Schneider Upset

Derek21

Of course he's upset. He got traded from a good Vancouver team where he battled for the number one spot to this clusterfvck. I would be upset too if I went from Hamhuis and Bieksa to Volchenkov and Salvador playing in front of me.

You think goalies like to be in goaltender battles?  Unless one specifically says "I love the challenge of battling for #1", that is BS.  Most players would prefer stability and the safety of being a number 1 guy.  I can say that due to long contracts that players sign, specifically Devils players.   Ditto the other comments on Bieksa and Hamhuis.

Its 2013 not 1978.

We're the Devils, we're not the Kings or the Penguins or the Capitals. Getting something like that out of this team is a big scoop. A stupid little rumor like this, whether true or untrue, just caused 3 pages of replies and discussion, so I'd love to know where he hears that little tidbit from.

But still, the guy's gotta have a pretty inside source (or actually be there himself) to get something like that in about an hour after the game, if it's even true.

This ^^

Edited by DJ Eco

The thing that enraged me last night more than anything was when Kane coned Greene like he wasn't even there (while the Devils were on a power play no less) and Schneider saved Greene's ass by making the save, Greene skates right by Schneider and barely looks at him. No tap on the pads to say 'thanks for bailing me out'. No 'hey, sorry I hung you out to dry and let that guy skate right by me'. He just meekly skates away. And this is a guy wearing a 'A' on his chest? And you see why Schneider is pissed?

I made the exact comment about that situation in my twitter. Totally unacceptable for anyone to quit on a play, not mention a named leader.

I made the exact comment about that situation in my twitter. Totally unacceptable for anyone to quit on a play, not mention a named leader.

Still wish we knew more of the specifics.  Who was Schneider pissed at?  Why?

Still wish we knew more of the specifics.  Who was Schneider pissed at?  Why?

I was just thinking the same thing. 

If the team or coaches were just more articulate even.  The things everyone says is just crap.  And there is no activity that tells me they find this unacceptable.  It's one thing to not have the parts - but when it all stays status quo with new parts. 

When the new players adopt the same old problems, THAT is what is of concern. When fitting in. playing the system means your play deflates to meet the losing team... :noclue:  That looks like what we're seeing here, not guys just finding their way.  it looks like they FOUND their way and it's the sh!tty road the team was on before they arrived.

Schneider may decide to bolt after 2014/2015 or at least test free agency. 

The Oilers are desperately looking for goaltending right now and were in on the talks with the Canucks to acquire Schneider but the Canucks didn't want to trade Schneider within their own division.

So...........................

Should the Devils trade Schneider for Yakupov?

Edited by gradin123

Schneider may decide to bolt after 2014/2015 or at least test free agency. 

The Oilers are desperately looking for goaltending right now and were in on the talks with the Canucks to acquire Schneider but the Canucks didn't want to trade Schneider within their own division.

So...........................

Should the Devils trade Schneider for Yakupov?

No, no, no, no, no, no, no and no again.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no and no again.

How about Nugent Hopkins? Is Cory really untradeable? It seems to me you could get a premium from the Oilers right now. The Devils are basically in a full rebuild mode right now anyways so getting young offensive talent certainly couldn't hurt especially with Cory potentially bolting in  1 3/4 years. Cory is a smart guy and was the Canucks union rep at the collective bargaining table. He has no real loyalties to the Devils and I certainly think he knows he could strike it rich as a UFA. To sign him will cost a pretty penny. Like $7M plus per year.

We are taking about former first overall picks in the last few years that the Oilers may be willing to part with.

Edited by gradin123

How about Nugent Hopkins? Is Cory really untradeable? It seems to me you could get a premium from the Oilers right now. The Devils are basically in a full rebuild mode right now anyways so getting young offensive talent certainly couldn't hurt especially with Cory potentially bolting in  1 3/4 years. Cory is a smart guy and was the Canucks union rep at the collective bargaining table. He has no real loyalties to the Devils and I certainly think he knows he could strike it rich as a UFA. To sign him will cost a pretty penny. Like $7M plus per year.

We are taking about former first overall picks in the last few years that the Oilers may be willing to part with.

Question is, who do the Devils put in goal at that point.

What are you talking about? The Devils are in full rebuild mode right now? Jeez. Everyday I am so glad that LL isn't into snap judgements or over reactions. How about we wait until game 20-25 before you're ready to throw in the towel for the whole season. Christ.

At the moment, Cory is pretty much untradeable. Fans need to realize that free agency happens, and sometimes you lose players. Trading someone who is a major part of the team and MIGHT leave in 1 and 3/4 years is ridiculous. They can't even talk extension with him until January. He's already stated this is as close to Boston as he could get without playing there. Agreed he has no loyalty to the Devils, but he has less than none to Edmonton.

What are you talking about? The Devils are in full rebuild mode right now? Jeez. Everyday I am so glad that LL isn't into snap judgements or over reactions. How about we wait until game 20-25 before you're ready to throw in the towel for the whole season. Christ.

I dont necessarily disagree with you, but the MacLean season i believe we were 9-22-2 when we made the move to fire him and Lou has been quoted saying he regrets waiting as long.  Now I dont think he waits 30 games again, but if this team is say 4-8-3 after 15 games- you can bet on some moves being made.  Being Brodeurs last season and with what happened last season, coupled with Lou forgoing giving up his draft pick when we made the cup finals, he is going to have some major answering to do if we finish bottom 10 in the league.

Just my opinion here...

I dont necessarily disagree with you, but the MacLean season i believe we were 9-22-2 when we made the move to fire him and Lou has been quoted saying he regrets waiting as long.  Now I dont think he waits 30 games again, but if this team is say 4-8-3 after 15 games- you can bet on some moves being made.  Being Brodeurs last season and with what happened last season, coupled with Lou forgoing giving up his draft pick when we made the cup finals, he is going to have some major answering to do if we finish bottom 10 in the league.

Just my opinion here...

I'd say wait maybe for game 20, but trading a quality starting goalie you just traded your #9 pick for a few months ago before he even plays a dozen games for you is beyond stupid.

Just my opinion here...

Um, not for nothing, but the team would have to go 4-5-0 in the next 9 games to get to 4-8-3 which means they'd have to be doing significantly better than they are now.