2013-2014 Lineup/Roster Thread

devilsrule33

How do you figure that? Marty "wants to play" and Cory is way better. I don't see Marty making a 180 and being a happy backup next year.

totally agree and he has already came out and said he wants to play again next year.. nothing will be different here with the goalie situation at all... obviously enless if he signs some where else but who knows i doubt that will happen

I certainly hope not. If next season the same is going on I will take a break from the Devil. BTW just so it is clear I blame Marty for all of this crap, 100%.

how could you blame marty for wanting to play the game? ... hes a player thats what they want to do play the game.. if your pissed about him getting time and possibly jacking up the whole "schneider transition" it should be management to blame not the player

And saying he isn't is a opinion as well.

There is empirical evidence to support his claim right now, Marty at his age is still clamoring for starter time, there is no indication that a switch will suddenly flip next year for him and he will be ok in a back up roll.

Totally different then making a blind assumption based on what you believe should happen.

Edited by Sneax

For all we may know his mind can change, at any time. We're not behind the curtains with him and Lou. What happened at the deadline might make him see no one is starting him for fourty plus games a year.

There is empirical evidence to support his claim right now, Marty at his age is still clamoring for starter time, there is no indication that a switch will suddenly flip next year for him and he will be ok in a back up roll.

Totally different then making a blind assumption based on what you believe should happen.

For all we may know his mind can change, at any time. We're not behind the curtains with him and Lou. What happened at the deadline might make him see no one is starting him for fourty plus games a year.

Nothing he has said this year indicates that he will take a backseat if he returns. That is pure speculation with no evidence to support it. Whereas Lucifer is observing how Marty has acted and making a call based on that.

It is far more likely if Marty returns that he continues to believe he is a starter then it is for him to go gracefully into the sun set. Meanwhile no one is starting him 40 games a year but we are going to at this rate.

Everything. Is speculation at this point. No one knows anything till it happens and should taking with a grain of salt.

Nothing he has said this year indicates that he will take a backseat if he returns. That is pure speculation with no evidence to support it. Whereas Lucifer is observing how Marty has acted and making a call based on that.

It is far more likely if Marty returns that he continues to believe he is a starter then it is for him to go gracefully into the sun set. Meanwhile no one is starting him 40 games a year but we are going to at this rate.

I would just enjoy a .925 streak of Brodeur to finish the season.

Who wouldn't?  But I'll take .910 or so.  At least it's not .898. 

If the team is just winning the games, that's fine with me. 

You and PDB share this mentality - and honestly at this point in the season, so do I.  I'm over worrying about Cory's opinions or his likelihood to stay here long term.  If there was damage to be done..it's already occurred.  At this point just play out the season with the 'winningest' goaltender, and bid Marty farewell over the summer.

Although I will say, if the Devils do manage to make the playoffs..oh man the goalie drama will be soap opera worthy.

Edited by Devilsfan118