2013-14 OOT Thread

Daniel

Wonder if Lou could pull off something like... trading something "meh" or something he knows he'll lose anyway for Burmistrov's rights to Winnipeg ? Big gamble but depending on how low the Jets are on him it might be worth a gamble if they can convince him to be back, i believe he had trouble with the coach (which is gone now) but who knows, change of scenery could help maybe? not sure how he's doing in the KHL right now

I don't know, but a move is overdue. One or two of these defensemen need to be moved out- easier said than done I know, but something has to give at some point.

Wonder if Lou could pull off something like... trading something "meh" or something he knows he'll lose anyway for Burmistrov's rights to Winnipeg ? Big gamble but depending on how low the Jets are on him it might be worth a gamble if they can convince him to be back, i believe he had trouble with the coach (which is gone now) but who knows, change of scenery could help maybe? not sure how he's doing in the KHL right now

I'm not sure how burmistrov would fit on this team right now.

Ottawa specifically came out today and said they're looking to trade young players to improve now. They might have some pieces worth looking into.

What will it take to get Evander Kane?

Not saying I'd pay it, but after that Buffalo-NY Islanders trade/debacle, I'd say this is what the market is dictating (right now), and probably why there haven't been any notable trades so far since, blame Garth Snow....

Larsson, Merrill, 1st rounder 2015

Or

Cory Schneider, conditional 1st rounder 2015 if he re-signs long-term

Or

Larsson, Fayne, Zajac

Important thing to note is that Kane is locked up til he's 27 on a pretty awesome $5.25m deal, so you're trading for value and you're trading for a great player's prime years and more; I think Kane's trade price is going to be high because of this, Winnipeg has a gold mine if they want to cash out from dealing him.

Edited by DJ Eco

What about Blake Wheeler?

Good question, he's always flown under the radar for me, but he's been having an absolutely stellar year, stellar the last 3 seasons really. Maybe Corey Schneider and a conditional 1st rounder in 2015 if he re-signs, would land Wheeler (or Kane), which I'd be against doing.

I really think Garth Snow messed it all up. Every GM with parts to sell must be feeling like they deserve the return that Buffalo got for Vanek's rental, which is why we're at a standstill.

Good question, he's always flown under the radar for me, but he's been having an absolutely stellar year, stellar the last 3 seasons really. Maybe Corey Schneider and a conditional 1st rounder in 2015 if he re-signs, would land Wheeler (or Kane), which I'd be against doing.

I really think Garth Snow messed it all up. Every GM with parts to sell must be feeling like they deserve the return that Buffalo got for Vanek's rental, which is why we're at a standstill.

I'd be against giving up Schneider.

Someone help Im going crazy. My app "the score" tells me Chicago has more points then St. Louis? They are 30-8-1 to for 70 pts?

St. Louis is 31-8-5? For 67 pts?! how?

30 x 2 is 60. Plus the one for over time for 62 points? Where are they getting these extra points I'm confused by this can someone elaborate? Thanks

Someone help Im going crazy. My app "the score" tells me Chicago has more points then St. Louis? They are 30-8-1 to for 70 pts?

St. Louis is 31-8-5? For 67 pts?! how?

30 x 2 is 60. Plus the one for over time for 62 points? Where are they getting these extra points I'm confused by this can someone elaborate? Thanks

Chicago is 30-8-10

Do not want briere I don't think he is an improvement to what we have (unless Elias is out for the season god forbid), so I wouldn't want to give up assets for him.

Well in my mind it'd have to be one of the excess D we have for him (ie, Volch, Salvador).  Bad contract for bad contract.

Plus Briere only has one year left on his deal, whereas Volchenkov has 2..so we could get out of that year potentially.

For the record, I'd prefer Salvador go, but I seriously, seriously doubt Lou trades him.

Well in my mind it'd have to be one of the excess D we have for him (ie, Volch, Salvador). Bad contract for bad contract.

Plus Briere only has one year left on his deal, whereas Volchenkov has 2..so we could get out of that year potentially.

For the record, I'd prefer Salvador go, but I seriously, seriously doubt Lou trades him.

with the cap going up and new owners I don't think Lou is too worried about volchenkov's hit in two years. Plus bringing in a guy like briere causes the same problem at forward that we now have on defense- you have a bunch of 2nd tier guys who you can't all give ice time to.

I'm all for moving a defensemen but I'd rather it just be for a draft pick/prospect or a package for a significant upgrade up front.

Edited by dmann422