2013-2014 Lineup/Roster Thread

devilsrule33

'Our fate is in our own hands. We’re certainly in a race and we have to just focus on what we can control. Yesterday is yesterday and today is today. Tomorrow is tomorrow and tomorrow happens to be the most important game at this point.' http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/comments/lamoriello_still_believes_devils_are_a_playoff_team_but_we_have_to_go_out_and_prove_it/

No Lou, our fate is NOT in our own hands- not when you're 7 points out and have to jump over 17 teams. I mean... Please with sh!t like that.

• Like 1

@TGfireandice: Devs' lines today: Ruutu-Zajac-Jagr; Henrique-Elias-Ryder; Clowe-Josefson-Zubrus; Sestito-Gionta-Brunner. Bernier is the extra.

@TGfireandice: So looks like Josefson will get a chance as the 3rd line center. Brunner dropped to 4th line. Bernier (no goals in 41 games) odd man out.

HALLELUJAH

Edited by Devs3cups

I feel horrible for Josefson. He doesn't deserve this at all. It's a shame that the Devils would keep him around as the 14th forward all year instead of giving him a shot or trying to get him through waivers. It's clear he has no future here but he deserves to get a chance somewhere else. I know that they can't be giving away the little forward depth they have, but I just feel for this kid.

Also, if they are going to make a call up, I would've rather have seen Sislo who is having a great year and can score (.412 G/GP). I get that they want a "4th line guy" in Sestito, but seriously, at least call up someone who is scoring goals.

Are there any other high draft picks in recent memory that sat a lot in their first couple of years with the main club that eventually went on to be good players?  I'm sure there are a few.

Also, it's somewhat encouraging that Josefson has remained on the Devils' roster.  You could tell the team had lost all confidence in Tedenby after banishing him to Albany.  You would think that if they felt the same way about Josefson, they would have done the same thing to him.  Also encouraging that Josefson has said that he's still committed to the NHL and doesn't have any plans to bolt to Sweden or the KHL after this season. 

Are there any other high draft picks in recent memory that sat a lot in their first couple of years with the main club that eventually went on to be good players?  I'm sure there are a few.

Also, it's somewhat encouraging that Josefson has remained on the Devils' roster.  You could tell the team had lost all confidence in Tedenby after banishing him to Albany.  You would think that if they felt the same way about Josefson, they would have done the same thing to him.  Also encouraging that Josefson has said that he's still committed to the NHL and doesn't have any plans to bolt to Sweden or the KHL after this season. 

I think it is imperative the Devils give him a really good look for the last 10+ games with non 4th line linemates. It starts tonight, and hopefully it continues. 

With Brunner getting scratched, I really hope Gelinas gets time on the first PP unit. If teams want to over-commit to Jagr and company down low, make them pay with Gelinas. Granted there doesn't seem to be anyone in that group that would want to stand in front and make life difficult for a goalie.

Many people on the boards believe that Josefson is done here, has no future here, etc.  I would be way more convinced of this if we still had Loktionov, but we don't, Zajac, Henrique/Elias, and Josefson are the future centers of the team IMO.   Yayo has a great chance to stick in this lineup, he just needs to impress tonight and play well on the 3rd line tonight.  I will be furious if DeBoer benches him at some point tonight, give him a chance.

I like the lineup changes made for tonight's game. I think Cory's ready for his bounce-back. I think Volchenkov's looked great the past few weeks (and playing super physical in every game it seems like). Bernier hasn't done diddly squat but be at the right place at the time but not know how to score on an empty net. Josefson might bring the speed and creativity that sparks Ryder. And although I was skeptical at first, Gelinas as the 7th D-man DOES make sense. I like the moves and am actually looking forward to tonight, for once.

Edited by DJ Eco

I wanted Bernier to come out of the lineup for awhile. But, the one person in the world that I wouldn't want him to come out for is probably Tim Sestito.

JJ I want to see if there is anything there in our last 14 games. Play him.

Edited by Neb00rs

marty for the rangers - sure, why not. cory let in a bad goal in a win where he otherwise played ok. swap out. just like they do when it happens to marty.

and yes, i know there's back to back and cory will almost certainly get toronto. but last week, pdb announced that before both FL/TB games. not today.

different strokes for different folks.

Marty's looked pretty good despite the last 2 losses. The defense during this last stretch (before the Minnesota game) was pitiful, in front of both goalies, absolutely terrible. Marty was otherwise pretty good, kept a few of those games alive with some big-time saves when we needed them. I'd say his and Cory's level of play are neck and neck past few weeks.

Besides the joke of a Yankee Stadium game, Marty is 2-0 against the Rags this season and looked spectacular in those games. Same situation going into the Flyers game last week, and DeBoer went with him and it worked out. Hope he maintains his form, all I can say at this point. Besides, Cory probably gets the Toronto game and I'll go further and say I think Toronto's better than the Rangers. Kessel and JVR are miles more dangerous in my opinion than anyone on the Rangers roster.

just hoping that you detected the immense sarcasm in my post and that's the train you're on.

No I did not, I thought it was reasonable in the "sure, why not." I'd rather have Cory go against the Rangers especially after Marty's last showing vs. them I don't think he deserves this game. However, the Debo does things Marty can be expected to play and it's not that big of a deal.

Toronto's a joke and the Rangers are Cup contenders.  But I've seen enough Brodeur and Hedberg performances against the Leafs the last two years where the Leafs score 2 goals on 11 shots.

I've thought that about Toronto for months now, but it gets to the point where their ability to squeeze out wins they have no business having (for MONTHS now) is in itself a dangerous trait for a team to have. I think that intangible is more dangerous than whatever the Rangers' offense will throw at us, just my opinion and nothing I can really prove.