Schneider Upset

Derek21

I was excited about this team. This game really hurt. Offensively inept. When do we see Matteau/Boucher up here? 

When do we see Josefson, Tedenby, and Fayne up here? Any kind of youth and speed will do better than what the vets are providing us (minus Jagr/Elias/Zubrus).

it's that time of the year when we trade a captain again.

Trade?  You mean bench.  No one's taking Salvador.

When do we see Josefson, Tedenby, and Fayne up here? Any kind of youth and speed will do better than what the vets are providing us (minus Jagr/Elias/Zubrus).

Don't know if that's true, unfortunately.

When the other team has the puck along the half boards in the Devils end, there is frequently a man wide open near the back post.  They either just stand there or skate in towards the back post.  I've seen this a bunch of times this season with no Devil there to even clog the passing lane in that area.  Even when nothing comes of it, it drives me crazy they can just ignore the guy hanging out in front of the goalie.

Granted the game was basically over but that third goal was a joke. There was a Winn player right in front of the net, Zid and assuming Sal standing right behind him, emphasis on the word "standing". What happened to getting between a guy and the net, clearing guys out from in front of the net, heck I'd even take covering a guy a this point. Those guys did not care one bit, even after getting shut out, even after having zero wins so far this season. Oh sorry, zid gave the guy a little shove after the scored. Probably didn't even feel it.

Way to play like it matters guys. Mage we're spoiled as a fan base to have had so many players who played every minute like it was their last, but what I saw yesterday was two guys getting paid millions to do their favorite thing in the world and do it like they don't give a crap.

Bottom line, Good for Schneider.

Way too much discussion over nothing. May have gotten into it with someone. May have been Salvador, the captain of the team. Ridiculous.

his quotes to TG made it pretty clear he was really upset at the team. he played an excellent game. the team played like dogsh!t and when they knew the 3rd had to at least show something, they did nothing outside of about 3 shifts.

The thing that enraged me last night more than anything was when Kane coned Greene like he wasn't even there (while the Devils were on a power play no less) and Schneider saved Greene's ass by making the save, Greene skates right by Schneider and barely looks at him. No tap on the pads to say 'thanks for bailing me out'. No 'hey, sorry I hung you out to dry and let that guy skate right by me'. He just meekly skates away. And this is a guy wearing a 'A' on his chest? And you see why Schneider is pissed?

Way too much discussion over nothing. May have gotten into it with someone. May have been Salvador, the captain of the team. Ridiculous.

That's my problem...no real confirmation that this even happened.

When the other team has the puck along the half boards in the Devils end, there is frequently a man wide open near the back post.  They either just stand there or skate in towards the back post.  I've seen this a bunch of times this season with no Devil there to even clog the passing lane in that area.  Even when nothing comes of it, it drives me crazy they can just ignore the guy hanging out in front of the goalie.

Yep!!! I noticed this back in 2010-2011 and it pissed me off then and pisses me off now. Didn't see much of that the past two seasons but I'm seeing it again now, and it enrages me to no end. Best example of it was Vancouver's OT winner with Salvador hanging out passively enjoying the view with Santorelli screening Schneider.

He was livid when he skated off, you could see his eyes bugging out. I even said it in chat that he was going to unload on the team.

..let him. I hope he went off on everyone. Devils need a good tongue lashing after nonchalant quotes like; "We're not 30 games in, are we? It's 5 games.. we're doing the right things out there." --and for the record, I LOVE Patty.. but where's the urgency in saying something like that?? Where?

"It's getting a little late for almosts & moral victories."  --THAT'S a fvcking quote. That's the guy I want the players on my team to look to for motivation.

He was livid when he skated off, you could see his eyes bugging out. I even said it in chat that he was going to unload on the team.

..let him. I hope he went off on everyone. Devils need a good tongue lashing after nonchalant quotes like; "We're not 30 games in, are we? It's 5 games.. we're doing the right things out there." --and for the record, I LOVE Patty.. but where's the urgency in saying something like that?? Where?

"It's getting a little late for almosts & moral victories."  --THAT'S a fvcking quote. That's the guy I want the players on my team to look to for motivation.

Right on Beez. Couldn't agree more.

I'm glad someone's upset. I don't mind the team not getting the bounces and not having the ability, but lack of effort drives me absolutely insane. Leaving guys open in front is just basic hockey. And you JUST MADE THAT MISTAKE the other night. This reminds me of the too many men penalties a few years ago. Just mindless mistakes.

Also, Sterio, arguments and disagreements happen in all locker rooms. It's a little much to claim that he's unhappy and will leave for nothing.

One last thing.... If Marty said this, half this board would be talking about what a terrible teammate he is :P

Edited by Devil Dan 56

I'm glad someone's upset. I don't mind the team not getting the bounces and not having the ability, but lack of effort drives me absolutely insane. Leaving guys open in front is just basic hockey. And you JUST MADE THAT MISTAKE the other night. This reminds me of the too many men penalties a few years ago. Just mindless mistakes.

Also, Sterio, arguments and disagreements happen in all locker rooms. It's a little much to claim that he's unhappy and will leave for nothing.

One last thing.... If Marty said this, half this board would be talking about what a terrible teammate he is :P

nobody would say anything about anyone saying that they're not playing well and that results have to start coming.

marty gets a lot of hate lately but the only time people get upset when he's critical are when he blames everyone but himself

Yep!!! I noticed this back in 2010-2011 and it pissed me off then and pisses me off now. Didn't see much of that the past two seasons but I'm seeing it again now, and it enrages me to no end. Best example of it was Vancouver's OT winner with Salvador hanging out passively enjoying the view with Santorelli screening Schneider.

Last season too.  It's the thing that i just dont understand - it's Sal's MO.  I think of it as puck chasing.  It was going on before Stevens came on board.  I thought he'd put a stop to it but he seems to not be really doing anything.

I just dont understand the inaction.  It IS broke - it needs fixing.  The little things aren't actually there -- it's an illusion!!  :rant:

I honestly feel like the more we rant and rail, the more they stick to their sh!tty mindset.  Seriously, I feel like they're being spiteful. Nnno, we're NOT going to take shots, Nnno this IS zone coverage. Nno it ISN'T about winning.  Nno we DON'T need energy. 

That whole taking things personally was swell when they were proving the league wrong but now they've decided it's much more fun to prove the fans wrong.  Nno our system DOESN'T work.  Nno we are NOT fiscally responsible.  Nnno we will not be pigeon holed into what you think we should be -- maybe we ARE Mickey Mouse and LIKE IT!  So haaaa!

DAGNABITALL -- seriously -- I found this and saved it because it IS me watching these fvckers.  I mean I have to just stop already - it's insulting no matter how stupid it sounds to those of you emotionally uninvolved.

cantlookaway.gif

Fine, you've proven me wrong.  YOU DO SUCK!  You do NOT play the ineffable system.  You ENJOY LOSING  -- WE GET IT NOW.

<_<

Marty woudln't say this -- that' the point.  Closest he gets is" losing isn't fun.  But I'll still come back next year because I had so much fun.  WELL WHAT THE fvck IS SO FUN THEN????  YOU TELL ME ASSFACE!

this goes back to rotating goalie styles = affecting defensive system struct6ures.

so who gets the start thurs and saturday?

if cory is upset and has to wait till Sat to face our rival or does marty get both games...or seems like cory might get the start on thurs cause coach probably will reward cory for saying something.

forgot what i was gonna say so me watching a devils game.

signal.gif

Edited by lazer

this goes back to rotating goalie styles = affecting defensive system struct6ures.

so who gets the start thurs and saturday?

if cory is upset and has to wait till Sat to face our rival or does marty get both games...or seems like cory might get the start on thurs cause coach probably will reward cory for saying something.

forgot what i was gonna say so me watching a devils game.

signal.gif

I hope it's Marty on Thursday and Cory on Saturday... Cory needs a good home game with a big crowd and a rivalry/playoff atmosphere to start feeling good about this franchise again. So far, we've given him nothing; not even a sold-out home opener (even though he didn't play, I'm sure he notices these types of things on opening day as part of a new team, like, "Hmmm... Some empty seats..").

Edited by DJ Eco