2013-2014 Lineup/Roster Thread

devilsrule33

exactly.. and not that i want to see larsson traded but if he is going to just be left in albany to rot away anyway id rather even have him traded if it is going to get us back a decent return that is going to help us up front.

If Larsson isn't called back up after this trip, I may lose my sh!t.

would you rather have him up over either gelinas or merrill.. because if he comes up you know its going to be one of the other two that are going back down.. i want gelinas to stay up here with that shot he has we need that.. merrill i wouldnt mind seeing him go back down for now

would you rather have him up over either gelinas or merrill.. because if he comes up you know its going to be one of the other two that are going back down.. i want gelinas to stay up here with that shot he has we need that.. merrill i wouldnt mind seeing him go back down for now

I agree with you- if anyone is sent down, it should be Merrill (of course in a perfect world, Salvador is moved out of here for anything we could get. I'd take a conditional 7th in 2045, I don't care). Merrill will be a very good NHL defenseman one day, but he has work to do. I'd be fine with a Merrill for Larsson swap.

Merrill belongs here more than Gelinas, goals aside.

i know a lot of people feel this way.. but we needs gelinas offensive game hes more lethal then merrill in that aspect.. besides merrill makes plenty of mistakes himself i dont think one or the other is really much further ahead in the game

We kinda do have the tukka and Thomas problem. Because Thomas isn't great either.

Um yes he is.  And he was when he was with Boston.

i know a lot of people feel this way.. but we needs gelinas offensive game hes more lethal then merrill in that aspect.. besides merrill makes plenty of mistakes himself i dont think one or the other is really much further ahead in the game

Hey we agree on this!  I knew there was a reason I liked you.

Um that was then. I mean with Florida. He's not great no more like he was with Boston

He's been very good in Florida.  Especially in his last 10 games.  

BTW, you said we had a Rask and Thomas situation.  We don't have one because Thomas was great in Boston as was Rask.

Thomas's season numbers are nothing but average. And I wasn't comparing them from the past, comparing them to now. Thomas isn't great. Schneider and Rask are. Broduer is below aver age but Thomas sure as hell hasn't been great. He's been okay. But that's it.

Except Thomas and Rask were teammates when Rask and Thomas were both great.

And Thomas has a SV% north of .935 in his past 10-15 games.  His overall SV% is also above league average.

Larsson is probably in the minors now so he can play in the AHL during the Olympic break.  I don't think they'll get the chance to do this with all 3 defensemen who are eligible, but they very well may do it with 2.

Yet Marty has a better gaa then him.

Rask from 2009-2012: .927 SV% and 2.19 GAA

Thomas from 2009-2012: .926 SV% and 2.28 GAA

Brodeur this year: .905 SV% and 2.36 GAA

Schneider this year: .924 SV% and 1.91 GAA

So yea, how do we have the same goalie situation as Boston did?

I'm talking one year. This year. Drop that. This year Marty has a better gaa then thomas? Thomas has faired well for what he has but he hasn't been great. Corey only has a better gaa this year then rask. I'm talking this year. For like the third time.

But Rask isn't on the Panthers.

I'm talking solo man. Schnieder this year and Rask are very similar with the edge to Rask. Outside of Thomas's horrendous GAA he has the edge over Marty. But as whole this year Thomas has been average so far. And which was expected of him.

The league average SV% is .914, and the league average GAA is 2.54.  Thomas has a .917 SV% and a 2.56 GAA.  But his numbers are greatly misleading.  He got off to a slow start.  Missing a whole year, and playing for a bad team should lead you to believe why.  He's posted a .920 or better SV% in 17 of his 28 games.  And of those 11 games he didn't. most were in the beginning of the season when he was still rusty.

Its actually 2.58 GAA. And that's 28th in the league. Average.

How is 28th in a 30-team league average for a guy who's played the majority of games as opposed to a backup that has out of whack numbers because of one game?  Especially bearing in mind not all backups qualify for GAA.