2013-2014 Lineup/Roster Thread

devilsrule33

since were speaking of trading people back and forth here... there was a thread over on HF from a leaf fan asking us to take clarkson back LOL... i guess theyre all starting to realize that he actually did get paid just a tad bit more then what he was worth huh even thought i loved him when he was here i still agreed he would not be able to live up to that contract that he got over there

since were speaking of trading people back and forth here... there was a thread over on HF from a leaf fan asking us to take clarkson back LOL... i guess theyre all starting to realize that he actually did get paid just a tad bit more then what he was worth huh even thought i loved him when he was here i still agreed he would not be able to live up to that contract that he got over there

I saw that Clarkson thread lol, yeah I liked Clarky and wish we still had him, they definitely gave him twice his worth though, 

im sure the lack of quality FA's had to do with that as well this past off season.

yeah that's what worries me about our team, we need scoring, and if there's only a few good scorers available, they will hit the jackpot and have their choice of where they want to play...thats bad news for the Devils

These guys aren't the types to completely fall off the map, they will play in the NHL in some role. Both are big mobile, physical defenders that excel on the PK. Severson is Salvador type physical while Santini is more in the Stevens mold.

I'd question that about Santini, but yeah, Severson is obviously an NHL player in the future.  My point would be this:

Gelinas and Larsson are the only two waiver eligible D of the group you named next year.  They've made the team, so there's no danger of losing them to waivers.  Merrill still has at least 2 years of waiver eligibility.  Severson has 3.  Scarlett has 2 after this one.  Helgeson has 2 after this year.  Santini could potentially have 6.  These decisions don't need to be made this year.

out of greene larsson and gelinas, fayne is the weakest link i think.. i cant say merrill he hasnt been around here long enough and is too new i hope the first three i mentioned get resigned i would hate to see andy greene not be with us any more hes defiently a top D man for us right and i know is contract is up soon

Yea Fayne is the weakest link, but it doesn't mean he isn't good.  Any team that has Mark Fayne as their bottom paring guy is in good shape.

Greene is from Michigan, maybe Lou can work out a deal with the Wings, send Brunner back with Andy!

Why would any Devils fan want to trade Greene?

My main concern with this is that Pete and Lou will mess it up once Salvador comes back. I'm terrified by the thought of him logging 22 minutes vs top competition again. And then throw Harrold in there as well...

Me too.  It should be this......

Greene

Fayne

Gelinas

Larsson

ONE OF Salvador, Volchenkov, or Merill

Zidlicky

Read the thread Mike before inserting foot in mouth

You said this.

"Greene is from Michigan, maybe Lou can work out a deal with the Wings, send Brunner back with Andy!"

How else am I supposed to interpret that?  It definitely sounded like you were willing to give them Greene in order to simply part ways with Brunner.

Edited by Mike Brown

IMO after the reports out of Edmonton earlier this year the oilers would be selling low on yakopov and would be lucky to get Larsson.

I'm not against moving Adam, but it has to be for a can't miss forward who will fit the devils system and stay for a while, and Yakopov is not necessarily that... If however they were willing to move RNH, hall or Eberle id be more open to it (and would add for hall or RNH.)

You said this.

"Greene is from Michigan, maybe Lou can work out a deal with the Wings, send Brunner back with Andy!"

How else am I supposed to interpret that?  It definitely sounded like you were willing to give them Greene in order to simply part ways with Brunner.

Did you have your sense of humor/sarcasm surgically removed or something? Jeez dude. That couldn't have more obviously been a joke.

Edited by PWW

I think we all can agree on that Larsson will only get better. So why trade him now, when we don't have to (as Tri pointed out...). If you want to trade him, wait until his value goes up, because I can assure you it's not very high right now. 

As for Merrill...yeah, he's looked good. Against a mediocre Carolina team and Buffalo. Buffalo, people. Buffalo.

You still have Severson Santini and even Scarlett all proving their worth. I believe Edmonton is stupid enough to trade Yakupov for Larsson. There are only so many minutes to go around.

New Jersey are pretty bare up front. I'd rather trade him for a center but pure goal scorers are hard to come across as well.

MacTavish has said publicly that Edmonton's first rounder is available. It looks like they'll trade that before Yakupov.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really really like Pete the coach. But I can't stand the lineup decisions. Sestito gets called up and is in. So is Janssen. Tedenby is the extra. 

The Habs are one of the fastest teams in the league. Absolutely no need for Janssen tonight.

Deboer seems to adhere to any roster moves Lou makes. If someone is called up, he gets in the lineup. 

I really really like Pete the coach. But I can't stand the lineup decisions. Sestito gets called up and is in. So is Janssen. Tedenby is the extra.

The Habs are one of the fastest teams in the league. Absolutely no need for Janssen tonight.

Deboer seems to adhere to any roster moves Lou makes. If someone is called up, he gets in the lineup.

none of teddy Janssen or sestito will or would get significant playing time.

Excluding jj since he will be shifted around and play the pk, for the 5 mins that the 4th line will be on the ice does it really make that much of a difference if it's teddy, sestito or Janssen?

They wouldn't've called anyone up or IR'd Larsson.  Unfortunately it's learning the wrong lesson with the roster, but now it's on Lou - we saw 2 periods of Tedenby-Josefson-Janssen to see that Janssen cannot possibly exist on such a line.

I just wish the Devils had better players to call up for a short time than Tedenby, because Tedenby is straight up not good.

Would you do Larsson for Edmonton's 1st?

No.  This draft is not that great (or at least that's what the consensus seems to be), and there's still time for Edmonton to go on a run to at least take that pick out of the top five.  I would have traded Larsson for one of the top five picks last year. 

No.  This draft is not that great (or at least that's what the consensus seems to be), and there's still time for Edmonton to go on a run to at least take that pick out of the top five.  I would have traded Larsson for one of the top five picks last year. 

McKinnon, Drouin, Jones, Lindholm, Barkov but no Schneider.

Marty/Kinkaid in net.

Marty retires.

Kinkaid and stopgap after that.

Ehhh. Maybe. Depending after spot we would have gotten. However, IMO I think Larsson and 9th would have bagged us McKinnon in a heartbeat.

McKinnon, Drouin, Jones, Lindholm, Barkov but no Schneider.

Marty/Kinkaid in net.

Marty retires.

Kinkaid and stopgap after that.

Ehhh. Maybe. Depending after spot we would have gotten. However, IMO I think Larsson and 9th would have bagged us McKinnon in a heartbeat.

Not a chance in my opinion. 

Edited by devilsrule33