2013-2014 Lineup/Roster Thread

devilsrule33

Merrill got some stitches but went home with the team. Didn't think this would be something he'd miss games over.

Could Larsson be recalled to replace Gionta? He also left the game on Saturday

And looks like Marty is starting!

well he was definitely getting one of these games since it's a 3 in 4. Not like Schneider has any idea how to beat the Panthers (or Luongo for that matter) though Schneider did play well Saturday night.

Thing thats funny about the whole goaltending situation is that Deboer knows Schneider is better.  I think its obvious at this point.  He has given CS the tougher matchups and seems to always use him on the second half of back to backs. I think Deboer is back next year because of his willingness to start Marty ~50% even if they nuked this year starting MB30 as much as they did

Lots of people here just refuse to see how obvious Pete's pattern is with starting goalies. He's been decently consistent all year, and anyone surprised that Marty is starting today needs to wake up. I'm not saying it's the right choice, but it is the choice, it's not the end of the world, and posters existing solely to pop out and berate Marty at every chance need to give it a rest.

Lots of people here just refuse to see how obvious Pete's pattern is with starting goalies. He's been decently consistent all year, and anyone surprised that Marty is starting today needs to wake up. I'm not saying it's the right choice, but it is the choice, it's not the end of the world, and posters existing solely to pop out and berate Marty at every chance need to give it a rest.

No one is shocked and quite frankly, Schneider shouldn't start back to backs because its been proven goalies dont play as well in them.  However, Marty shouldn't have gotten Phoenix if Deboer does indeed only care about wins

I didn't think it needed it's own thread so I'll put it in here- I think peter Harrold deserves some appreciation. The guy sat on the bench for months and has come in and given us quality minutes in all situations. I'm not saying he should be a full time guy getting 20 mins every night but he's done very well for us when given the opportunity, and I'm glad to have him.

I actually think Harrold has been poor the last two games. Poor positioning, some poor decisions, and some physical mistakes.

didn't see much of the isles game but the whole team stunk that one up something awful so I won't blame him much individually for that one but I'll agree to disagree.

I didn't think it needed it's own thread so I'll put it in here- I think peter Harrold deserves some appreciation. The guy sat on the bench for months and has come in and given us quality minutes in all situations. I'm not saying he should be a full time guy getting 20 mins every night but he's done very well for us when given the opportunity, and I'm glad to have him.

Yeah, he gets my appreciation for what he's give the team but that's where I draw the line.  We have too many defensemen, he is one of the "too many".  There are plenty of other Dmen in the A who can be a 7th Dman.  Alexander Urbom comes to mind and then there is the case of Adam Larsson.  I do feel that the time Larsson has spent in the A has benefit him as he has performed well while being in Albany.  Some guys in our D corps have to go to make room for the younger guys pushing the depth chart. 

In an unrelated note, Clowe is only DTD, thank god.

Yeah, he gets my appreciation for what he's give the team but that's where I draw the line. We have too many defensemen, he is one of the "too many". There are plenty of other Dmen in the A who can be a 7th Dman. Alexander Urbom comes to mind and then there is the case of Adam Larsson. I do feel that the time Larsson has spent in the A has benefit him as he has performed well while being in Albany. Some guys in our D corps have to go to make room for the younger guys pushing the depth chart.

I agree with some of this, I'm not trying to say Harrold is great but I'm just appreciative of the fact that he can not play for 3 months and then come in and perform adequately in the bottom pairing. Also I'm confident that he's better than urbom, and I don't hold it against him that Larsson was in the a, I'd rather Larsson playing in Albany than being the 7th d here.

Harrold IMO is showing why he is a great 7th defensman and I'd like to keep him around as just that.

Yeah, he gets my appreciation for what he's give the team but that's where I draw the line. We have too many defensemen, he is one of the "too many". There are plenty of other Dmen in the A who can be a 7th Dman. Alexander Urbom comes to mind and then there is the case of Adam Larsson. I do feel that the time Larsson has spent in the A has benefit him as he has performed well while being in Albany. Some guys in our D corps have to go to make room for the younger guys pushing the depth chart.

I don't buy I single thing the Devils say about injuries. Remember when Parise was DTD, how about Martin, Clowe the first time. I'm sure there's many more I'm forgetting
  • Like 1

It'd be the DeBoerest thing in the world if JJ was scratched.

did gionta travel with the team? If not the only way jj isn't playing is if Merrill is good to go and they roll 7 d.

Edit: I see sestito might be ready now... So there's that.

Edited by dmann422