The Pete Deboer Thread

Derlique

If other NHL GM's actually gave two ***** about Tedenby they'd have raised hell cause it's already suspicious.  I mean really, the guy's been skating for weeks like nothing's wrong, even introduced on Opening Night with the other scratches, and yet he's still on the 'non-roster injury list'.

Well, that's how Lou operates. They keep injuries secret. The Rangers are the same way. At least they didn't hide Nash's concussion like last year. You can't have Salvador and Zidlicky paired up. It doesn't work. They're too old and slow. How many sequences can they botch? And yeah. You got duped on the goalie interference. But there was still an opportunity to win.

There goes another free agent without anything in return

our future isnt looking too good

why would losing Parise, Clarkson, Kovalchuk, a first round pick, Urbom and probably Fayne for nothing hurt our future? i dont get it? 

Edited by SterioDesign

@TGfireandice: Devs' D pairs: Greene-Larsson; Salvador-Zidlicky; Volchenkov-Harrold; Fayne. Sigh...

It's unfortunate we don't live in a hockey market so we could have journalists getting explanations from DeBoer instead of Deb Placey asking him how important he feels the next game is, or some other fluff question.

Let me start by saying I think Fayne is slightly overrated. But the fact that he is sitting for both Volchenkov and Harrold is horrible. Volchenkovs contract should have no impact on if he is playing or not. Fayne is clearly better than AV and should be in.

Let me start by saying I think Fayne is slightly overrated. But the fact that he is sitting for both Volchenkov and Harrold is horrible. Volchenkovs contract should have no impact on if he is playing or not. Fayne is clearly better than AV and should be in.

Fayne has no real weakness to his game.  Good skater, good shot, smart, and a big body.

@TGfireandice: Devs' D pairs: Greene-Larsson; Salvador-Zidlicky; Volchenkov-Harrold; Fayne. Sigh...

It's unfortunate we don't live in a hockey market so we could have journalists getting explanations from DeBoer instead of Deb Placey asking him how important he feels the next game is, or some other fluff question.

Yeah no one in the media seems to ask what the fvck Pete is doing. Its annoying. Someone should tweet TG or something about that.

Look at what Calgary and Colorado have done with new coaches (I know its only 5 games in) but like many of you have said, our losing record goes back many games now.

It seems like it's been something of an issue in recent days at least between TG's snark comment and the reporters asking Lou about the young players' development.

Storm clouds are movin in

Edited by hargsy

It seems like it's been something of an issue in recent days at least between TG's snark comment and the reporters asking Lou about the young players' development.

It needs to become the media's central theme until this team starts winning. The lineup questions need to be asked and DeBoer needs to be held accountable for his continued mismanagement of the lineup.

One thing is evident: Deboer doesn't share the philosophy that any player is benchable

He did actually bench Volch last year for a few games.  So thankfully he's not one of them.

Yeah but he did that when we had 8 D and Tallinder was drawing in a lot. I have a bad feeling the only way Volch comes out of the lineup is if he gets hurt.

Yeah but he did that when we had 8 D and Tallinder was drawing in a lot. I have a bad feeling the only way Volch comes out of the lineup is if he gets hurt.

Or he gets suspended.

its pretty clear that hes not going to vench any of the veteran D players or one would think he wouldve done so by now.

Doesn't mean we should be happy with it.

all im fvcking hoping is that behind closed doors there's talks with Fayne telling him that Lou is trying to move bodies and that he'll be a part of the plan going forward. Just to hold on a little longer and that things will get in place and he'll have his spot.

Cause really thats the only way to make everything work, to move one of those 2 NOW. if we don't, we'll have 2 spots to fill, Fayne's spot (who would just want to get the fvck out of this circus) and Zid who will probably not resign.

Larsson - Green

Gelinas - Sal / Volch

Merril - Harrold

i dont know... i'd kinda want to see Fayne in there and Harrold as the 7th guy...

Larsson - Green

Gelinas - Fayne

Merril - Sal/Volch

Harrold

this leaves time for Santini to be ready to step in for Sal or Volch retiring or leaving after their contracts

I'd be VERY surprised if Santini is NHL ready by the time Sal or Volch aren't on the roster. There's a lot of defensemen ahead of him in the pipeline that make it even harder.