wNWOTtJKA

It does piss me off greatly they didn't do test runs during the preseason.

didn't they do it in pre season?  I went to the first game and thought I heard that crap song.  

And for someone who said earlier in the thread why so much emotion over a simple song, you sure have posted a bunch in this thread, I'm truly trying to figure out if you are just trolling at this point, especially since you seem to be all over the place with your arguments, keep saying things that were shown not to be true in earlier posts.  I'm not even sure if you know your exact point at this moment cause you are all over the place.

IF they must replace the song why not something cool like Highway to Hell or Hell's Bells (unless they bought that back as the intro song) Remember that one year that they had that awful Hell's Bells remix in the intro

The Hells Bells Club Remix with 700% more bass!   They've done some pretty hideous stuff in their time.  LOL.    They should just get a giant bell and rip off Columbus with the cannon.

The Hells Bells Club Remix with 700% more bass!   They've done some pretty hideous stuff in their time.  LOL.    They should just get a giant bell and rip off Columbus with the cannon.

Also another thing why doesn't Sean Connery welcome me to the Rock anymore?