The useless Zees

dmitri

he and Henrique were supposed to be core players for the future

I like how we're already speaking in past tenses. Not saying they will turn it around, but the possibility is absolutely there.

I like how we're already speaking in past tenses. Not saying they will turn it around, but the possibility is absolutely there.

some of our players have regressed instead of getting better..........yeah I hope they all turn it around and become the players we all thought they'd turn out to be.

some of our players have regressed instead of getting better..........yeah I hope they all turn it around and become the players we all thought they'd turn out to be.

Zajac is already an established player and your talking about him like he's a Josefson or a Tedenby.  He's a big center and does everything that a center should be doing.  Be responsible defensively, win faceoffs, help his team control the puck effectively, etc.. 

Zubrus is a player that I feel the Devils can succeed without, but he does things that other players may struggle.  Aka winning puck battles along the board, he's our biggest forward and hasn't lost all his speed yet, even as he ages.  He can kill penalties, he's almost the perfect fringe 2nd liner who can be an effective 3rd line forward. 

Zajac isn't a top center. But he's paid like one. That dictates the negative reaction. He's still the Devils' most valuable center. He is a strong two-way player who is money on faceoffs and excellent shorthanded. A good puck possession guy to have on the forecheck. I think it's just about finding the right combo. Parise made it easier because he was so skilled. Until they are able to plug someone in, it'll be a challenge for Zajac offensively. You have to surround him with one skill player and one energy guy. If you took Elias and Clowe, that might work. But I can't say for sure if that's what they want. Elias and Jagr have chemistry. So, you don't break it up. 

Henrique has increased expectations. His 2012 playoffs puts more pressure on him along with the new contract. Sometimes, fans expectations can be unrealistic. He's still just a third-year player. I'd say 20 goals and 50 points is reasonable.

I'd actually bet my house that they will.

I'd take you up on that bet. Neither guy is proven away from their old linemates who are no longer with the team. I almost guarantee one will come back to their old level of production (not sure which), but both is a tough bet to take. I absolutely hope they both kill it though because I happen to be a big fan of each one.

It's also been 4 games. It will take some time for 5 new forwards to build chemistry with a new team and system, and with each other.

the problem is not the new forwards... except maybe Clowe he looks like a bag of crap.. the new forwards and elias are the only ones who have produced anything in the first 4 games.

I'd take you up on that bet. Neither guy is proven away from their old linemates who are no longer with the team. I almost guarantee one will come back to their old level of production (not sure which), but both is a tough bet to take. I absolutely hope they both kill it though because I happen to be a big fan of each one.

Only place they can go is up!

They fracking in your area?

Que?

Que?

Hydraulic Fracturing. It's a method of procuring Natural Gas from shale. It has been known to contaminate drinking water to the point of being able to light the stream out of your faucet on fire.

Just wanted to know before I put my name in on that bet. Don't want any asbestos either, sir. :P

Hydraulic Fracturing. It's a method of procuring Natural Gas from shale. It has been known to contaminate drinking water to the point of being able to light the stream out of your faucet on fire.

Just wanted to know before I put my name in on that bet. Don't want any asbestos either, sir. :P

I need to find something witty to say here, but I always fail.

no sir you are wrong here.. atleast we have collected 3 points in the 4 game losing streak.. we could be collecting nothing at all.. could definently be worse.

Not sure what this has to do with anything I said.  :lol:

I need to find something witty to say here, but I always fail.

Not sure what this has to do with anything I said.  :lol:

you said the only place the team can go is up... they can actually get much worse then what theyve been, as weve all seen... was what i was trying to say here boss.

you said the only place the team can go is up... they can actually get much worse then what theyve been, as weve all seen... was what i was trying to say here boss.

Ahh.  I was actually talking about Henrique and Zajac.  I don't think they can get any worse.

I'd still take it if they are. They pay lots of $$$ to drill on your property. lol. And what's a little fire from your faucet, bunch of whiners I say.

Or they could stay where they are. That is a possibility here, albeit an unfortunate one.