GDT: Game 1 Devils @ Penguins.

Coorslight

Speed is missing in so many ways.  Watching Bryce, the decision making in handling the puck is just too long and that's beside having to T it up before shooting.

When the puck gets within 30' of A-Fluery, he goes down.  They needed to get that puck up tonight which they didn't.

Giggity. Oh and then there's this

owqug.jpg

Larsson had a real rough game with some costly errors but it's only game 1 of his 3rd year. I'm sure he'll keep learning from his mistakes. He's only 20.

He should have been doing this learning in the AHL just like all the other young D that have had to pass a litmus test.  Larsson has probably cost this team more games over the course of his tenure with the team than any other single player.  He's just not a good defenseman, yet.

Zajac was playing some LW, he spent alot of time on that wall.   I have no idea what the thought process was there.   He's the only guy on the team that wins faceoffs.    Henrique is passably bad, Elias is regular bad, Lokti was awful last year (but came out a winner last night), and Gionta is the worst faceoff guy in the league.

Pete's super-anal about handedness on the corresponding side of the ice.  Wouldn't surprise me at all if he wanted Henrique to take the faceoffs from the left dot.  After all this is the same coach that gave us Clarkson taking faceoffs on the PP for whatever rationale he had THERE.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I love how people are saying the season is over haha its one game calm down

seriously, sucks we had to drop the first game, but it was on the road, and good to get a bad game out of our system early. Hopefully a game that piss-poor will be rare this season. Brush it off and come back strong tomorrow in our house

game just sucked and was boring for the most part. Only highlight was glow beating in glass's face.. anyone else notice it looks like clowe is wearing skates filled with cement? god he looked slow out there.. slow and like it was his first time skating looked very awkward and goofy on the feet.

He did lay someone out though, that was awesome haha

Whoop-de-do.   This guy is like Rudy or a team mascot or something.   Would be nice to have him around if they had an infinite roster, but they don't.

Yet he'll be out there again tomorrow night and Josefson will be twiddling his thumbs in the press box. And enough with scratching Fayne, Fayne needs to play every night. Period.

Yet he'll be out there again tomorrow night and Josefson will be twiddling his thumbs in the press box. And enough with scratching Fayne, Fayne needs to play every night. Period.

I would be really amused if Tedenby gets waived and claimed too, to keep him on the roster.    Kind of a trivia question.  "Who was the guy the Devils waived 'their #1 prospect in 2010' and a first round draft pick to keep around?"

starting to wonder if its coming down to the coaching technique that is working out..

It's all about finishing with the Devils.  The coaching can't do anything more other than teach the players how to get scoring chances.  Coaching can't teach players how to score.  They're getting their chances.

its up to the players to execute plays and finish yes.. the players have to find a way to click and connect with each other.. a lot of new faces they all have to learn each other's styles and come together.. but if the coaching staff's techniques or plays, play making, or system isnt working with either this group of players or just isnt working to score goals against opposition then the players can only do what theyre told to do... i dont know. too early to get overly frustrated but at the same time getting blanked out 3 nothing just puts a bad familiar taste in everyones mouths.

It was Pittsburgh. It was their home opener. It was their first game after yet another disappointing offseason. I won't put too much stock in this loss, even though it was a shutout. We didn't look bad for half a new team, we're certainly no pushovers, despite what the score says. Pittsburgh's 80% of the country's pick to win the Cup again this year, so it was good that we could face them early, get right into the swing of things with a tough opponent and a fair loss.

Tomorrow will be the real test of where we stand. Throw all the other crap out the window about the Islanders being a good team, we should win tomorrow and a loss will be really disappointing. There's nothing I saw tonight that has me too worried about tomorrow night.

Whoop-de-do.   This guy is like Rudy or a team mascot or something.   Would be nice to have him around if they had an infinite roster, but they don't.

I have no problem with Gionta and Harrold being around as extras, the problem is they get put in the lineup as everyday starters.  I don't see why it's so hard to have Josefson and Fayne in the lineup and Gionta/Harrold not.

i wonder if deboer has something against fayne that he continues to sit him. i hope marty is strong tomorrow the team is looking like theyre going to be riding him.

Fayne played in all 82 games and averaged over 20 minutes a night in '11-'12. When Stevens replaced Robinson, Fayne's ice time dropped by 3 minutes. Maybe DeBoer isn't the one the one who doesn't much like Fayne..