2013-2014 Lineup/Roster Thread

devilsrule33

^^ I'm not very enthused by the idea of being a one-dimensional team like that.

I don't necessarily disagree, but as long as Pete is the coach we need to find players who fit the system instead of force feeding guys in. Even kovy never really fit, although he bought in enough to contribute to a cup final appearance.

Nowhere to really put this and not thread worthy, but Tim Sestito has gone 74 games over parts of 6 seasons without ever scoring an NHL goal. He has 20 career penalty minutes. I wonder if any NHL forward, who wasn't a "tough" guy has played more games to start a career without scoring a goal. What's an amount of penalty minutes that eliminates a Cam Janssen type forward? I don't know...

For the record, it took Cam Janssen 82 games to score an NHL goal.

“I’ve always had a lot of time for Cam,” DeBoer said. “Last year, he didn’t get much of an opportunity because of injuries and, with the shortened schedule, we were in must-win games pretty early in the season. - See more at: http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/comments/sestito_trying_to_make_most_of_latest_chance_deboer_devils_better_with_janssen_in_lineup/#sthash.W6KJWofy.dpuf

I don't expect Cam to sit, but this really speaks volumes.

See that quote pisses me off.  In my mind, a lot of these early games are must-wins if they want to be even remotely relevant come April.

And great, Salvador's return means bye bye to Merril, I'd imagine.  And I thought he looked just fine up here.  Would rather see him than Salvador.

^ Depends on how Volchenkov is doing. Even if Merrill is sent down (which he probably wont be), the style of play by Sal/Volch leads to injuries eventually. 

While I like Merrill he is not as essential to this team as Gelinas and I can live with him being in the minors until another injury pops up...which it will.

Lou needs to find trading partners for 2 of our defensemen.  9 defensemen is just not gonna work, and there are several teams who could use help on their blueline.  Edmonton, New York Islanders, Ottawa, and Toronto all could use some defensive help.

Greene, Larsson, Gelinas, and Merrill can be had for big overpayments (impact players AND high draft picks).  In other words, these guys are untouchable.

Zidlicky, Fayne, and Salvador can be had for fair value (draft picks or prospects).  These are the most likely guys to be traded, and have legit trade value.

Volchenkov and Harrold can be had for free (waivers or buyout).  These guys have virtually no trade value either due to bad contracts (Volchenkov), or is just not a good hockey player (Harrold).

There is zero reason for salvador to replace anyone on the roster, except maybe volch. I dont wanna see fayne scratched or merril sent down, or else I'll probably stop watching this season. PDB is either to stupid to see the right players to play, or to spineless to tell the vets their going to sit, I'm totally fvcking sick of it.

There is zero reason for salvador to replace anyone on the roster, except maybe volch. I dont wanna see fayne scratched or merril sent down, or else I'll probably stop watching this season. PDB is either to stupid to see the right players to play, or to spineless to tell the vets their going to sit, I'm totally fvcking sick of it.

Yeah if they send Merrill down or scratch Fayne for Sal, that'll piss me off. So I'm preparing to be pissed off because one of those two things is probably gonna happen (unless Lou swings a trade... Lmao, yeah right).