2013-2014 Lineup/Roster Thread

devilsrule33

cant wait for him to get back im sick of watching merrils mistakes constantly

LOL at expecting a rookie to be perfect. Making mistakes is how guys learn. Also, he really hasn't made many big ones.

i never said i expected him to be perfect... gelinas is a rookie as well and hes much sharper then merril LOL

You're comparing a guy with 160 games of pro experience to one with 40. Merrill has done really well for a guy who is still getting used to life outside of college hockey and he really hasn't looked straight up overmatched aside from yesterday's Pittsburgh game.

You're comparing a guy with 160 games of pro experience to one with 40. Merrill has done really well for a guy who is still getting used to life outside of college hockey and he really hasn't looked straight up overmatched aside from yesterday's Pittsburgh game.

ive watched him make plenty of mistakes besides just the ones he made in yesterdays game.. just saying id much rather have larsson in then him right now

ive watched him make plenty of mistakes besides just the ones he made in yesterdays game.. just saying id much rather have larsson in then him right now

No disagreement on wanting Larsson back ASAP. Merrill still needs some work in the AHL, but the fact that he's already serviceable in the NHL makes me excited for the future.

Edited by PWW

No disagreement on wanting Larsson back ASAP. Merrill still needs some work in the AHL, but the fact that he's already serviceable in the NHL makes me excited for the future.

im sure once he gets a little more experience under his belt he will be quite clutch.. i just feel that the team cant have anyone making bs mistakes that are going to cost goals especially when they struggle so hard most of the time just to get a couple goals up on the board themselves.. they need to buckle down now with the season almost half way over here

Looks like Gionta has Sestito's spot in the lineup. No surprise at all, but wondering if anyone else agrees that Sestito was playing a lot better than Gionta at any point this season? Better 4th line shifts and much better penalty killer, in my opinion.

Eh, there's not much difference between them to my eye. I'd much prefer if JJ gets in over both of them once Carter is back, unless keeping Gio means losing Cam.

Do you think they carry 8 defensemen if/when everyone is healthy? Because realistically here is how I see the 23 man roster:

Forwards:

Dainius Zubrus – Travis Zajac- Jaromir Jagr

Adam Henrique – Patrik Elias – Damien Brunner

Ryane Clowe - Andrei Loktionov – Michael Ryder

Ryan Carter – Stephen Gionta – Steve Bernier

Extra: Jacob Josefson

Defensemen:

Andy Greene – Mark Fayne

Marek Zidlicky – Bryce Salvador

Adam Larsson – Eric Gelinas

Extras: Anton Volchenkov – Peter Harrold

Goalies:

Martin Brodeur

Cory Schneider

I have a hard time to seeing the Devils put Harrold on waivers, which makes it a good possibility they carry 8 defensemen. What do y'all think?

Why would gionta start over yayo. Oh right, PDB is our coach.

Also I think i'd rather see greene with salvador, because salvador is imo a giant liability and andy greene can make up for his suck.

A pairing of zids and salavador sounds like a giant disaster.

Do you think they carry 8 defensemen if/when everyone is healthy? Because realistically here is how I see the 23 man roster:

Forwards:

Dainius Zubrus – Travis Zajac- Jaromir Jagr

Adam Henrique – Patrik Elias – Damien Brunner

Ryane Clowe - Andrei Loktionov – Michael Ryder

Ryan Carter – Stephen Gionta – Steve Bernier

Extra: Jacob Josefson

Defensemen:

Andy Greene – Mark Fayne

Marek Zidlicky – Bryce Salvador

Adam Larsson – Eric Gelinas

Extras: Anton Volchenkov – Peter Harrold

Goalies:

Martin Brodeur

Cory Schneider

I have a hard time to seeing the Devils put Harrold on waivers, which makes it a good possibility they carry 8 defensemen. What do y'all think?

the key to your post is the "if/when healthy" part. The reality is that it's very unlikely we have a full compliment of healthy players at any one time.

But to answer your question, I don't think Lou will have a problem carrying 8 defensemen for short stints, but he will likely either move one (fayne most likely), or stash one on IR if need be with some "lingering" injury.

the key to your post is the "if/when healthy" part. The reality is that it's very unlikely we have a full compliment of healthy players at any one time.

But to answer your question, I don't think Lou will have a problem carrying 8 defensemen for short stints, but he will likely either move one (fayne most likely), or stash one on IR if need be with some "lingering" injury.

yeah it's likely everyone won't be healthy, but I like to speculate.

yeah it's likely everyone won't be healthy, but I like to speculate.

lol I agree it's always fun to try to stack up your best lineup.

I just hope clowe and Larsson can come back and contribute. If that happens and we don't suffer any other major injuries we have a good shot at the playoffs.

I'd really like to see Merrill with Greene.  I don't want Merrill's offensive ability to be limited by pairing him with Volchenkov.  Greene is a good passer, and Merrill can unleash the one timer more often with Greene than with Volchenkov.

Greene - Merrill

Gelinas - Zidlicky

Volchenkov - Fayne