Smantzas' Open Roster Discussion Thread

sundstrom

As Lou would say, use what they give you. Only need 24 hrs to put someone on waivers after lineups are set. It will be much harder for a team to pick up a player off waivers. IMO it will be Gio and Urbom on waivers tomorrow, clear on Wed and sen down. Patty off IR. This Teddy thing I'm not sure of.

they don't need to send them both down - just one for elias. when they're ready for tedenby, that's when they'll send someone else down (or trade or IR).

It was indeed perfect and more precise than trying to hit a small thermal exhaust port right below the main port that is only 2 meters big.

Just like Beggar's Canyon back home.

The funny thing is Elias talking about a "mystery injury"... Let's believe that it was an injury organised by Lou and the staff in a perfect timing to have a better window of shot with the waivers...

That's so sneaky... Ooh lou...

Can't believe the Devils are practicing with the 2012 Finals 4th line as the 4th line with Josefson and Olesz as extras. Might as well play Brodeur 70 games and give Salvador 25 min a night if we are reliving 2012. 

Im betting they start the season with that 4th line too.  Little G will be a lot harder to get rid of then most think.

Im betting they start the season with that 4th line too.  Little G will be a lot harder to get rid of then most think.

It's not an awful 4th line, but I expect Gionta to get PK duties, which he has no business having. I also don't like it because it hasn't properly rewarded anyone for their training camp and pre-season. Josefson should be starting the season in the lineup over Gionta and Olesz over Carter. Really crappy coaching in my opinion. 

I see in Ottawa they sent down former top pick Mika Zibanejad. He had the second most points of any returning Senator this year. He was sent down because other players like Pageau and Da Costa clearly outplayed him. No free passes there. Was hoping there wouldn't be here. But why should we be surprised after Deboer gushing about Gionta a little while back. 

Can't believe the Devils are practicing with the 2012 Finals 4th line as the 4th line with Josefson and Olesz as extras. Might as well play Brodeur 70 games and give Salvador 25 min a night if we are reliving 2012. 

i'm not convinced he's sitting JJ. tedenby obviously isn't going to play and if jagr is healthy, he's in for carter. it's jj vs gionta and i hope jj gets the call.

The Devils really don't have an enforcer. Carter and Bernier scrap but not a whole lot. Seems like they've put more of an emphasis on skaters. They have solid depth. I was looking at their roster. Did a new piece on them. Hasan will have more in depth. I just assessed the roster. I'll be doing predictions at some point.

Devils set roster: Elias on IR, Jagr ready