2013-14 OOT Thread

Daniel

The end of this season's just total water torture.  Dragging this out in whatever preposterous way possible.

exactly. All these shootout loss points do is just keep life support hooked up for a few more days

And Nyquist abuses Boston by himself for the go-ahead goal. Awesome. Detroit continues to just find elite players like they grow on trees and win games. I'm fvcking sick of it and them.

This is why I wanted those stupid fvckers to stay in the west.

Islanders beat another desperate team fighting for their playoff lives.

If you are dumbfounded by anything Deboer does, that's nothing compared to the sh!t Paul Maclean is pulling in Ottawa. With their season on the line, Chris Neil gets the most shifts of any Senators player in the 3rd.

And Nyquist abuses Boston by himself for the go-ahead goal. Awesome. Detroit continues to just find elite players like they grow on trees and win games. I'm fvcking sick of it and them.

Good lord did he freaking TOAST Chara... What a play!

Islanders beat another desperate team fighting for their playoff lives.

If you are dumbfounded by anything Deboer does, that's nothing compared to the sh!t Paul Maclean is pulling in Ottawa. With their season on the line, Chris Neil gets the most shifts of any Senators player in the 3rd.

That sounds exactly like something Pete would do with Gionta.

And this is why I hate the constant kvetching about playing younger players.  Detroit can throw young guys into key situations almost seamlessly, and here it's like pulling teeth just to get ONE under-25 player in the lineup, and it's only at the expense of the other two younger D.

Edited by NJDevs4978

That sounds exactly like something Pete would do with Gionta.

Up a goal, maybe, but not down. Maclean got all the credit in the world last year for Craig Anderson having a .943 save percentage. This year it is a disaster. The Sens have no defensive system to speak of. They give up 35 shots a night. While they constantly dress 3 pylons on defense (they'd kill for someone at Salvador's level), he scratches  a really solid young defenseman in Patrick Wiercioch. The worst was he kept the same sh!t defensive group for 7 straight losses.

After the Sens found themselves down 2-1 with under 10 minutes left, he put Matt Kassian on the ice.

At least Sens fans could enjoy his doppelganger tonight.

https://twitter.com/forthewin/status/451536506616705024/photo/1

So Wiercoch is their version of Gelinas basically? (offensive D-man who the coach **** cans for every mistake)

I think Wiercoch is much better than Gelinas right now. May not have that level of offensive upside but so much better defensively. There was no reason why he was getting scratched which made the whole thing befuddling. Another weird thing is the Sens have a young defenseman in Jared Cowan that has to be up there as the worst defenseman in the NHL this season. He's been in the lineup pretty much all season.

Deboer gets a bad rap for the Gelinas stuff. I loved Gelinas at first as much as anyone when he came in and took this team by storm. But the defense slipped and then the when the offense slipped, it almost became impossible to play him. He came back, and it seemed like he got some atrocious advice about playing defense from Stevens. It was basically try and defend by crushing everyone because you are really big, so that must be how you play. Bad advice.

I would say over the last few months he has played as poorly as any defenseman that I can remember in a Devils uniform. Obviously, he brings a ton of value to the PP.  Hopefully, he can figure things out because the Devils really need his offense next year.

Edited by devilsrule33

Gelinas' confidence is noticeably shot, at least to me. He's rushing plays, taking his eye off the puck, and even his accuracy is down. Everything he was doing right early, he's doing wrong now. I don't know if it was just that he was on a high due to being called up and that has faded or if it's because of Pete's handling of rookies and having to worry about every little mistake or if it's neither and he's just not that good. I guess we'll find out next season.

I think Wiercoch is much better than Gelinas right now. May not have that level of offensive upside but so much better defensively. There was no reason why he was getting scratched which made the whole thing befuddling. Another weird thing is the Sens have a young defenseman in Jared Cowan that has to be up there as the worst defenseman in the NHL this season. He's been in the lineup pretty much all season.

Deboer gets a bad rap for the Gelinas stuff. I loved Gelinas at first as much as anyone when he came in and took this team by storm. But the defense slipped and then the when the offense slipped, it almost became impossible to play him. He came back, and it seemed like he got some atrocious advice about playing defense from Stevens. It was basically try and defend by crushing everyone because you are really big, so that must be how you play. Bad advice.

I would say over the last few months he has played as poorly as any defenseman that I can remember in a Devils uniform. Obviously, he brings a ton of value to the PP. Hopefully, he can figure things out because the Devils really need his offense next year.

nevermind my post, I'm going to create a separate thread for it

Edited by Devils Pride 26