GDT: Game 4 Devils @ Canucks 10pm MSG+

ZeroGravityFat

Lou's not going to fire sale. It's just not how he does things. Besides, If he didn't do it in 10-11 he'll never do it. I can see a similar type of moves where someone will be this year's Langenbrunner and Arnott but he's not gutting it. I'd hope Buffalo tanks and see who lines up for Vanek. What's the price there? Henrique to start? Gelinas?

The reason why you guys are already giving up on this team is because everyone completely over-hyped them in the first place. I can't believe how many of you we're ready to go full speed ahead with this lineup.

Listen, this is just an above average team and anyone who thought it was an elite team is crazy. I know, we're yet to get a W but we are lucky to have 3 points right now.

Giving up 3-0 and 2-0 leads are absolutely unacceptable. The fact that our offense is already scoring more than this time last year (sort of a guess there) means that our O is a blessing right now. Just realize there are better teams doing less and that we have a lot of time to get things together.

Just please Devs, play the next game absolutely relentless for all 60 mins.

Really? Didn't see him let in one softie, I saw Volchenkov tip it into our net and then more sh1tty defense to allow the edler goal, and THEN I saw a great screen in front of Schnieder for the OT winner.

Man I'm about done with this forum, you guys are some terrible fans. Fvcking bashing and bashing and bashing the goaltenders and just pure hatred for a team that played fairly well today. 

We need some real fans up in here, seriously.

Now my official "rant" of the night: Salvador still sucks, that is all.

Sarcasm. It will show up a lot around here. 

I think DD56 was being sarcastic in his post

Thank you!

If you really think they played "fairly well today" I don't wanna be a "fan".

It's a forum...people rant. Don't login after a loss if you dislike it.

I'm all for ranting.

I'm not all for literally writing off the season and bashing our franchise players for the fourth game of the season ( this goes for last nights debacle too).

As a fan I wanted to find a forum that was all Devils and people who devoted themselves to the team. But from what I see is just a bunch of people who overeact and then start pointing fingers. Have some faith in them and show some support is where I'm getting at.

The only player I'll never show support for is Salvador because he's just garbage.

The reason why you guys are already giving up on this team is because everyone completely over-hyped them in the first place. I can't believe how many of you we're ready to go full speed ahead with this lineup.

Listen, this is just an above average team and anyone who thought it was an elite team is crazy. I know, we're yet to get a W but we are lucky to have 3 points right now.

Giving up 3-0 and 2-0 leads are absolutely unacceptable. The fact that our offense is already scoring more than this time last year (sort of a guess there) means that our O is a blessing right now. Just realize there are better teams doing less and that we have a lot of time to get things together.

Just please Devs, play the next game absolutely relentless for all 60 mins.

I don't know why anyone would over hype them, they're on a 10-27 run going back to 9-3-3 last season.

The problem is they have alot of new mercish parts and a brutal schedule up until Thanksgiving, and honestly it's never a great schedule up until the end of the season.   On the plus side we don't have to do these trips then, but they can really get buried early if they don't win some games on the road.

If the Devils were to be good this year, I said 3 things need to happen.

1. Zajac and Henrique must play to their capabilities.

2. Adam Larsson must have a breakout year.

3. Schneider has to play the majority of the games.

Right now, none of those things have happened.  But we're still only 4 games in.  We're in a weak division.  And the team still hasn't gelled yet.

Well, I'm gonna be wacky and mention some positive things.... I know it isn't what all the cool kids are doing, but anyway....

Jagr-Elias-Zubrus line is clicking nicely. Nine goals in last 3 games, points in last 3 games, Schneider looks quick and he'll only get better as he gets more comfortable. Bernier is really playing hard, Clowe is going to the net and working along the boards, Ryder has a sweet shot, Brunner may be a huge steal, Greene is quietly solid as always, Zidlicky is producing from the blue line.

Off the top of my head. I just figured maybe we could discuss something other than how much we all hate whatever player is this week's fall guy. 

Honestly feel like the Devils were lucky to be up 2-0 in this game. I didn't think they played particularly well so the Canucks comeback did seem deserved. Feel bad for Schneider though.

Brunner didn't have a great night but that was bound to happen. Not going to worry about it. I thought Bernier was decent in the limited action he saw, had 4 shots for 2nd most on the team and threw his body around effectively. Loved watching Elias and Jagr together tonight. Zidlicky may create offensive chances but watching him try to defend still scares and annoys me.

I'm worried that Fayne's mistake will cost him. Sure Volchenkov scored an own goal and Salvador had a similar turnover early in the game that luckily didn't cost the Devils, but I worry the coaches will get all over Fayne even though he hadn't played in awhile and look the other way on the other D's mistakes. Also, crazy how they'll healthy scratch Fayne and then give him the 3rd most minutes on D.

I can live with the Loktionov benching in the 3rd. Zajac (8/12), Zubrus (6/10), and Loktionov (7/12) were actually decent in faceoffs tonight. Gionta with a horrendous 3/11.

I could make a video out of Volch today... if I could make videos.    It's going to get pretty hard to ignore when someone gets sent to eat popcorn with Josefson for making one well timed fvck-up, and you have this guy going out every night making a Benny Hill video

Edited by maxpower

Jesus, so many negative posts after four games!! They have been disappointing results (especially the Oilers game) but it doesn’t warrant this level of panic so early on in the season.

I wonder if people would still be so reactionary and OTT if we had a 2-2-0 record rather than a 0-1-3 record? Even though the difference between the two is 1 meagre point.

It was nice to see Elias and Jagr starting to Click.

In all seriousness this team has potential for a bunch of no names but clearly there is something wrong and there has been since Pete became coach.

This team constantly grabs the lead and doesn't try to score anymore.

Does the defense suck? Maybe. Is the offense not potent enough? Absolutely. But it all starts with coaching.

This team didn't blow leads like this until Debor became head coach.

He needs to be fired.

Case closed.

Edited by BigZ

Jesus, so many negative posts after four games!! They have been disappointing results (especially the Oilers game) but it doesn’t warrant this level of panic so early on in the season.

I wonder if people would still be so reactionary and OTT if we had a 2-2-0 record rather than a 0-1-3 record? Even though the difference between the two is 1 meagre point.

It was nice to see Elias and Jagr starting to Click.

I don't think people would be this negative if not for you know, winning ten of their last thirty-five or whatever games, the offseason turmoil and losing what might be a high first-round pick at this rate.  Coach making dumb decisions with a select doghouse (Volch has immunity from riding the pine despite ****ing up a billion times, Josefson can't get in the lineup), Zajac/Henrique look like a $10 million waste down the middle, other than that everything's great.

I don't think people would be this negative if not for you know, winning ten of their last thirty-five or whatever games, the offseason turmoil and losing what might be a high first-round pick at this rate.  Coach making dumb decisions with a select doghouse (Volch has immunity from riding the pine despite ****ing up a billion times, Josefson can't get in the lineup), Zajac/Henrique look like a $10 million waste down the middle, other than that everything's great.

To be fair, this is not the same team as last year's team.  A LOT of new faces.  I understand how some might be feeling ornery because of last season's finish, but I can't fairly correlate last season into this one.  I need to see this team get more games under its collective belt. 

Yeah, there are things I don't like...mostly the extended stretches of the two-steps-slower Devils, where it feels like every other NHL team is faster than them, often by a wide margin.  It's maddening to watch, and it brings back bad memories of a lot of unpleasant playoff series from 2004-on.  But I'm being patient...Sutter's first Devils team looked hopeless initially...some were calling for him to be fired roughly 10 games into the season, but that team wound up finishing with 99 points.

0-1-3 isn't pretty, but I do think we need to be more patient in general.   

i just think they need to gel more cause they get rid of the puck and make blind passes wayyyyyyyyyyyy too often we keep on simply giving the puck to the other team when we're pressured. And we send the puck in though areas where our guys has to fight along the boards to get it 95% of the time. Seems like we rarely make smooth plays with guys skating through empty zone. We go were the traffic is we don't use our space at all. (not that there's much at NHL level) but teams playing against us certainly have space to step in one on one against our goalie often.

What's funny is we haven't won a game and we have more points than 4 teams in our division who have. Loser points FTW! :P

I think it's time to move Steve Bernier up to one of the top 3 lines. If we were letting Josefson center the 4th line, I wouldn't worry about it but Bernier has outperformed several forward on the team and should be given a chance to increase his role.

I would also like to see Brunner with Jagr and Elias. With Brunner's speed, I think those three could give us a legitimate 1st line, at least until Jagr starts breaking down mid-season. We still have enough good 2nd and 3rd line players that if guys are playing to their capabilities we can ice two more lines that should be consistently chipping in.

As for the defense, it would be nice to see a vet finally held accountable to the same level that the young guys are. It especially mind numbing since Fayne is our 2nd best two way defenseman IMO. With the kind of consistent breakdowns we're seeing, why not take our lumps with Larsson?