NFL Week 5!!!!!

CRASHER

Thankfully, I missed the game with the exception of the last 1:30.     Where is the defense????

Playing defense in the NFL gets "MANLY" pink flags thrown at it :P

All that did was inflate the numbers....the result was given......

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I needed every one of those stats to win in my other league, Peyton, Terrence Williams and Prater combined for 99 points for me in my 16-team PPR after the rest of my team did s*it lol...and the Arizona defense really helped out too shutting down my opponent's Panther contingent (Newton, Smith and DeAngelo).

Edited by NJDevs4978

Dallas exposed Denver's defense badly today.  I don't care that Von Miller's coming back since he's made a career of disappearing in big games against good teams and that was when he was on HGH.  Denver still has road games at Indianapolis and at San Diego plus a 15-day stretch of Kansas City twice sandwiching a trip to Foxboro.

Patriots defense played great again but the offense...  The offense looks like an offense that's built around 2 athletic all-pro TE's but one happens to be in jail and the other has been changing his tampon for the last 3 weeks.  Hence the Pats early season ineffectiveness especially in the red zone where Gronk is a monster weapon.  The problem today is when the weather becomes a monsoon the entire field becomes the red zone with good defenses loading-up on the run and playing press coverage knowing the elements and the lack of explosiveness in the Pats receiving corps won't cost them deep.

Gary Kubiak will be the first coach fired in the NFL this season.  Houston has been god-awful since they were emasculated in Foxboro late last year and that carried into the playoffs and now into this season.

Denever was good. Yeah was no defense but that game was great. They had to earn that win. Props to both of them. Only teams I see giving Denver a lose is Indy (if they keep playing like this) and possibly NE. Indy and Seattle was great game! I'm surprised that the patriots sucked this week and couldn't even get a single TD.

Tannehill is NOT solid. At best, he is very shaky. He was lucky the game wasn't out of hand in the first quarter if that INT isn't reversed. He has zero pocket awareness, as evidenced by the fact that he does not get rid of the ball and takes a million sacks. He's basically Alex Smith, but without the intelligence. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

He's well on his way. a 62.6 completion percentage is above league avg. Not bad for someone early in year 2.

as for mistakes. He threw 13 picks last year and is on pace for 16 this year. There are Qb's in this league that will put that up in 5 weeks. He hasn't had much run game to speak of either...or a TE (Keller)

Kid is doing good considering the circumstances. Maybe you're being too hard a grader.

At his best, Tannehill can be like Carson Palmer (at HIS best, circa 05,06,07) That's actually pretty damn good.

Edited by '7'

He's well on his way. a 62.6 completion percentage is above league avg. Not bad for someone early in year 2.

as for mistakes. He threw 13 picks last year and is on pace for 16 this year. There are Qb's in this league that will put that up in 5 weeks. He hasn't had much run game to speak of either...or a TE (Keller)

Kid is doing good considering the circumstances. Maybe you're being too hard a grader.

At his best, Tannehill can be like Carson Palmer (at HIS best, circa 05,06,07) That's actually pretty damn good.

I've just been through this dog and pony show before with Chad Henne. 

I don't want to slight the Ravens too much, but this was a very winnable game for the Phins that wasn't as close as the score suggests.  There's an INT that was called back by the slimmest of margins, and a great play on defense that resulted in a touchdown.  If the idea is that over time the team's fortunes are tied to the QB, yesterday does not bode well.  People blame the O-line, but a truly good QB knows how to compensate for that.  Andrew Luck I believe statistically had the worst offensive line in football last year, and perhaps one of the worst in history, yet he still won 11 games.  And while there were drops, they were what I would call excusable ones.  For example, on a long pass down the side-line the ball went through Wallace's hands, but the DB's arms were in Wallace's face.  Even the best WR will not come down with that catch at least 20 percent of the time. 

Yeah, you can always look to the transitive logic and say, the Phins beat the Colts, who beat the Seahawks, therefore the Phins can beat the Seahawks.  But that only lasts so long. 

At this point, I'm trying to convince myself that I'll the Jets/Phins game on December 1 that I'm going to will be a meaningful one for the Phins.  I suppose I ought to be satisifed if that turns out to be the cas.

Dallas exposed Denver's defense badly today.  I don't care that Von Miller's coming back since he's made a career of disappearing in big games against good teams and that was when he was on HGH.  Denver still has road games at Indianapolis and at San Diego plus a 15-day stretch of Kansas City twice sandwiching a trip to Foxboro.

Patriots defense played great again but the offense...  The offense looks like an offense that's built around 2 athletic all-pro TE's but one happens to be in jail and the other has been changing his tampon for the last 3 weeks.  Hence the Pats early season ineffectiveness especially in the red zone where Gronk is a monster weapon.  The problem today is when the weather becomes a monsoon the entire field becomes the red zone with good defenses loading-up on the run and playing press coverage knowing the elements and the lack of explosiveness in the Pats receiving corps won't cost them deep.

Gary Kubiak will be the first coach fired in the NFL this season.  Houston has been god-awful since they were emasculated in Foxboro late last year and that carried into the playoffs and now into this season.

Sucks that the Pats lots, but in the week-to-week NFL, sh!t happens, and besides, the Pats were hardly dominant in going 4-0...some breaks were going to go against them eventually. 

I'm actually pretty optimistic, in that the Pats have somehow managed to allow just 70 points through five games.  The big test will come against the Saints of course (and I expect the Pats to give up 30+ in that one)...but if they somehow hold that team to 20 points or so, I'll start believing in them...a little. 

Gronk, get the fvck back on the field for Week 6. 

Impressed with the Eagles today. They overcame a brief Giants uprising and wrestled that game back. I really can't stand Cruz with all his yapping at the refs after every incomplete pass.

Miami really needs a bye with those injuries on D. I know Carroll and Wake went out of the game today. Wake was already playing banged up though.

Tannehill is pretty solid. He came up with some big plays...but they did sort of botch the end of the game...you can't settle for 57 yards to tie.

Its the o-line, they're horrible. On the 3rd down that made it a 57-yarder, Tyson Clabo got backed into the QB (as he always does) by Suggs, resulting in a 5-yard loss. Otherwise it would've been a 52-yarder. Still a long kick, by makeable for Sturgis. Tannehill played great yesterday, over 3 bills, a TD, no turnovers, and all while spending most of the afternoon on his back or trying to avoid being on his back and every a$$hole on the field dropping passes. The o-line needs to be addressed during the bye, its ridiculous already. And indeed the bye comes at a good time, we need to heal up on D.

It was too long to go for it on 4th and 1 anyway, more like 1 1/2 and the team sucks short-yardage.  Might as well have taken the delay of game and saved the timeout that deep in.

Wow, that's why this D is overrated.  Can't even get a turnover when they GIVE it to you.

Probably a little harsh, was kind of bang-bang, and damn if those footballs don't take some screwy bounces at times. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

In fairness the D actually played well in the first half other than the missed turnover opportunities.  But it's asking a lot to week after week expect the D to hold teams under 20 points when they don't create turnovers and take all sorts of penalties themselves.

WTF was Mike Smith doing going for it on 4th down at the end of the half though.  A HUGE difference between 17-7 and 17-10 going into the locker room, especially with the Jets getting the ball at the start of the 3rd.

Looks like the AFC East is coming dangerously close to fvcking up Atlanta's season. 

Don't look now, but the NY Jets are seriously flirting with relevancy.  At they very least, even if they lose tonight, they made both NE and Atlanta work hard for their wins. 

The secondary still worries me down the stretch (Ryan's like 24-27 so far) and isn't good overall besides Cro...but yeah I thought this would be a **it-housing.  It is nice to finally see - so far - what happens when the QB doesn't turn it over three times a game for us though.