GDT 5 The New Jersey Devils face Bob Hartley's Flames

caron14

I'd sh!tcan Stevens before DeBoer. Get a real defensive COACH in here. Not just a great player. Gretzky couldn't fvcking coach either

Agreed.  I think Stevens is the reason Fayne isn't playing.

It just dawned on me that if Ryder's goal counted and we went up 3-1, we would've just blown it anyway. I have to tell myself that so I don't punch something lol.

No because Giordano's goal doesn't happen if the penalty isn't called.

Unfortunate result for the Devils. Felt they deserved at least a point but a poor 3rd period did them in. Wish the Zidlicky and Salvador pairing would come to an end. Gotta love Salvador going to cover the Flame Zidlicky already had and leave Monahan wide open for the GWG. Don't think it's right to get on Brodeur after this one, allowed 2 PPG's and a defensive lapse led to the GWG at EV. His team didn't really do much to help him tonight. I actually thought he looked better than he has lately.

Flames fans have a lot to look forward to with Monahan and Bartschi.

If Fayne or Larsson did that, they'd be glued to the press box for a month. Salvador will probably get power play time.

Salvador messed up...better sit Larsson next game!

I'd sh!tcan Stevens before DeBoer. Get a real defensive COACH in here. Not just a great player. Gretzky couldn't fvcking coach either

Stevens is to assistant coaching as Johnny Mac is to head coaching.

Stevens was and always will be the best captain in devils history but he is sucking major ass at coaching.

Can't wait to hear DeBoer talk about how this was a learning experience and how thrilled he is with the way they played. Then he'll scratch Larsson again next game because Larsson didn't bother to tell Salvador to cover Monahan going to the net, even though Larsson was on the bench getting a drink of water at the time.

I don't want to jump the gun and judge him on a small sample - especially since we don't see the practices - but I do have my concerns that he is another great player who makes a not so good coach.

Overall I'm still not worried about this team. I think there is still a lot of gelling that has to take place and things to be ironed out. If they are still playing like this into November, I'll worry. They still have time on their side and while I'm not happy with DeBoer at the moment, I'm not ready to call for his head.

fvcking refs won it for the flames with that sh!t call on Ryder.

And Stevens you were a great captain but a complete sh!thead of a defensive coach. Blown coverage and sh!tty personnel decisions are your calling card.

I gave the devils five games and they can't hold a fvcking lead for three straight periods.

Sorry CR1976 I know you said this team can't be connected to last years team but when I start seeing the same mistakes, same excuses and same blown leads that we saw from about game 20 of last year until now, I put two and two together.

They better win in winnipeg so help me fvcking god and get that piece of sh!t gionta off the ice before I really explode.

All I'm going to say about this one is I think the DeBoer watch is going to start real soon if this doesn't turn around pretty quickly...especially with Laviolette out there.  Didn't think I'd be saying that so soon, but there it is.

Salvador...there just aren't any words. 

Agree with feisty that I still can't start freaking out YET, but if they lose to Winnipeg and make the same mistakes doing it, the blood pressure is definitely going to rise.

I'm still pissed off, and I'm aware of their run and how much they've stunk since say, late February.    It was that bad!   fvcking seriously you have to be joking me.   That's like $8M worth of defenseman and they showed the awareness of David Clarkson lit up on grain alcohol.

yeah I hope Lou doesnt wait till late December to shake things up

You'll see youth recalled first. Better and wait until March when he'll deal this trash from a position of strength to contenders. Maybe he'll fleece someone with cup aspirations and a bit of depth for Salvador, jagr or volchenkov. Try to get a 1st somehow maybe shed a contract or two. Trying to save this season is going to look like a dam with 100 holes and one cork to plug it. This team needs to build around youth, team speed and backend skill and it won't happen overnight

You have got to be kidding.

Who else would you suggest? PDB has made some horrible personnel decisions. There's no way Lemaire is coming back and I don't think Lou has the constitution to get behind the bench. Plus Lavi says what we're all thinking:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVfO6lY9ngM

Edited by CarpathianForest

You have got to be kidding.

No newbie, I'm not.  I'm not a Laviolette guy myself, but he has had success before.  Hopefully it never comes to that...if DeBoer gets canned, clearly things have gone HORRIBLY wrong. 

You'll see youth recalled first. Better and wait until March when he'll deal this trash from a position of strength to contenders. Maybe he'll fleece someone with cup aspirations and a bit of depth for Salvador, jagr or volchenkov. Try to get a 1st somehow maybe shed a contract or two. Trying to save this season is going to look like a dam with 100 holes and one cork to plug it. This team needs to build around youth, team speed and backend skill and it won't happen overnight

I think missing the playoffs is NOT in Lou's plan book this year

this team missed last year, if they miss this year, thats a lot of revenue AND it might start that losing attitude in the organization which could last years