2013-14 OOT Thread

Daniel

I'm kind of in disbelief that so many people are crying foul on Hertl's goal and effort. That kind of skill and confidence needs to be embraced, not shunned. I thought it was awesome goal, whether the score was 9-2, 1-4, or 2-1. I really don't care. Okay, so when the score is a blowout, assume the team that's down team has stopped trying so the team that is up has to match their sh!t effort? If that's the case, just instate a mercy rule that ends the game or allow the team to forfeit. If the rags didn't like the move, then they should have done something, like get off the team bus, to prevent it from happening along with the other 3 he scored. If Patrick Kane had done it, I doubt people would be so butt hurt.

I couldnt agree more. Its a professional sport, its not two little league teams, if the rangers gave a full effort like professionals than it wouldnt have happened.

Marek malik did the SAME move in a shootout showing what a mockery the shootout is. Well hertl was showing what a mockery the rangers goaltending and defense was that night. Its just like a couple years back when the patriots were putting up 50 points a game, if you dont like it, stop them. Simple as that. A little poor sportsmanship is exciting. If the rangers wanted to gain respect, after that goal is scored, go out there and run the goalie, throw a dirty hit. Dont let your star foward get hit in the jaw (which looked like a legal hit to me) and get sh!t on by a rookie and simply take it lying down with your cheeks spread. The flyers used to do it, the '86 mets did it, it shows character and toughness. Is everyone gunna like it, of course not, but you're out there to be successful, not make friends.

Dude, what the hell happened to the Rags this year? This isn't "just a slow start"... 9-2 the other night, and now 3-0 in the 1st period already against Anaheim... Something's up over there. I'm thinking we were all right about Lundqvist not being that good a goalie without the shot-blocking and the big pads. That's not my Devils fan rivalry-cynicism speaking, it just seems to be the case.

Even guys like McDonagh are just... slow, and out of position every time. Seems like they're not even trying.

It would be something if Torts is a much better coach than we thought.

I never thought he was a bad coach to begin with.  It's not like the Rangers ever underachieved in terms of their talent level really, and actually overachieved a couple years ago.

Dude, what the hell happened to the Rags this year? This isn't "just a slow start"... 9-2 the other night, and now 3-0 in the 1st period already against Anaheim... Something's up over there. I'm thinking we were all right about Lundqvist not being that good a goalie without the shot-blocking and the big pads. That's not my Devils fan rivalry-cynicism speaking, it just seems to be the case.

Even guys like McDonagh are just... slow, and out of position every time. Seems like they're not even trying.

It's possible...it's also possible the contract thing is getting to him, and it's also possible they aren't that good of a team and were propped up by the 92345 shot blocking system.

Didn't mean to say he was bad, just more influential to the rags success than it seemed

I never thought he was a bad coach to begin with. It's not like the Rangers ever underachieved in terms of their talent level really, and actually overachieved a couple years ago.

It's possible...it's also possible the contract thing is getting to him, and it's also possible they aren't that good of a team and were propped up by the 92345 shot blocking system.

Boucher says hello. I think he'll be a dynamic prospect in a few years.

As much as I want to agree, it seems that so many players can put up huge numbers in the OHL/WHL/QMJHL/etc. and not have it translate to the NHL. The Sarnia goals record is nice, but he beat a 17 year old Stamkos when he was 19. And it took him more games. Those two years make a huge difference, especially at that level. I hope I'm wrong, but I really don't think Boucher is on the level of Hertl, Tarasenko, Teravainen, etc. I definitely don't see him as a first liner, but you never know.

Right now, the Rangers couldn't beat a pee wee team. They don't play any defense and are often caught up ice. AV's system is based on taking chances. I can't recall seeing McDonagh and Girardi look so out of sync. On one hand, I can name the forwards who are giving max effort. Lundqvist has smaller pads. Big deal. If your team doesn't play in front of you, you could be Hasek or Dryden and it would be the same result. I had some observations on tonight.

They were going to get out slowly. But I didn't expect to see them not even compete. And the next stop is St. Louis.