2013-14 OOT Thread

Daniel

Everybody is making a huge deal about what happened with Thornton and Orpik. but did anybody else see what Rinaldo did??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud_9yl3Byhw

What a fvcking scumbag. I wouldn't mind seeing Thornton, nor Rinaldo never play in the NHL again.

Rinaldo better get whatever suspension Thornton's going to get, if not worse. This is exactly the same scenario playing out except it's not against the Penguins. This is despicable and the result could've been exactly the same as what happened to Orpik.

Rags looked terrible, I'm glad I sat down and watched most of the game.

Hearing Al Trautwig complain about the ref's call on the penalty shot was even funnier. Special "guest" on the show Anson Carter got into it with him about it, Trautwig sounded like a stubborn little 5 year old.

'The buzzer sounded, the players convened to hold a meeting that did not impress Vigneault in the least.

“You can talk all you want; you have to have those words become actions on the ice and the right kind of actions,” he said. “You can talk all you want behind closed doors, but it’s the 200-by-85 that games are decided.”' - Larry Brooks

I'm sensing a big rift in the Rangers locker room, and Vigneault's he odd-man out, judging from what he said after the players' meeting.

Edited by DJ Eco

Dreger tweeted out that the cap is expected to rise to about $70 - $71 mil for next season.

wow that's pretty significant considering it doesn't take into account the new Canadian TV deal, which will affect the cap starting in the 2015-2016 season.

It's amazing how one year ago fans were claiming the league was doomed and fans would abandon in droves, yet here we are today and nobody even remembers the lockout.

wow that's pretty significant considering it doesn't take into account the new Canadian TV deal, which will affect the cap starting in the 2015-2016 season.

It's amazing how one year ago fans were claiming the league was doomed and fans would abandon in droves, yet here we are today and nobody even remembers the lockout.

The only smart thing both parties did was to get the NHL back on the ice for 48 games in 2013.  If the league had lost another season to that nonsense, I think they would've felt the repercussions in a big way...may not in Death-to-the-NHL kind of way, but a 2nd full-season lockout would've taken a while to overcome.