2013-14 OOT Thread

Daniel

If you worry about what other teams are doing you're going to make yourself sick. The only way this team is going to make the playoffs is if they win. If it were just one other team in contention that would be easier but rooting for 5 or so teams to lose each night is a difficult strategy. 

If you worry about what other teams are doing you're going to make yourself sick. The only way this team is going to make the playoffs is if they win. If it were just one other team in contention that would be easier but rooting for 5 or so teams to lose each night is a difficult strategy. 

That's the point I've reached.  Just try to get 92 points and hope that it's somehow enough...like you posted, hoping for this team to lose and that team to lose gets exhausting pretty quickly.  Unfortunately I can't make a compelling case for the Devils being able to come up with more than 92 points, so if that's not enough, then it's not enough.   

well technically lets say all the teams ahead of us would lose ALL their remaining games... and that we win like a few... "technically" that could be another way haha

So....did anyone actually think it would go THIS bad for Clarkson? 4 goals (10 points) in 42 games. 

Not quite this bad, but I didn't expect it to go well. I pegged him for about 10 goals and 25-30 points. I'm glad to see it though. Was never a fan. Always thought he was a black hole at worst and lucky at best.

Edited by PWW

So....did anyone actually think it would go THIS bad for Clarkson? 4 goals (10 points) in 42 games. 

We all know what he was, but if TOR used him like NJ did it wouldn't look *this* bad. I mean, he goes from being a top 6 guy getting o-zone starts to playing third line checking winger on a bad possession team. He had 180 shots after 48 games last year, he has 77 after 42 this. If your only calling card is that you throw the puck on net a lot you're gonna look pretty poor playing 3rd line on a team that doesn't give you PP minutes or o-zone starts.

He has been pretty bad on his own, he had a poor start of everything, but you can't ignore that Carlyle is the terriblest of terrible coaches.

We all know what he was, but if TOR used him like NJ did it wouldn't look *this* bad. I mean, he goes from being a top 6 guy getting o-zone starts to playing third line checking winger on a bad possession team. He had 180 shots after 48 games last year, he has 77 after 42 this. If your only calling card is that you throw the puck on net a lot you're gonna look pretty poor playing 3rd line on a team that doesn't give you PP minutes or o-zone starts.

He has been pretty bad on his own, he had a poor start of everything, but you can't ignore that Carlyle is the terriblest of terrible coaches.

Clarkson was mostly a top 9 guy here, was getting time on the 2nd line once in awhile but he was mostly always on the 3rd line from what i remember

He had 180 shots after 48 games last year, he has 77 after 42 this.

Damn that's crazy.

Poor Clarkie, another guy that's going to suffocate under the pressure of his contract.

I mean, I hate to say it, but this is the kinda contact that gets a guy buried in the minors in the latter half of the contract (or at least, would have.  I'm recalling something about that being done away-with in the new CBA)

I honestly don't think I did see it being this bad.

What a laugh. It's beating a dead horse but that situation is so great to see