2013-2014 Lineup/Roster Thread

devilsrule33

When we're 100% healthy, this is the lineup I wanna see.

Zubrus - Zajac - Jagr

Clowe - Henrique - Ryder

Boucher - Elias - Brunner

Carter - Gionta - Bernier

Greene - Fayne

Gelinas - Larsson

Volchenkov - Zidlicky

Schneider

Brodeur

volchenkov won't play the left side.

When we're 100% healthy, this is the lineup I wanna see.

Zubrus - Zajac - Jagr

Clowe - Henrique - Ryder

Boucher - Elias - Brunner

Carter - Gionta - Bernier

Greene - Fayne

Gelinas - Larsson

Volchenkov - Zidlicky

Schneider

Brodeur

I don't think this team will ever be healthy.

um, yes he does. all the time. he's a LH defender. he plays left side more often than right (but he is the one guy they're comfortable playing either)

in mike's hypothetical, everyone is healthy. I think volchenkov will be behind Greene Merrill gelinas and Salvador as lhd. My point was not that volchenkov doesn't or can't play the left side, it was that if everyone is healthy he would play the right side because, like you said, they trust him in the right side.

On a side note- everyone is hating in the 7 defenseman thing but since Pete has gone to it we've been winning, and he went away from it against the leafs and we lose.

I don't think we're going to be going back to 6 defensemen anytime soon...

Edited by dmann422

per TG "The NHL sent out a memo to all of its teams prior to this season informing them that any player who plays in 15 of the team’s final 20 game before the Olympic break will not be eligible to be sent to the AHL during that layoff."

11 games until the break, so we are 9 games in to that window. Off the top of my head Gelinas has played in 6 of those 9. Would be interesting to watch to see if Gelinas is held out of a few more games in order for him to play in the AHL during the break. Same thing goes for Merrill (held out of at least 1 of the last 9). I imagine Lou may want Merrill, Gelinas, and Larsson all continuing to play in the AHL over the Olympic break...Just something to keep in mind when looking at the lineups over the next 11 games.

per TG "The NHL sent out a memo to all of its teams prior to this season informing them that any player who plays in 15 of the team’s final 20 game before the Olympic break will not be eligible to be sent to the AHL during that layoff."

11 games until the break, so we are 9 games in to that window. Off the top of my head Gelinas has played in 6 of those 9. Would be interesting to watch to see if Gelinas is held out of a few more games in order for him to play in the AHL during the break. Same thing goes for Merrill (held out of at least 1 of the last 9). I imagine Lou may want Merrill, Gelinas, and Larsson all continuing to play in the AHL over the Olympic break...Just something to keep in mind when looking at the lineups over the next 11 games.

Yeah, I think that's what they're going to do - I'm more curious about Boucher and Sislo.  I think we may get Tedenby back up and one of those down pretty soon.  But yeah I could easily see them managing to get all their young guys down into the minors for the break.  

Rich Chere ‏@Ledger_NJDevils

Patrik Elias after first practice back with Devils: "I'm obviously the highest-paid fourth liner in the league."

Honestly, I'd just move the current 3rd line down to the 4th line, and put Patty on the 3rd line in between Boosh and Sislo.  Sislo has shown the ability to score in the AHL, so I don't think he'll bring down Elias a whole lot.  It's time to see what Boosh and Sislo can really do instead of sheltering them on the 4th line.

Edited by Mike Brown

Honestly, I'd just move the current 3rd line down to the 4th line, and put Patty on the 3rd line in between Boosh and Sislo.  Sislo has shown the ability to score in the AHL, so I don't think he'll bring down Elias a whole lot.  It's time to see what Boosh and Sislo can really do instead of sheltering them on the 4th line.

Yes...I'm not overly excited by Gionta playing 17.5 minutes.

Yeah, I think that's what they're going to do - I'm more curious about Boucher and Sislo.  I think we may get Tedenby back up and one of those down pretty soon.  But yeah I could easily see them managing to get all their young guys down into the minors for the break.  

Rather than Tedenby getting called up, I think it's more likely Elias comes back and Sislo gets sent down or sits and then Brunner comes back and Boucher gets sent down or sits.

Yes...I'm not overly excited by Gionta playing 17.5 minutes.

I'm a gionta supporter and I agree, but to be fair it was only 14.5 even strength, and when you're playing 7 defensemen some guys are gonna get higher than average toi.

Plus when we have a 2 goal lead Pete is going to trust giontas line before double shifting someone with Boucher and sislo.

Rather than Tedenby getting called up, I think it's more likely Elias comes back and Sislo gets sent down or sits and then Brunner comes back and Boucher gets sent down or sits.

this is what iam hoping for.. so we can get back to a national hockey league roster again.. but by the time they both get back im sure someone else will go down.. just the way it seems to work around here

this is what iam hoping for.. so we can get back to a national hockey league roster again.. but by the time they both get back im sure someone else will go down.. just the way it seems to work around here

true, but there aren't many players as valuable to the team as patty is. I would say right now only zajac jagr and Greene would be bigger losses than patty has been.

Luckily we've been pretty good while he's been out but IMO if somebody like clowe goes down again even though he's playing well right now it doesn't hurt the team as much as losing one of those big 4.

true, but there aren't many players as valuable to the team as patty is. I would say right now only zajac jagr and Greene would be bigger losses than patty has been.

Luckily we've been pretty good while he's been out but IMO if somebody like clowe goes down again even though he's playing well right now it doesn't hurt the team as much as losing one of those big 4.

agreed about clowe.. while his presence lately has been great and helpful we survived over 30 games with out him

Not looking forward to the forward lines tonight. Going with 11 forwards, but Elias is back. No clue how Pete cleans up this mess he left for himself.

Since there is no way Elias joins Boucher as one of the extra forwards...does he reunite the Bernier-Elias-Gionta line? And dump Carter with Boucher and a rotating gang?

What a waste. 

Not looking forward to the forward lines tonight. Going with 11 forwards, but Elias is back. No clue how Pete cleans up this mess he left for himself.

Since there is no way Elias joins Boucher as one of the extra forwards...does he reunite the Bernier-Elias-Gionta line? And dump Carter with Boucher and a rotating gang?

What a waste. 

Why is there no way that this happens?  I think it's the most likely thing that happens - and that Elias gets his normal time on the PP and short-handed, and that they'll ease him back in with less than 15 minutes of ice time.  And like MacIsaac said in the other thread, maybe Gelinas plays as that line's RW.

Edited by Triumph