2013-2014 Lineup/Roster Thread

devilsrule33

Man, I thought I'd want Marty to be a Devil forever. Now I can't wait for him to go away.

Clowe has actually been pretty productive: 17 pts in 31 games.

agreed ive been surprised by his production since hes been healthy i hope he can continue to contribute.. unlike ryder and brunner who have become ghosts .. we need consistency from everyone

holy sh!t if brodeur is supposed to play in the playoffs, we might have to form a human chain around the rock and not let him in 

Come gather round, children,

It's high time ye learned

'Bout a hero named Cory

And a devil named Lou

We'll march 'till we drop

The girls and the fellas.

We'll fight 'till the death

Or else fold like umbrellas.

So we'll march day and night

By the Prudential tower.

Lou has his "son"

But we have the power (not really)

.884 save% for Marty in his last 16 starts.  3+ goals allowed in 10 of those games.

.937 save% for Cory in his last 16 starts.  3+ goals allowed in 2 of those games.

WHAT THE fvck ARE YOU WATCHING PDB AND LOU?! 

Maybe simple friggin' logic will dare to rear its ugly head, but I can't believe Pete "I don't care about save%" DeBoer is that incapable of noticing a chasm THAT wide.  God-DAMN I hope Pete and Lou will stop fawning over what Marty was, realize what Marty IS, and start making decisions for the good of everyone else on the roster not named Martin Brodeur. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Didn't know where to put this so I'll throw it here. Thanks to @zellenthal here is a comparison of the UFA D. Check out the player usage chart, Fayne's been a beast! 5th in CF% Rel, 3rd in CF%, t-9th in toughest zone starts, and t-5th in toughest QoC. Really hope they can re-sign him.

it's a shame, because i like fayne and think he won't get a big contract. but larsson needs to get in this lineup next year. while just not resigning zidlicky helps, they would still need to cut bait with volchenkov (quite possible) or salvador (no way we're that lucky) if fayne is retained.

Fayne would obviously be a great signing at double his current salary, but I hesitate to anoint him only because so much of his career has come with Greene or Tallinder.  I'm not sure if there's a player around who is used so oddly - plays on top pairing but doesn't play any special teams.

Was always a given Brodeur was going to start. There is the 3 wins in a row (very important to Pete), and he has had some very strong games against Philly (irrelevant, but something coaches always look at).

For everyone's sake, you now have to hope the Devils role with Brodeur because as long as they win, he will be starting.

Was always a given Brodeur was going to start. There is the 3 wins in a row (very important to Pete), and he has had some very strong games against Philly (irrelevant, but something coaches always look at).

For everyone's sake, you now have to hope the Devils role with Brodeur because as long as they win, he will be starting.

I knew it was coming and I still don't believe it. PDB's officially braindead. Did he not see the last Carolina goal? My grandma would've done better to stop that one

Edited by DH26

I can't exactly blame Pete here. Cory has struggled since the break, and the team does score a lot more for Marty. That said I hope the hero worshippers are happy now, we've wasted a first rounder for a guy who ain't even going to play most of the crucial games of the season.

I can't exactly blame Pete here. Cory has struggled since the break, and the team does score a lot more for Marty. That said I hope the hero worshippers are happy now, we've wasted a first rounder for a guy who ain't even going to play most of the crucial games of the season.

Marty's struggled since 2 years ago. So dumb. Not only the guy we gave up a first rounder for, but bar none the team's best player. So stupid

After the layoff DeBoer has basically reset everything from the season, so in this new season Brodeur has 3 wins and Schneider has 1.  NJ just has to score 4 goals and they'll at least get a point out of Tuesday's game - not that tall a task.

I take great pride in calling this from the start: Nothing Schneider has done mattered before the last two bad games. Nothing Brodeur did mattered before the last two bad games. Brodeur's last two bad games so much better than Schneider's last two bad games...obviously.

I think Gionta is still an elite checker. Considering 39.6% of his starts are in the defensive zone, his 44% Corsi doesn't look so bad. 

That said, short of Ryder or Brunner being moved, I don't think their is room for him. 

http://www.extraskater.com/players/dashboard?sort=cf_pct_rel&dir=reverse&players=454,171#player-usage-chart

However, 2/6 wouldn't be the end of the world.

After the layoff DeBoer has basically reset everything from the season, so in this new season Brodeur has 3 wins and Schneider has 1.  NJ just has to score 4 goals and they'll at least get a point out of Tuesday's game - not that tall a task.

The Devils are not going to keep scoring like the 86 Oilers forever. When that well runs dry we need something better than a POS in goal. Schneider needs to start vs Philly. They're a much better offensive team than Carolina.

The Devils are just pissing the game away. Will likely lose 5-2 or something

Edited by '7'