The Pete Deboer Thread

Derlique

Only sense I can make of this is Debo is trying to pull a mean streak out of Larsson. TG's tweets seem to show him pretty upset about it. Hopefully it all works out. 

Still, how can they be dressing a career minor leaguer for a 4th overall pick? 

Peter Harrold is not a career minor leaguer, but even so, he's outplaying Larsson.

its the same situation for both the forwards and the defence... 

guys who are "better" and "should" be important parts of our future... are getting benched (and frustrated) over guys who clearly should be out for "wtv reasons" that no one other than Deboer seems to see.

Everyone here has to be wishing for an injury on Sal or Voch or Gionta cause it seems like its the only way.

I'd like to see PDB not change his line combinations every other shift. How does he expect chemistry to develop when there's no consistency. He's gotta have some patience.

As for Larsson I think he's too laid back for his own good, which can make it look like he's not trying. He definitely needs to be more aggressive on ice and develop an edge. Opposition players seem to pick on him more than any of our other D.

This. I never understood why he randomly switches player's lines willy nilly, it's not doing anything!

This. I never understood why he randomly switches player's lines willy nilly, it's not doing anything!

Well Lemaire was doing it and we were fine with it. It's only frustrating cause we're not winning. If we'd be winning we'd be thinking... fvck we have an awesome lineup with interchangeable players who can play with anyone in any situations.

Well Lemaire was doing it and we were fine with it. It's only frustrating cause we're not winning. If we'd be winning we'd be thinking... fvck we have an awesome lineup with interchangeable players who can play with anyone in any situations.

But he changes them every shift! Doesn't even give them time to see if they work well with each other. That's what he should be using practice time for, not a game...

fire him.... replace him by laviollette...

We need emotion right now and laviollette is that kind of coach

He is more adapt to the grup we have....

And laviollette is not scare to play the youngster

And those who said you coach to win.... you have better chance to win with josefson laarsson in the lineup than gionta and harrold

Edited by caron14

It's three games into the season, not Game 5 of a playoff series.  Besides, it's not as if Larsson was screwing up all over the place LAST night.  Yet he's the one that gets scapegoated when Volch has inane pinches every game and is slower than dirt, while Harrold goes all the way over to the left boards leaving a man open in front of the net last night.  Harrold is a fill-in that gets treated like a regular.

DING DING DING.. We have a winner!!

Just saw the practice lines for tonights game. I give up.

At least there is this:

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 3m

Sergei Fedorov coming out of retirement in Russia. Alert to Devils: Sign him. Another old guy you can dress over a young player.

AMEN!

Edited by John Wensink
  • Like 1

Just saw the practice lines for tonights game. I give up.

At least there is this:

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 3m

Sergei Fedorov coming out of retirement in Russia. Alert to Devils: Sign him. Another old guy you can dress over a young player.

AMEN!

I really don't get it...Loktionov as the extra with Gionta still in.  Come on. 

Untrue.. .Lemaire drove me crazy with the ever changing lines, which seemed much more random than PDB, my biggest frustration is w/ the chosen dmen, and im not sure if thats PDB or LL.

Was Loktionov bad in the last game? I didn't get to see the whole thing because it was late. I saw that he was benched for some time in the second, but I didn't notice him playing badly. Is it possible he's a bit hurt?

No, he played poorly, and his line wasn't much better.  Between that and the Edmonton game, where he was generally good but made a bad read on the Hall goal, there are some weaker points in his game that I'd like to see ironed out.

Deboer really knows how to frustrate the fans. For a while I thought maybe it was just us, the diehards that follow all these moves 24/7 and maybe make a bigger deal of this stuff than most and rile ourselves up.

But that Tom Gulitti joke about Fedorov really tells me that more people are noticing what's wrong here...

OK, Carter in, fine. Doesn't bother me much, although I'd kinda like to see what Josefson can do. But Loktionov out?! And Gionta stays in?!

Let's look at some statistics of the simple sort (because I just plain don't want to spend the time to understand the advanced ones).

Loktionov

G > 0

A > 1

Pt > 1

+/- > -1

FO% > .528

SOG > 4

Gionta

G > 0

A > 0

Pt > 0

+/- > -3

FO% > .286

SOG > 1

Now I'm no genius, but I think it's better for a centerman to have a higher point total, faceoff percentage, shots on goal, and plus minus.

Just saw the practice lines for tonights game. I give up.At least there is this:Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 3mSergei Fedorov coming out of retirement in Russia. Alert to Devils: Sign him. Another old guy you can dress over a young player.AMEN!

Right on TG. But we also need TG to ask the tough questions here. DeBoer needs to be challenged as to why he continually makes these horrible lineup decisions.