2013-2014 Lineup/Roster Thread

devilsrule33

Lots of wishy washy hypotheticals there, but that section about Marty coming back is pretty telling, imo.

If Lou makes the mistake of bringing Marty back, you can probably say goodbye to any extension Cory might have otherwise signed.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Money talks.  The Devils can offer more of it than anyone else.  That definitely helps their cause greatly, especially if Cory's signed to 6+ years and Marty comes back on a one-year.

That being said, I will be absolutely furious if Marty's re-signed.  There's just no reason for it that can possibly make any sense, and negatives far outweigh the positives. 

And as for that interview...it's about what you'd expect...a lot of words and detailed answers that don't really amount to anything.  Basically, Liut's not ruling anything out, anything can happen.  Like you said, lots of wishy washy hypotheticals...basically the equivalent of GMs saying, "If there's a move that makes sense for our team, we'll explore it." 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Marty can't be re-signed. Even if he was willing to play less than 20 games (which he isn't). Who wants to see Marty ride the bench to end his career in NJ? He's run his course here, let him go somewhere else.

We have two #1 goalies - what team gives up on that situation willingly?

@TGfireandice: Apparently DeBoer didn't feel some players were giving their all today. Mentioned them having day off yesterday.

@TGfireandice: After he was done yelling, DeBoer left ice and slammed door on bench behind him.

Patty also practicing per TG.

@TGfireandice: While I was watching what was going on with Gelinas, Pete DeBoer just ripped the team concerning today's practice. I heard "It's a disgrace"

Self preservation for PDB. He knows they're a fingernail away from being eliminated so he wants to project to Lou that he still cares, he's still cracking the whip, nose to the grind, practice hard nomatter what. 

Self preservation for PDB. He knows they're a fingernail away from being eliminated so he wants to project to Lou that he still cares, he's still cracking the whip, nose to the grind, practice hard nomatter what. 

They had optional practices for what felt like the past friggen month. Little late to be calling them out on being lazy considering his approach to it seemed to facilitate it.

There's guys he's probably fed up with too...Ryder and Brunner for sure (he's scratched Brunner and has called them both out on their long scoring droughts).  Brunner has 2 goals and 8 points in his last 24 GP, Ryder has 1 goal and 8 assists in his last 33 GP.  When you look at the number of forwards that haven't produced lately (either through poor play or rotten luck), it's actually kind of amazing the Devils hung around as long as they have.    

There's guys he's probably fed up with too...Ryder and Brunner for sure (he's scratched Brunner and has called them both out on their long scoring droughts).  Brunner has 2 goals and 8 points in his last 24 GP, Ryder has 1 goal and 8 assists in his last 33 GP.  When you look at the number of forwards that haven't produced lately (either through poor play or rotten luck), it's actually kind of amazing the Devils hung around as long as they have.    

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Would've liked to hear about this after blowing 2 or 3 straight games in the last two minutes, not now when the season is all but over. Too little, too late.

So what are the chances we see Larsson and Boucher called up to play out the season?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

If people were going to be called up, they'd've been called up by now, I think.  But with Albany on the cusp of making the playoffs, they need all the help they can get down there.