Devils getting rid of R&R part 2 as their goal song?

DevsMan84

Even at our worst, it was never 60/40. And definitely not even close to that recently. Preseason there were a lot, and even that was MAYBE 70/30, and that's stretching it. It's psychological. I know I see a bunch of them and think, "Damn there's a lot of them here," but on an arena-wide scale, including the uppers which you don't see on TV, they are not 40% of the crowd, although they love to say they are.

Spoiler:

Apparently it's going to be Seven Nation Army. Not sure if it's going to be played tonight but according to my rep who called me back just five minutes ago that is one of the three songs.

if this wins every time we score it will sound like the islanders power play music, but at least the 2nd grade chant of you suck will be gone

Don't love the goal song. Church bells I can live without.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I could have sworn they were playing the Hell's Bells bell just after the song/goal announcement.

I'm glad some sanity prevailed, now I don't have to dread a stupid crowd reaction.  Hopefully this or whatever becomes the goal song is a halfway decent choice and people can move on with their lives.  I actually think this might work, although I'm shocked people didn't start going 'oh...oh oh oh you suck'.

And it took the crowd only three goals to go 'Oh oh oh oh you suck!'...so don't expect to hear this song again.  Question is will the Devils find ANY song that the fans won't be able to chant you suck or will they just have to give in eventually?  And the fans sure proved this whole uproar about RR2 wasn't about the song itself or the memories, that's for sure.

To all the "you suck" people: are you actually trying to ruin things for everyone else, or is there just some sort of impulse you can't control?

I mean it's kind of hilarious in one respect, and a better way of protesting than just booing the goal song...but yeah the fans certainly showed their true colors tonight.

I still can't believe were having a discussion on the word "suck" lol, they say worse in shows that are on at prime time! sh!t, ass, bitch, dammit....the list goes on.

Give me a break already.

Sent from my Galaxy TAB using Tapatalk 2