2013-14 OOT Thread

Daniel

Awful night for the Devils

Blow a 3-2 lead to Detroit after coming back from 2-0

Rags down 2-1 to Carolina with about 8 minutes to go in the 3rd. Do they lose? Of course not. 4-2 Rags

Devils now 5 points behind NY and 4 points Detroit. The season is dwindling away

Rags down 2-1 to Carolina with about 8 minutes to go in the 3rd. Do they lose? Of course not. 4-2 Rags

Devils now 5 points behind NY and 4 points Detroit. The season is dwindling away

This season can go fvck itself. Whatever can go wrong does.

We just can't get over that proverbial hump.

That's why the Devils and Carolina are where they are. They are mediocre teams that find/invent ways to beat themselves.

That's why the Devils and Carolina are where they are. They are mediocre teams that find/invent ways to beat themselves.

Honestly the main reason why I'm not freaking out about the devils is that while I thought they would be a playoff team before the season started, there was a piece of me that feared that the team could also be hot garbage. Well they are not quite hot garbage but not a playoff team either.

They are as mediocre as they come. At least patty and henrique are getting it going.

Honestly the main reason why I'm not freaking out about the devils is that while I thought they would be a playoff team before the season started, there was a piece of me that feared that the team could also be hot garbage. Well they are not quite hot garbage but not a playoff team either.

They are as mediocre as they come. At least patty and henrique are getting it going.

Don't forget the good over 40 guy on the team:  Jagr

lol if the Rangers get two and the Wings get one, even if we win we'd be four behind both of them.

No we'd be 3 behind Detroit, 5 behind nyr

Ideal result. Wings lose in regulation and we win in any fashion

At least we play the Rags once more, but overall the rangers have an easy schedule the rest of the season

Detroit is actually about to enter a very rough stretch

Edited by '7'

No we'd be 3 behind Detroit, 5 behind nyr

Ideal result. Wings lose in regulation and we win in any fashion

At least we play the Rags once more, but overall the rangers have an easy schedule the rest of the season

Detroit is actually about to enter a very rough stretch

As I've been saying, the Devils just need to focus on getting to 92-93 points.  No way 8 other teams get to 92 or 93 points.

As I've been saying, the Devils just need to focus on getting to 92-93 points.  No way 8 other teams get to 92 or 93 points.

Eight teams got to 92 in 2011-12 and 93 in 2010-11.  In fact 2009-10 is the only year since the lockout that the cutoff hasn't been 92 points or above.  And now you add Detroit and Columbus into the mix it just gets tougher both seeing us in the top eight and seeing 92 as the cutoff point.

Essentially we'd have to go 13-5 or 12-4-2 just to GET to 93 at this point.  What if anything this team has shown this year makes you think that's possible?  We've had one three-game winning streak in the last season plus.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I can't see the Devils doing any better than 8-5-5 the rest of the way. They do have a few soft opponents left (Car, Isles, Buf) but 88 points is their ceiling this year.

Columbus just kind of seems like destiny's darlings this year to make it

Eight teams got to 92 in 2011-12 and 93 in 2010-11.  In fact 2009-10 is the only year since the lockout that the cutoff hasn't been 92 points or above.  And now you add Detroit and Columbus into the mix it just gets tougher both seeing us in the top eight and seeing 92 as the cutoff point.

Essentially we'd have to go 13-5 or 12-4-2 just to GET to 93 at this point.  What if anything this team has shown this year makes you think that's possible?  We've had one three-game winning streak in the last season plus.

Nobody can ever see a hot streak coming.  That's the point.  

BTW, when was the last time this team scored 21 goals over a 5 game stretch?  While yes I am aware of the fact they've also given up 17 during said stretch, understand that 7 of those goals came in one game.