GDT 7: Devils @ Senators aka first win of the season 730pm MSG+

ZeroGravityFat

Bad teams find ways to lose.  The Devils are just a bad team, period.  Yes Marty shouldn't be playing, he sure as shooting better not play Saturday.  That would give him three of the last four (non back-to-back) games which is asinine.  But you gotta score more than two on 41 shots, but hey another game we dominated CORSI/Fenwick...too bad we don't get points for that :P

Bad teams find ways to lose games. The Devils invent new ways to lose games almost nightly. Good teams teams do neither of these things. *in Bill Lumberg voice* So I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagreeee with you there.

Beat you to it by like five seconds lmao

You don't get unlucky when the same crap's been happening for 50 games in a row.  Unfortunately one more of these games and Pete might be on Monster.com by Monday.

I don't agree but respect your opinion. When you have scrubs playing regular minutes you have a terrible roster that's being exacerbated by a dipsh!t coach

Well when those scrubs are playing for actual good players, that IS all on the coach.  The whole idea coming in was to have Fayne and Josefson in on a regular basis.  You do that, you have a team with basically 2 second lines and two 3rd lines.  When Fayne is in, you basically have one true top defensive pairing and two second defensive pairings.

This suckage is ALL due to coaching.

you realize the Jets suck too, and that the team QUIT in a 1-0 game and left Schneider out to die, right?   People have short memories.   This team has problems, yeah, one of them is Marty but I'm sure he'll get a 3-4 game vacation off this one, so everyone will be able to see.

The Jets don't suck at all.  They have a solid blueline and some talent up front to go along with their good goaltenders.

Dissapointing is an understatement for this game. Especially since periods 2 and 3 we played the exact type of game we want to play - something that hasn't really happened yet this year. So as positives go, I still feel more confident in this offense eventually connecting.

No doubt this one is on Brodeur. I would argue all 4 goals were soft, but I'll give him the 3rd.

The Rangers game is going to be a tipping point imo - it could be the type of win that starts us on a roll, or a bad loss that could really heat up the DeBoar watch.

I mean... Im frustrated but i knew this would probably be the results for this year. I see that people are starting to realize how bad we overated our own players most of the time and cant see straight. But there we have it.

We lost the heart and soul of the team (according to pete) when zach left, we lost 3 30 goals scorers who were also really important on the PP and PK, lost an awesome if not one of the best d coach ever, our point guy on the PP has been replaced by zajac, our first line center could be a 3rd line center on many teams, our old and slow D is only becoming older and slower. We kept a 29th pick to draft a draft who was playing on a 3rd line in juniors and will likely forfeit a very good pick this year... We have absolutely no impact players...

I mean... What could we expect honestly? Its gonna take awhile to recover from this blow, but with the new management at least we have the funds now so thats good news.

We got an awesome goalie and we got a sweet deal for Brunner, who both could technically be gone in 2 years if they want. So for that we'll see.

Beat you to it by like five seconds lmao

You don't get unlucky when the same crap's been happening for 50 games in a row. Unfortunately one more of these games and Pete might be on Monster.com by Monday.

. Yeah I saw that after I posted lol. This team sucks, its hard to say otherwise right now. When losing follows you around like the odor in Jerry Seinfeld's car, you're not a good team. The Devils are not a good team. I would desperately like to believe they are. But they aren't. Lou better be getting the lawyers lined up to go after that first round pick (and before someone takes that literally, yeah I understand that aint gonna happen).

Well when those scrubs are playing for actual good players, that IS all on the coach.  The whole idea coming in was to have Fayne and Josefson in on a regular basis.  You do that, you have a team with basically 2 second lines and two 3rd lines.  When Fayne is in, you basically have one true top defensive pairing and two second defensive pairings.

The Jets don't suck at all.  They have a solid blueline and some talent up front to go along with their good goaltenders.

The Jets suck.   If they make the playoffs it'll only be because no one misses the playoffs in the West and two potential playoff teams moved east.

You're in denial right now.

Dude, seriously...the Jets have been a non-playoff team for years and there's no evidence they're going to be a playoff team this year unless they play us every game, because their speed skates circles around our old farts.

Holy sh!t is it gonna be a sh!t show if they don't win Saturday. It may get real ugly in the stands. They may want to bring in extra security for this one lol.

No one showed up to see an 0-1 team at the home opener, what makes you think there's going to be enough people at this game to even warrant regular staff? Granted, it will be the only time this year (excluding the other Rangers games) that we'll see potentially less than embarrassing attendance numbers, assuming the Devils to Rangers fans ratio is respectable.

Edited by thecoffeecake

lol Pete...'I was encouraged by our game, it was a step in the right direction'

Talk about unintentionally hilarious.

At some point this sh!t doesn't matter. You have to WIN. DeBoer just said 'We'll come out the other end of this' When, after Thanksgiving? And rofl, he just said 'goaltending wasn't the story of the game'. I mean not that he'd throw Marty under the bus, I'm just impressed he was able to get the words out of his mouth with a straight face.

Some people have some pretty awful opinions here (I mean, people have awful opinions everywhere, myself included), but if you really believe Gionta doesn't deserve ice time, you're either watching something else or really don't know much about the sport beyond Chico's rants.

I haven't been too thrilled with his play this season but he was good tonight. The fourth line was easily our best.

Some people have some pretty awful opinions here (I mean, people have awful opinions everywhere, myself included), but if you really believe Gionta doesn't deserve ice time, you're either watching something else or really don't know much about the sport beyond Chico's rants.

Totally agree- thank you for injecting some sanity to the Gio argument. Him and Volcheckov will always be the go-to guys around here when it comes to blamefor losses.... somehow people think that Fayne and Josefson would magically make the difference in each of these games.

I'm not the biggest fan of either, but Pete playing them over JJ and Fayne is not the reason we are losing. People are just looking for things to pile on Pete about, when clearly Marty has not been sharp in any of his games and the offense as a whole hasn't clicked yet.

Gionta is freaking terrible and does not belong on NHL ice. There's no opinion or debate about that. He is a negative.