Clowe placed on IR retro to Oct 13

gardenstatepkwy

We interrupt the goal song controversy to bring you an injury update brought to you by the good folks over at Barnabas Health System - "Everyday, extraordinary":

NHLDevilsPR @NHLDevilsPR 3m

#njdevils place Ryane Clowe on IR retroactive to Oct. 13, per Lou Lamoriello. Clowe will not travel to Ott. for Thursday game vs Sens. #NHL

According to TG he took an elbow to the dome last game and has been experiencing headaches.  Here we go.

Teddy in?

Edited by gardenstatepkwy

Tedenby is in, which is curious.  It means to get Clowe off IR they'll have to make another move.

honestly i always liked Tedenby. He may not be good defensively and was not producing as much as we'd like but he was fast and we're catching guys off guards, he was getting us LOTS of PP cause guys would always get penalties on him thats a fact. 

He hasn't made a great impression on us early on this first month and a half, but I think he'll prove his worth further down the line, when we really need him to.. Not sure what I'm basing it on, just a clairvoyant feeling I have with the guy.

I have a feeling that Clowe's true value will become more apparent during the playoffs, assuming we ever make it that far again.

I have noticed the ones who really hate on Clowe the most are the ones who were/are huge Clarktard fans.

Clarkson looks like Pavel Bure compared to Clowe. I will reserve judgement until I see more, but I think we all knew the baggage that came along with him and I don't expect him back in the lineup anytime soon.

Clarkson looks like Pavel Bure compared to Clowe. I will reserve judgement until I see more, but I think we all knew the baggage that came along with him and I don't expect him back in the lineup anytime soon.

He has baggage for sure, but has higher potential.

Plus the fact I do not have to see anymore Clarkarounds, dives, and him taking stupid penalties anytime a Ranger player or any other player instigates him in the slightest while having that stupid "Who Me?!" face after he is called is enough for me to take Clowe over him.

I have a feeling that Clowe's true value will become more apparent during the playoffs, assuming we ever make it that far again.

100% agree... I don't know what it is, but he's a Newfie and a tough guy to play against, even if he's started off slow for us. He's one of the players on the team that I'm giving some slack and some time to learn the system. He's bounced around from San Jose to New York to New Jersey in less than 8 months. On top of personally getting settled in around here, he needs time to get Tortorella's words out of his brain and gel with a linemate or two.

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt until the All Star break.

yup just got an alert for this from my nhl app a little while ago.. as i am not surprised 6 games into the regular season and hes having to sit out for the second time.. first time for a charlie horse(may have been pre season i dont remember) either way ridiculous..

honestly i always liked Tedenby. He may not be good defensively and was not producing as much as we'd like but he was fast and we're catching guys off guards, he was getting us LOTS of PP cause guys would always get penalties on him thats a fact. 

As I recall, he took almost as much as he drew, which is a shame. But with our PP, I don't consider "drawing calls" to be much of a positive effect. At this point, it's kinda like hitting. 

so... out of the predictions that the whole hockey world made but that we we're calling out and too homers to admit here's 3 of the checklist so far...

1- Our defence is bad. CHECK

2- Our offence sucks. CHECK

3- Clowe got injured. CHECK

SD bitching about everything Devil-related. CHECK

Hoping the fact that the Devils got to spend some time at home and practice on their own rink helps to get things moving in the right direction. 

Are you kidding me? Talk about romanticizing..Clarkson couldn't skate for sh!t either, come on now. We used to all joke about him falling down, for Christ sake.

I'm not a Clowe fan either, but come on..

Are you kidding me? Talk about romanticizing..Clarkson couldn't skate for sh!t either, come on now. We used to all joke about him falling down, for Christ sake.

I'm not a Clowe fan either, but come on..

This is exactly my point. Not sure what people are watching, but I can't tell if he is skating forwards or backwards he is so slow. Not sure how much we will get to see him anyway since that brain has been scrambled way too much.

Clowe is a better player than Clarkson.

here we go again with your opinions .... please.. clowe isnt even going to be healthy enough threw out his entire contract to compare his career to be had with the devils to clarksons time here.. the guy is obviously frail as sh!t one issue after another already