2013-14 OOT Thread

Daniel

Just...thank you Columbus-Detroit for not going to OT. Rangers lost. Philly lost. Looks like the Caps are going to lose. Devils won. Can't do it much better than that.

Like I said above, all we need is a Toronto loss tonight, and it's a perfect night.

Checklist for tomorrow:

Devils beat Flyers (in regulation) - CHECK

Hurricanes beat Rangers (in regulation) - CHECK

Penguins beat Capitals (in regulation) - LOOKING VERY GOOD AT THE MOMENT

and the Red Wings-Blue Jackets game can just go fvck itself (or just please don't go to OT) - CHECK

As Rosco P.Coltrane would have said on the Dukes of Hazzard - good news, good news.

• Like 1

Enormous night for us with the Detroit-Jackets game only being a 2 pointer (so we tie Detroit though prob lose the tiebreaker)

Rags lose. We gain two on them. We gain two on Philly obviously. Pens up 2-0 on Washington late in the 3rd so hopefully that holds

What tonight did is open up other avenues for us to make the playoffs. The wild card is no longer the only door to go through. We are 2 behind Columbus for the WC and only 2 behind Philly and 3 behind the Rags. Plus we still play the Rags

We just need Toronto to lose to San Jose.  And then it'll be a perfect night.

I think we wanted Detroit to have a clean win over CLB, The Jackets have all the tie breakers on us, we have ROW on Detroit. 

The Leafs are really out of reach, and considering that have 2 games against the Wings, 2 against TB, and then 1 each against the flyers, sens and caps (also Candiens but i don't think they are within reach either), we are going to need them to win anyway. Just winning those 7 gets them to 92 points.

We are not exactly sitting easy yet either. Columbus, Philly, and Detroit all have a game in hand on us. I'm still worried about catching them.

We can't control that. But we are sitting prettier than we've been in a long long time.

The blue jackets game in hand is this Thursday vs San Jose when we're idle. No easy task

We can't control that. But we are sitting prettier than we've been in a long long time.

The blue jackets game in hand is this Thursday vs San Jose when we're idle. No easy task

Actually the Columbus game in hand is the game that was postponed against Dallas on Monday.  Regardless of when that game is made up, Dallas is fighting for their playoff lives too and that game is in the Lone Star state.

Why are we worrying about Toronto? Unless Tampa Bay goes on a tear, Toronto and Montreal have the 2/3 Atlantic spots locked up; no chance to compete with them.

Edit: Eh, I take that back. Any of Toronto, Tampa, or Montreal collapsing helps us.

Edited by David Puddy

Actually the Columbus game in hand is the game that was postponed against Dallas on Monday.  Regardless of when that game is made up, Dallas is fighting for their playoff lives too and that game is in the Lone Star state.

ah the Peverley game. Right...slipped my mind

We are not exactly sitting easy yet either. Columbus, Philly, and Detroit all have a game in hand on us. I'm still worried about catching them.

Games in hand are meaningless right now.  Wait until there's 4 or 5 games left before worrying about games in hand.

I think we wanted Detroit to have a clean win over CLB, The Jackets have all the tie breakers on us, we have ROW on Detroit. 

The Leafs are really out of reach, and considering that have 2 games against the Wings, 2 against TB, and then 1 each against the flyers, sens and caps (also Candiens but i don't think they are within reach either), we are going to need them to win anyway. Just winning those 7 gets them to 92 points.

Toronto is not out of reach.  2 spots are locked down right now.  There are 6 spots up for grabs.  4 of those 6 are ones we can grab.  Toronto and Montreal are not locked into their playoff seedings by any stretch.  Tampa and Detroit can still catch them, and if that happens, Montreal and Toronto are back in the WC mix.

Why are we worrying about Toronto? Unless Tampa Bay goes on a tear, Toronto and Montreal have the 2/3 Atlantic spots locked up; no chance to compete with them.

Edit: Eh, I take that back. Any of Toronto, Tampa, or Montreal collapsing helps us.

This.

Bump to make myself look stupid.

It's only 3 games, but I knew Ruutu was always a perfect player for our system.  And right now, it's showing.

This was pretty much a perfect night for a change, no?

I would have been a little better if Detroit had beaten Columbus in regulation rather than the other way around, but otherwise, yeah pretty much.

On top of what has already happened, as of this writing San Jose leads Toronto 4-1 after two periods.

Didn't really see Carolina beating the Rangers in any possible way. NY's super vulnerable. I think Flyers look as more of a lock to grab that second place down the stretch, the way they've been playing. NY might be coming down to earth after what was one of their best months in years through January and February. They don't really look that good at all.

Edit: Totally did not realize their remaining schedule was that brutal. Wow, that's about as tough as it gets, not one softie game outside of the Leafs, who can still get lucky on any given night despite being outplayed.

Edited by DJ Eco