2013-2014 Lineup/Roster Thread

devilsrule33

Well this is the group of 6 a lot of people have wanted to see. Hard to believe we are actually seeing them this early in the season.

guys are dropping like flies.. zajac, elias, clowe, harrold, salvador... and im probably even leaving someone out. Edited by Sik02gt

Dreger was on NHL Network and said Edmonton is after blueline help big time, and that they may be looking to add more than one defenseman. Whaddya say Lou?

not knowing that team much off the top of my head... who would they have that we would have an interest in realistically

Dreger was on NHL Network and said Edmonton is after blueline help big time, and that they may be looking to add more than one defenseman. Whaddya say Lou?

The Devils have 4 defensemen currently injured, if anything they're looking for help, not looking to trade players away.

Fayne would be a perfect fit for them.  Plus we have a lot of good defense prospects.  Edmonton and the Devils would make good trading partners.

not knowing that team much off the top of my head... who would they have that we would have an interest in realistically

Hemsky, Gagner, or Arcobello

The Devils have 4 defensemen currently injured, if anything they're looking for help, not looking to trade players away.

And we have several guys who can fill those spots.  We have a log jam at defense.

True. I guess I'm still hoping we can dump that Volchenkov contract on someone lol.

Volchenkov hasn't been bad imo.  Someone would be willing to take him.  We don't need both him and Salvador, and Salvador is more reliable than Volch.

yeah I believe that is his 3rd NHL goal 

Larsson has 2 ...just sayin

Larsson's offensive game will come.  If he reaches his peak, he'll be a steady 35 point guy.

• 2 weeks later...

Elias and Gionta back in during practice. Josefson and Tedenby look to be the extra forwards.

I don't give Deboer much crap here at all, but I just can't stand the Gionta thing. In the few games he was gone, the PK looked better, the 4th line looked better, yet he is right back in there. And at the expense of Josefson makes it all that much worse.

This is why there are advanced stats: so we can quantify that Gionta has been atrocious regardless what Deboer thinks with his preconceived opinions or ideas about what Gionta brings to the team or the idea of liking a Gionta type player with a nice story. The answer is nothing. 

Edited by devilsrule33

I've never seen such an obsession with crappy players since Willie Randolph and "my guy" Aaron heilman

Heilman was actually very good for a few years as a set-up guy (2005-07)...was by far and away one of the better set-up men in the majors for that stretch...unfortunately, he had a way of blowing up in memorable spots, and just like Carlos Beltran, as far as many Mets fans go, he'll be remembered for failure in Game 7 of the 2006 NLCS.  Unfortunately, due to that success, he got chance after chance to pull it together in 2008 (sabes guys will tell you that he really wasn't as bad as he performed that season, that he was unlucky, but I thought he blew), and then he never reached his 2005-07 heights again.

Anyway, my point in bringing this up is that I can understand why Randolph kept going to Heilman.  Not sure Gionta deserves the same amount of chances.    

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Harrold has been pretty good but that always gets ignored.  As for Gionta, he belongs in over Tedenby but not Josefson.

Harrold isn't bad, he's just not as good as Fayne, so I don't see any reason for him to be playing right now, unless Volch can't play on Friday. Even then I think Friday might be a good time to put Merril in, assuming his lacerations are just that, since it's only a 2 point game with it being against a WC opponent.

Harrold has been pretty good but that always gets ignored.  As for Gionta, he belongs in over Tedenby but not Josefson.

It does. Harrold has impressed me since he returned to the lineup. I thought he was struggling for a bit earlier in the year. It wouldn't have been such an issue at the time if the Devils weren't scratching Fayne or Larsson.

yeah I believe that is his 3rd NHL goal

Larsson has 2 ...just sayin

as was noted in another thread kurtis foster had a two goal game quickly after becoming a devil so he must have been a legend no?

I understand what you were getting at but it's a little silly to look at offensive statistics for young defensemen to determine their worth.

Urbom can go on to score twice as many goals as Larsson does in their careers but Larsson will still probably be the better overall player.