Devils getting rid of R&R part 2 as their goal song?

DevsMan84

I know that all 3 songs were on some people's lists.  These songs were pretty popular from what I've seen.

What have you seen? 

Red is right, of course it's conjecture, but the three picks seem suspicious to me.  An actual displayed final vote count would help a lot.   

What have you seen? 

Red is right, of course it's conjecture, but the three picks seem suspicious to me.  An actual displayed final vote count would help a lot.   

Of course they're never going to display it because then it would show how RR2 got a ton of write-in votes.  

Personally I think the first one was an honest pick, but then the last two were rigged after the fans 'you sucked' the first song and burned the ears of upper management :P  There was no ability to really do anything with the last two songs as far as being interactive.

The reaction tonight was kind of worrisome - a smattering of boos and no real cheers or anything.  SNA is the only song that was any good but it's never going to win.  If (when) it doesn't win you know THAT vote was rigged too, because it's the only one that got any kind of a positive response, 'you suck' or no 'you suck'.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I know for a fact some people were suggesting The Whip.

Well those people definitely weren't in my section tonight, I'll tell you that much. Quite a few boos, even more so after goal two. The reaction seemed to go like this: jump up and cheer loudly, yell awkwardly timed you sucks during the song (no much ooh-ing with the song that I heard), wait for song to end, boo, immediately start a Let's Go Devils chant. Seven Nation Army was by far the best and most well received by far.

Edited by PWW

Well those people definitely weren't in my section tonight, I'll tell you that much. Quite a few boos, even more so after goal two. The reaction seemed to go like this: jump up and cheer loudly, yell awkwardly timed you sucks during the song (no much ooh-ing with the song that I heard), wait for song to end, boo, immediately start a Let's Go Devils chant. Seven Nation Army was by far the best and most well received by far.

The boos must have been very faint because you couldn't hear it on tv. And NBC doesn't turn down crowd noise like MSG does. I personally hope it's SNA too. It was awesome hearing 16,000 people sing it.

Well so much for the "fan support" that Fall Out Boy, Gaslight Anthem and My Chemical Romance were supposed to get...

I would have loved MCR or FOB. But if anything I think it proves the HF and NJDevs communities are very tiny portions of the fan base.

I would have loved MCR or FOB. But if anything I think it proves the HF and NJDevs communities are very tiny portions of the fan base.

I really doubt more then 50% of Devils fans voted for Rightous Smoke. Not only is it a band that is not really that well known but that's a pretty over used goal song as well. I just don't see it. It would shock me that if the majority of our fans voted such an obscure song only to boo it during the game. Same goes with Whip (although that was a tad more tolerable)

It's all fishy to me.

Edited by TheMazz

the song tonight... whatever it was something whip or some sh!t was by far the worst of the three just didnt fit .. no one in the crowd seemed to like it much and they were booing the hell out of it.. all 3 song choices that have been used so far this year just suck

the song tonight... whatever it was something whip or some sh!t was by far the worst of the three just didnt fit .. no one in the crowd seemed to like it much and they were booing the hell out of it.. all 3 song choices that have been used so far this year just suck

I heard people in my section try and put YOU SUCK to it. I think that song played at a normal sound level would be quite easy to do so but they played it at such an obnoxious level. Making it pretty impossible. (Which I'm sure was their plan)

If I were to rank each goal song choice from best to epic fvcking lulz.

- Seven Nation Army

- The Whip

-Righteous Smoke

-Bon Jovi

Edited by TheMazz

I heard people in my section try and put YOU SUCK to it. I think that song played at a normal sound level would be quite easy to do so but they played it at such an obnoxious level. Making it pretty impossible. (Which I'm sure was their plan)

If I were to rank each goal song choice from best to epic fvcking lulz.

- Seven Nation Army

- The Whip

-Righteous Smoke

-Bon Jovi

yea man like i said i dont like any of them... at all i just feel like theres such better options for a goal song out there .. i honestly dont know how these are the three songs that got the most votes.. but if it has to be one of these three garbage choices i would pick the seven nation army song also

yea man like i said i dont like any of them... at all i just feel like theres such better options for a goal song out there .. i honestly dont know how these are the three songs that got the most votes.. but if it has to be one of these three garbage choices i would pick the seven nation army song also

I didn't think SNA was a garbage choice. It's not RRP2 but the crowd for the most part seemed to actually like it.