2013-14 OOT Thread

Daniel

Phoenix up 2-0 on Washington in the 3rd. Of course they lose 3-2. Of course

Toronto led Philly 2-0. Of course that game is 2-2 now. Of course. Toronto goes up 3-2, and of course Philly ties it with 2:30 left

and Ottawa won. What a surprise

Edited by '7'

Annnd Columbus scores. Pretty much made up no ground tonight.

2 points on Detroit but they're idle. We need Detroit to lose in regulation tomorrow. But should they win, they need to win in regulation.

we gained 1 point on Philly, FWIW. And we play them next so a regulation win on them could close the gap fast

Edited by '7'

2 points on Detroit but they're idle. We need Detroit to lose in regulation tomorrow. But should they win, they need to win in regulation.

we gained 1 point on Philly, FWIW. And we play them next so a regulation win on them could close the gap fast

At this point, I'm cheering for the Wings. They only have a 2 point lead but also 2 games in hand, and we are out of match ups against them. Additionally they play Columbus twice coming up and we will probably find ourselves in a situation needing them to win.

That makes securing the 3rd slot in our division our best chance at getting a playoff seed. The Flyers and Rangers are up 4/3 points respectively, but only 1 game in hand and we play each of them. We have slightly more control over the 6th overall slot then the 8th overall at this point.

Edited by squishyx

At this point, I'm cheering for the Wings. They only have a 2 point lead but also 2 games in hand, and we are out of match ups against them. Additionally they play Columbus twice coming up and we will probably find ourselves in a situation needing them to win.

That makes securing the 3rd slot in our division our best chance at getting a playoff seed. The Flyers and Rangers are up 4/3 points respectively, but only 1 game in hand and we play each of them. We have slightly more control over the 6th overall slot then the 8th overall at this point.

I've thought this for weeks.  We're not catching Detroit, as much as people want to complain they're terrible they still have some talented players, know what it takes as an organization and have great coaching, so long as Howard doesn't **** the bed they'll make the playoffs.  If anything our only chance to catch a wild card is if Tampa goes full retard and keeps collapsing, but I doubt they'll lose enough compared to our division teams for it to matter against us.

Tuesday's ginormous.  Win or go home basically.  Really we have to win the next two with Tampa and Boston coming up after that.  With our schedule anything less than 7-3 the rest of the month would be inexcusable and fatal.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Awesome ceremony in Dallas last night for Modano. Sure, it was a bit long, but he was everything for their franchise, and there were no stupid stunts like bringing the Cup and letting him skate around the ice with it one more time.

Just some very well done tributes, some great guests, and some great moments for a special player.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/watch-mike-modano-s-epic-jersey-retirement-ceremony--guest-starring-dirk-nowitzki-043541701.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

So I guess its time to track the progress of the devils playoff hopes. Dont have much hope to be honest.

Boston, Montreal, Toronto, Pitts look to be unreachable.. Wont be tracking unless they fall considerably.

TEAM - GR - PTS - MAX - DIFF

TBL  - 18 -  74 - 110 - (+7)

PHI* - 18 -  73 - 109 - (+6)

DET  - 19 -  71 - 109 - (+6)

NYR* - 18 -  72 - 108 - (+5)
CBJ  - 18 -  71 - 107 - (+4)

----------------------------

WSH  - 17 -  70 - 104 - (+1)

NJD  - 17 -  69 - 103 - EVEN

OTT  - 18 -  67 - 103 - EVEN

CAR  - 18 -  63 -  99 - (-4)

For tonight, Rangers play Wing, either team should lose in regulation. Since Rangers are in our division, it has an impact on division standings, if Wings lose, it has an impact on wild card.

I think Philly and Tampa are going to collapse.

Tampa without St'Louis is a .500 club at best.  Stamkos production will be cut in half without St. Louis to give him space and set him up.

I don't think Philly has the defense or goaltending to keep it up.

Rangers are going to be hard to beat now.

Edited by MantaRay

Hilarious dive by St. Louis into the boards...very similar to the Avery/Jagr where he just plunged forward

No man, didn't you hear Pierre? That was a textbook crosscheck!

He's awful, I can't stand listening to him.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk