Thomas Hertl 4 goals against the Rags

SterioDesign

So Adam Oates wasnt happy with Hertl and thought it was dissrespectful:

Capitals coach Adam Oates, the former Devils assistant, told reporters in Washington today that he was “upset” about the goal.

“I

think it was a little bit of a mood thing, which I’m sure they talked about, because they didn’t play him after that,” Oates said. “I’m glad the coach did that because this league, it will bite you if you’re not sharp. Don’t disrespect the league. I’m sure it was a rookie mistake.”

:doh1:

Oates is from the old school where the kid would have lost some teeth a generation ago for doing that in a blowout.  It's telling that most of the players today don't even blink at that kind of thing.  Unless you do it in the shootout, for some reason there's outrage over fancy moves there (the kid in Ottawa last year holding the puck on his stick for one) when it may actually be the difference in winning a game or not.

So Adam Oates wasnt happy with Hertl and thought it was dissrespectful:

:doh1:

Oh, Oates...there's no room for having that kind of respect when you're trying to win a game...what do you want, for them to bring in some kind of "mercy rule" where once you're up by a couple your goals don't count anymore and you just sit back and play prevent defense!? I've seen games where the score's been run up 6-0 (oh wait, that was against King Nothing last night :w00t: ) and no one bats an eye

CIypgAp.jpg

BWPagZPCUAECYr3.png

My, what a big ehmm ...Guess that why they call him Jumbo Joe.

Seriously.  His comment is hilarious.  How is that the first thing anyone would do if they scored 4 goals in a game?  Good stuff.

Like to see Tedenby make that move!

I'd like to see him play in a game and look like an actual NHL player.  Guy has serious skill, but is just too small (or plays too small) for the NHL.

All I have to say is that if you are watching that play you know he was showboating and its not the natural play which woudl have been a deak and going glove. They were blowing the rags out and he has a hat trick at that point, it reminds me of when Mike Powell did a flip during a lacrosse game prior to his shot, no need but when winning and losing isn't at risk, why not.

That being said, usually you don't pull a move like that because right afterward the teams enforcer plows you and the next time you think to do that move you remeber the time you lost 4 teeth...thats my opinion but whatev.

Edited by newarkdev01