2013-2014 Lineup/Roster Thread

devilsrule33

I doubt it.  First of all who is giving anything huge up for Larsson?  Second when have the Devils ever given up a guy like Larsson?  It's not like NJ is loaded with young D already in the NHL AND have all these prospects coming - the rest of their D who aren't Larsson, Gelinas, or Merrill are probably an average of 33 years old.

You still have Severson Santini and even Scarlett all proving their worth. I believe Edmonton is stupid enough to trade Yakupov for Larsson. There are only so many minutes to go around.

New Jersey are pretty bare up front. I'd rather trade him for a center but pure goal scorers are hard to come across as well.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac

You still have Severson Santini and even Scarlett all proving their worth. I believe Edmonton is stupid enough to trade Yakupov for Larsson.

I don't think the Devils would do that.  At least, I wouldn't do that if I were the Devils.  I think Yakupov is going to be a very good player (I'm not convinced he'll be a dominant player), but he would have the Devils over a barrel when it comes to contract negotiations.  Don't like being in that position.  If he were signed long-term then I'd do it.

Larsson for Yak would be a historically bad move. The kid has major attitude problems and problems with the coach up in Edmonton.

He's a floater, how do you think he'd respond to PDB forcing him to play D?

He'd be in the KHL in 2 years, tops.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Larsson for Yak would be a historically bad move. The kid has major attitude problems and problems with the coach up in Edmonton.

He's a floater, how do you think he'd respond to PDB forcing him to play D?

He'd be in the KHL in 2 years, tops.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I agree...id rather keep Larsson.

Let's not go super-bananas over our sudden depth at D and do something silly like, oh, trade the one who's probably the best of the bunch. You have Gelinas who has had a good few months, Merrill has had 2-3 good games and the rest? Albany and junior players. 

But hey let's trade Jagr too because we've got Boucher looking good in the minors.

Let's not go super-bananas over our sudden depth at D and do something silly like, oh, trade the one who's probably the best of the bunch. You have Gelinas who has had a good few months, Merrill has had 2-3 good games and the rest? Albany and junior players. 

But hey let's trade Jagr too because we've got Boucher looking good in the minors.

These prospects are not just junior players, one is among the top defensmen in the CHL and almost certain to play a large role for Team Canada and the other could be the best defensmen on team USA at the age of 18. If Larsson can get us a top line player for the next 8 years then yes I would trade him.

How many times have you seen a quote like this out of PD.

“I though Jon played a hell of a game,” DeBoer said. “We’ll go over some teaching points with him as we go forward, but I thought he gave us a great game tonight. He was very reliable, safe, moved pucks, created some offense. I thought he was very good.”

He did all this on his offside as a first year pro. This kid will be better than Larsson if he isn't already.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac

These prospects are not just junior players, one is among the top defensmen in the CHL and almost certain to play a large role for Team Canada and the other could be the best defensmen on team USA at the age of 18. If Larsson can get us a top line player for the next 8 years then yes I would trade him.

While I'm as optimistic as the next guy regarding our prospects and farm system, they are just that. Bigger prospects and more touted ones have failed to blossom and they aren't in the bigs yet.

Edit: as for the quote, PDB hates Swedes. We all know that.

Edited by Marshall

Here's a few D men Lou has traded in the past, many of them young and expected to be a part of the teams future, others were just good reliable D men. I remember when these guys were traded, many fans were like.. why the hell did he trade that guy.

David HaleMike Commodore. Willie Mitchell, Brad Bombardir, Sheldon Souray, Jason Smith, Cale Hulse, Tommy Albelin, Eric Weinrich, Craig Wolanin, Tom Kurvers, Joe Cirella, 

While I'm as optimistic as the next guy regarding our prospects and farm system, they are just that. Bigger prospects and more touted ones have failed to blossom and they aren't in the bigs yet.

Edit: as for the quote, PDB hates Swedes. We all know that.

These guys aren't the types to completely fall off the map, they will play in the NHL in some role. Both are big mobile, physical defenders that excel on the PK. Severson is Salvador type physical while Santini is more in the Stevens mold.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac

Here's a few D men Lou has traded in the past, many of them young and expected to be a part of the teams future, others were just good reliable D men. I remember when these guys were traded, many fans were like.. why the hell did he trade that guy.

David HaleMike Commodore. Willie Mitchell, Brad Bombardir, Sheldon Souray, Jason Smith, Cale Hulse, Tommy Albelin, Eric Weinrich, Craig Wolanin, Tom Kurvers, Joe Cirella, 

It's not a matter of what we think.  It's what Lou thinks.  If Lou thinks a dman is gonna be a franchise dman, he won't trade them unless it's a massive overpayment.

Like Tri said, I don't think others value Larsson quite as highly as we do. I think he's pretty much guaranteed to be a top pairing guy, but he hasn't shown AS MUCH as guys like Brodin and Hamilton.

Larsson, Gelinas and Merrill are all going to be at least decent NHLers. 

Severson is about as close to a slam dunk as there is

Santini is having a fantastic start

Scarlett and Helgeson are playing very well in Albany.

Devils certainly have an embarrassment of riches on defense, but I think it'd be a mistake to give up on one of the three guys in the NHL ATM.  I love Severson and he could certainly end up the best of the bunch, but I would move him before Larsson, Gelinas and Merrill. I wish we could keep them all, but there is no way NJ doesn't do a lateral move for help up front

Like Tri said, I don't think others value Larsson quite as highly as we do. I think he's pretty much guaranteed to be a top pairing guy, but he hasn't shown AS MUCH as guys like Brodin and Hamilton.

Larsson, Gelinas and Merrill are all going to be at least decent NHLers. 

Severson is about as close to a slam dunk as there is

Santini is having a fantastic start

Scarlett and Helgeson are playing very well in Albany.

Devils certainly have an embarrassment of riches on defense, but I think it'd be a mistake to give up on one of the three guys in the NHL ATM.  I love Severson and he could certainly end up the best of the bunch, but I would move him before Larsson, Gelinas and Merrill. I wish we could keep them all, but there is no way NJ doesn't do a lateral move for help up front

That could include Lou Lams, maybe he see's the development of our other young D men and would consider moving Larsson  IF  the right deal was in place

Greene, Larsson, Merrill, and Gelinas have the potential to be a great defensive corp.  But I'm getting ahead of myself there.   I want to include Fayne in that group as well, but we all know how Pete treats him.

out of greene larsson and gelinas, fayne is the weakest link i think.. i cant say merrill he hasnt been around here long enough and is too new i hope the first three i mentioned get resigned i would hate to see andy greene not be with us any more hes defiently a top D man for us right and i know is contract is up soon

out of greene larsson and gelinas, fayne is the weakest link i think.. i cant say merrill he hasnt been around here long enough and is too new i hope the first three i mentioned get resigned i would hate to see andy greene not be with us any more hes defiently a top D man for us right and i know is contract is up soon

Greene is from Michigan, maybe Lou can work out a deal with the Wings, send Brunner back with Andy!

Greene is from Michigan, maybe Lou can work out a deal with the Wings, send Brunner back with Andy!

lol they sure could have brunner back but the way hes been i dont think we would really be able to move him... who would want him hes been useless.. and greene i really wouldnt be willing to part with .. they can have zids lol

lol they sure could have brunner back but the way hes been i dont think we would really be able to move him... who would want him hes been useless.. and greene i really wouldnt be willing to part with .. they can have zids lol

yeah Zids and Fayne are UFA after this season...I could see Lou trading one them this season

yeah Zids and Fayne are UFA after this season...I could see Lou trading one them this season

you think zid would gain any interest though? i like zid but he could definently be on the list of people who i wouldnt mind moving.. sometimes i would like to see how he would be as a forward he produces a lot of offense for a Dman but at the same time he creates a lot of mistakes that could potentialy cost us at times