2013-2014 Attendance

Mike Brown

It's about level of interest. When I go to a game I sit in club seats but I get to the game early so I can eat and be in my seat at the start of the game and then between periods I go back to the lounge for stuff and then return to the seats. Sometime a little late. I see others that get there at the start of the game and spend the first and second period in the lounge eating an watching TV. If I am going to eat and watch the game on TV I might as well stay home.

As for noise level and attendance this team hasn't built much confidence in the fans. They, the Devils, don't put on the ice the best winning lines so as a fan one doesn't know what they are going to get. Get the first goals so what; be up by 3 and then lose; goalie issues and bad coaching and so on. Every time I see Gionta, Sestito and Janssen being our 4th line I am pissed and quiet. 

Edited by LucifersDog

It's about level of interest. When I go to a game I sit in club seats but I get to the game early so I can eat and be in my seat at the start of the game and then between periods I go back to the lounge for stuff and then return to the seats. Sometime a little late. I see others that get there at the start of the game and spend the first and second period in the lounge eating an watching TV. If I am going to eat and watch the game on TV I might as well stay home.

As for noise level and attendance this team hasn't built much confidence in the fans. They, the Devils, don't put on the ice the best winning lines so as a fan one doesn't know what they are going to get. Get the first goals so what; be up by 3 and then lose; goalie issues and bad coaching and so on. Every time I see Gionta, Sestito and Janssen being our 4th line I am pissed and quiet.

seeing as how that line plays less than 7 minutes a game I sure hoe your screaming your ass off for the other 53 minutes.

What a ridiculous reason for the empty seats.

Edited by dmann422

16,592 tonight which is a sellout.  I had no idea our fans loved hot dogs that much.

devils can thank that sell out on the holidays people being home some may have gotten tickets as gifts people being off from work etc. ... but i knew it was going to be a sellout right away just be looking at the secondary market there was nothing decent available

devils can thank that sell out on the holidays people being home some may have gotten tickets as gifts people being off from work etc. ... but i knew it was going to be a sellout right away just be looking at the secondary market there was nothing decent available

Well this is when the attendance usually goes up anyways.  January on, the attendance jumps up almost 1000 people per game on average.

If they keep playing the way they are playing the attendance should drop January on.

agreed as far as last nights performance goes.. however i thought the handful of games before the holidays were getting much better... just sucks now if the attendance does increase i wont be able to get my cheap stubhub tickets anymore damn!

Awesome atmosphere the past two games, I see the same happening for Chicago and Philly coming up. Nice couple weeks of attendance, hopefully it continues. Being able to get that win vs. the Penguins at home was a good step toward that continuing.

Edited by DJ Eco

snow is supposed to be done by friday morning

Snow will be done in the morning, but the cleanup not so sure.

One one side this is supposed to be the biggest snowstorm of the season yet so it might take a while to clean up the roads in time for travel to be safe.  On the other hand the services have had a good 3-4 days to prepare for this so they might be able to do it in time.

I personally think the roads should for the most part be fine.  If its still not good, you always have the train option.

Snow will be done in the morning, but the cleanup not so sure.

One one side this is supposed to be the biggest snowstorm of the season yet so it might take a while to clean up the roads in time for travel to be safe.  On the other hand the services have had a good 3-4 days to prepare for this so they might be able to do it in time.

I personally think the roads should for the most part be fine.  If its still not good, you always have the train option.

total accumulation i just read was 4-8" but thats for my area not sure about a little further south by most of you guys.. i own a landscaping business so ill be out plowing i try to stay up on the storms when they happen.. if its somewhere between those numbers you guys will have no issue with a late afternoon commute ... supposed to end around 7am

total accumulation i just read was 4-8" but thats for my area not sure about a little further south by most of you guys.. i own a landscaping business so ill be out plowing i try to stay up on the storms when they happen.. if its somewhere between those numbers you guys will have no issue with a late afternoon commute ... supposed to end around 7am

I read about the same for where I am in Hunterdon County. It'll be clear on the interstates, highways and County Routes a couple hours after the snow stops. If you live in the sticks, you might have some issues in the morning.

Didn't look like a real sellout unless a ton of people just didn't come because of the snow.  The roads looked worse than they were, I didn't have an issue driving at all from Morris County and back.

i thought the same thing.. the uppers and balconies looked real packed but the lowers there were a lot of empty seats still.. i thought it wouldve been completely packed being there were less then 100 seats available on stubhub.. dont know how they calculate their sellouts but im guessing the suits are obviously not included in that?