isles aquire vanek. large deal

caron14

How is suggesting trading Schneider and a few other pieces for Enroth and Vanek trolling? What the hells the matter with you? Schneider has a higher trade value than Enroth for the time being, and we may not have to give up another core piece to include Vanek.

Enroth is a backup because hes like 25 and is behind Miller. Hes being groomed to take over the starting spot, and everyone knows he has the talent to be a starter. I cant believe i need to explain how that works.

Well, now you know how all the rest of us feel when you mention trading a guy we spent valuable assets on before he's even played enough games to judge how well he has played. That is what's insane, not the lack of understanding as to how the trade would work..............

Edited by ATLL765

Well, now you know how all the rest of us feel when you mention trading a guy we spent valuable assets on before he's even played enough games to judge how well he has played. That is what's insane, not the lack of understanding as to how the trade would work..............

You mean a valuable asset? Youre going to tell me youre not trading the equivalent of a 9th pick and a prospect or 2 for Enroth and Vanek? I would try to make sure he signed a multi year extension, but contracts aside. A starting goaltender and a superstar forward, I dont care how long Schneiders been here.

Its probably better to move him before he coughs up another half dozen soft goals anyway

You mean a valuable asset? Youre going to tell me youre not trading the equivalent of a 9th pick and a prospect or 2 for Enroth and Vanek? I would try to make sure he signed a multi year extension, but contracts aside. A starting goaltender and a superstar forward, I dont care how long Schneiders been here.

Its probably better to move him before he coughs up another half dozen soft goals anyway

Not when Vanek's deal is over at the end of the year, no. Then we traded the #9 pick and some prospects for Enroth, who may not be as good or better than Schneider.

Plus, it's gonna take more than Scneider and some garbage prospects to get Enroth and Vanek.

It'd be more like Schneider+JJ+Gelinas/Merril for Enroth and Vanek. Might even take another pick on top of it to seal the deal. That does not sound like value added to me when next year all we have is Enroth and we lost Schneider, JJ and one of our D prospects to get him.

It is never and will never be a good idea to give up on a player based on an extremely small sample of data like we have with Schneider.

Especially when he's played 104 NHL games and has a .927sv% and Enroth has played 56 NHL games with a .914sv%.

How is suggesting trading Schneider and a few other pieces for Enroth and Vanek trolling? What the hells the matter with you? Schneider has a higher trade value than Enroth for the time being, and we may not have to give up another core piece to include Vanek.

Enroth is a backup because hes like 25 and is behind Miller. Hes being groomed to take over the starting spot, and everyone knows he has the talent to be a starter. I cant believe i need to explain how that works.

In what reality would Schneider and "a few other pieces" (care to elaborate?) fetch Vanek and Enroth?  Setting aside the absurdity of trading Schneider for a second - for the 100th time, this isn't NHL 14.  You can't get treasure for trash in the real world.

In what reality would Schneider and "a few other pieces" (care to elaborate?) fetch Vanek and Enroth? Setting aside the absurdity of trading Schneider for a second - for the 100th time, this isn't NHL 14. You can't get treasure for trash in the real world.

Maybe you should refer to my original post, where i said "if i was playing gm" and "this is unrealistic, but i like it". Reading comprehension is an important skill. Get it down before your next job interview. And why wouldnt schneider larsson and a second or third rounder bring in enroth and vanek? Unless there would be a better offer from elsewhere (which of course isnt unlikely). Vanek is going to walk, and theyd be getting a franchise goaltender. Enroth is an NHL starter and hes a couple years younger than schneider. Schneider never wanted to come here, and i dont think he wants to be here. What happens when he walks? And why is he untouchable? Why does it matter if hes gone if someone else who can stop the puck is brought in?

Maybe you should refer to my original post, where i said "if i was playing gm" and "this is unrealistic, but i like it". Reading comprehension is an important skill. Get it down before your next job interview. And why wouldnt schneider larsson and a second or third rounder bring in enroth and vanek? Unless there would be a better offer from elsewhere (which of course isnt unlikely). Vanek is going to walk, and theyd be getting a franchise goaltender. Enroth is an NHL starter and hes a couple years younger than schneider. Schneider never wanted to come here, and i dont think he wants to be here. What happens when he walks? And why is he untouchable? Why does it matter if hes gone if someone else who can stop the puck is brought in?

My guess from the outside looking in is that Miller wants to be traded. Both Miller and Vanek don't seem willing to wait for Buffalo to rebuild a team that could make a decent cup run. I'd expect them to hold on to Enroth for dear life.

I must've missed your original post, because trust me, I would've replied to something as idiotic as that directly had I seen it.

Why on earth would you want to trade Larsson in a package for a 30 year old rental and a goaltender with minimal experience as a starter? Even if Vanek resigns in the hypothetical situation, would you want him on a 7 year 56m contract?

Ridiculous. I don't know why I bother replying to these ridiculous trolls that come out in the bad times, but..here we are, another reply sent.

Edited by Devilsfan118

I must've missed your original post, because trust me, I would've replied to something as idiotic as that directly had I seen it. Why on earth would you want to trade Larsson in a package for a 30 year old rental and a goaltender with minimal experience as a starter? Even if Vanek resigns in the hypothetical situation, would you want him on a 7 year 56m contract?Ridiculous. I don't know why I bother replying to these ridiculous trolls that come out in the bad times, but..here we are, another reply sent.

Right, Enroths 55 games isnt enough to warrant him being looked at as the future starter, but Schneiders 100 games was worth a 9th overall pick. I think this team could be competitive next year if you add vanek. Think about his impact on guys like Zajac, Henrique, Boucher, Brunner. Management is clearly incapable of developing Larssons game anyway, move him for his own sake.

Christ, maybe theyll even take clowe, who knows.

Larsson+Schneider+2nd for Vanek+Enroth. What is the point of that trade? You are losing not only your starting goaltender, but also your best defensive prospect and your top pick in the next draft for a lesser goalie and the chance to resign Vanek.

Larsson+Schneider+2nd for Vanek+Enroth. What is the point of that trade? You are losing not only your starting goaltender, but also your best defensive prospect and your top pick in the next draft for a lesser goalie and the chance to resign Vanek.

Enroth has been almost as good as Schneider on a much worse team. Ive said time and time again, id only seriously consider this deal if vanek would sign an extension. I also never said the 2 or 3 rounder would have to be in this upcoming draft.

Enroth has been almost as good as Schneider on a much worse team. Ive said time and time again, id only seriously consider this deal if vanek would sign an extension. I also never said the 2 or 3 rounder would have to be in this upcoming draft.

Oh right, so they're in full rebuild mode, but they're looking to get draft picks for a draft 2-3 years away.....and how exactly do you figure Enroth is almost as good despite having a significantly lower career sv%? You're never gonna get any kind of a guarantee that a player will re-sign, so that's pointless.

Holy sh!t what a terrible trade for the isles. I can't even believe this happened. Thank god we weren't the ones to give up our whole team.

Vanek for moulson is a pretty level trade. . But you throw in two great pics??? Wowwww Buffalo with the heist!