2013-14 OOT Thread

Daniel

Salvador is immovable because he has another year on his deal. No one will want him. He's garbage. We're stuck with him unfortunately. I mean, Pete could bench him, but that would actually make sense, so...

fvcking A!  He's still a decent bottom pairing guy.  Someone has to take him!  :(

Salvador is immovable because he has another year on his deal. No one will want him. He's garbage. We're stuck with him unfortunately. I mean, Pete could bench him, but that would actually make sense, so...

I don't think that's true at all. He has one year left on a deal with a cap hit that is probably below what the average NHL defenseman gets, and the cap hit will be even less significant next year. He doesn't have an NTC, and has the "leadership" thing going for him. We watch him every night and think he's horrible, but the fact remains he logs a lot of minutes for a team that gives up the fewest shots in the league or close to it.

He is movable and has some value. I think Lou just likes him. That's perhaps why Lou gave him the deal in the first place, although it might have also been a bone to throw to Parise in the hopes that he woukd stay since the two are friends.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't think that's true at all. He has one year left on a deal with a cap hit that is probably below what the average NHL defenseman gets, and the cap hit will be even less significant next year. He doesn't have an NTC, and has the "leadership" thing going for him. We watch him every night and think he's horrible, but the fact remains he logs a lot of minutes for a team that gives up the fewest shots in the league or close to it.

He is movable and has some value. I think Lou just likes him. That's perhaps why Lou gave him the deal in the first place, although it might have also been a bone to throw to Parise in the hopes that he woukd stay since the two are friends.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I tend to agree with this point of view as well.  But I think MadDog is also correct.  All I know is one of him, Fayne or Volch have to go.  Volch and Fayne have been good.  Salvador is basically another Volch, just not as good.  Lou needs to realize that he can't have 9583498594679 defensemen on the roster.

I tend to agree with this point of view as well.  But I think MadDog is also correct.  All I know is one of him, Fayne or Volch have to go.  Volch and Fayne have been good.  Salvador is basically another Volch, just not as good.  Lou needs to realize that he can't have 9583498594679 defensemen on the roster.

Well I don't think you have to worry (and I've said this before) but I think Fayne is definitely gone this offseason, along with Zidlicky.  So that leaves the Devils with Salvador, Greene, Volch, Larsson, Gelinas, and Merril.  Still 7 D - insane how many NHL level players the Devils have at the position. 

Well I don't think you have to worry (and I've said this before) but I think Fayne is definitely gone this offseason, along with Zidlicky.  So that leaves the Devils with Salvador, Greene, Volch, Larsson, Gelinas, and Merril.  Still 7 D - insane how many NHL level players the Devils have at the position. 

There's gotta be one team out there looking for a Salvador type of defenseman.  If you give Sal 15 minutes a night instead of the 20+ he's been getting, he's a useful player.

Of course Washington-Detroit was a 3-point game. Of course.

Of course Washington-Detroit was a 3-point game. Of course.

Just what the Devils needed if Montreal wins it will be a real bad day. I enjoyed the Wash/Det game.

The games in hand are going to hurt the Devils.

Edited by LucifersDog