2013-2014 Attendance

Mike Brown

perfect quote just to show you really dont know what the hell you are talking about... at all "go through the academy, take the written and it still doesn't mean you'll be a police officer" ... you dont even know the process yet your trying to argue with people.. you dont go through the academy then take a written moron that wouldnt make much sense now would it.. you take a written which you have to score high enough to even get close to progressing usually higher then a 90. You then get a letter and you have to go take a pretty extensive physical (this varies from academy to academy). If you pass your physical you then have to go and pass a psychological.. if you pass that then starts interviews and investigations. Once and if you get hired you then get put through an academy by the department which is hiring you which is the last step of the process.. you graduate go through about a month of field training and thats it.

When all that happens, then you become an officer which not everyone becomes. This is not a guarantee job. You can score high on the written, take the physical and psychological et all, you're still not guaranteed getting a job and that's where your education or the hiring practices are going to make or break you. 

You did the same thing snot nose did. I didn't mean take the written after the academy literally. I didn't say "THEN take the written", i just said it together not in context one after another.

And another thing....you better lose the personal insults towards people you interact with because you'll be back bagging groceries, my young friend. 

Edited by TheRedStorm

When all that happens, then you become an officer which not everyone becomes. This is not a guarantee job. You can score high on the written, take the physical and psychological et all, you're still not guaranteed getting a job and that's where your education or the hiring practices are going to make or break you. 

You did the same thing snot nose did. I didn't mean take the written after the academy literally. I didn't say "THEN take the written", i just said it together not in context one after another.

And another thing....you better lose the personal insults towards people because you'll be back bagging groceries, my friend.

oh really ill be back bagging groceries? lol i never worked for minimum wage a day in my life "my friend" ... i currently own my own business which i intend to keep as well .. but thanks

And another thing....you better lose the personal insults towards people you interact with because you'll be back bagging groceries, my young friend.

and you know what im just going to come out and be the bigger person here, im sorry for arguing with you.. its not worth the time and energy that ive wasted doing it. we are all devils fans here to discuss the team etc.. not a bunch of bs that does not matter one way or the other. hope you enjoy the rest of the season.

and you know what im just going to come out and be the bigger person here, im sorry for arguing with you.. its not worth the time and energy that ive wasted doing it. we are all devils fans here to discuss the team etc.. not a bunch of bs that does not matter one way or the other. hope you enjoy the rest of the season.

Agreed. Apology accepted, please accept mine as well. Good luck to you as well.

wow.. this doesnt sound like attendance talk.. but since everyone thinks they know everything ill tell you exactly how it is .. i do not have a college degree and i start the academy in 20 days.. you in fact do not need a college degree to get a job as a police officer.. and no i dont have any military background either.

congrats and good luck!

You haven't proved anything, but being accepted. Getting a job after is another. 

By the way, i think you're nothing but a punk.

My girlfriend's a police officer and the requirement is black and white, you only need 60 credits/Associates Degree. She was actually upset at how many kids in the academy only fulfilled the 60-credit minimum, because she busted her ass to get her Bachelors Degree by age 21 and felt that a lot of kids in the Academy were a step behind. She's in NYPD by the way, you'd be surprised by how many ghetto kids end up in the Academy.

One thing more education does play a role in will probably be more obvious later in her career, when she wants to be a detective or get into criminal psychiatry. Obviously, that's where they start to take into account everyone's education level and weed people out.

wow.. this doesnt sound like attendance talk.. but since everyone thinks they know everything ill tell you exactly how it is .. i do not have a college degree and i start the academy in 20 days.. you in fact do not need a college degree to get a job as a police officer.. and no i dont have any military background either.

Good luck!

Edited by DJ Eco

My girlfriend's a police officer and the requirement is black and white, you only need 60 credits/Associates Degree. She was actually upset at how many kids in the academy only fulfilled the 60-credit minimum, because she busted her ass to get her Bachelors Degree by age 21 and felt that a lot of kids in the Academy were a step behind. She's in NYPD by the way, you'd be surprised by how many ghetto kids end up in the Academy.

One thing more education does play a role in will probably be more obvious later in her career, when she wants to be a detective or get into criminal psychiatry. Obviously, that's where they start to take into account everyone's education level and weed people out.

Good luck!

thanks brotha.. yea the nypd only requires 60 credits which can be obtained by almost some what working the system so to say.. if you have atleast 15 credits of your own you can take (which you have to pay for) these life skill classes which they will credit you the other 45 remaining credits that they "require" you to have to make a total of 60... so realistically you dont even end up needing 60 "real" college credits.

thanks brotha.. yea the nypd only requires 60 credits which can be obtained by almost some what working the system so to say.. if you have atleast 15 credits of your own you can take (which you have to pay for) these life skill classes which they will credit you the other 45 remaining credits that they "require" you to have to make a total of 60... so realistically you dont even end up needing 60 "real" college credits.

Yep! Sounds like what my girlfriend was explaining to me. There were a few people in her company that she complained about who really played the system but were able to become cops.

11,432 for the paid attendance number.

2,000 for the actual number of people in the building.

everyone got to move down to the lower bowl (red seats only) so that was nice of them even if there weren't only 334 of us this time

I stayed in 128.  I loved the view.  I was literally sitting directly in line with the red line.  Perfect view.

that's fair since the club/black seats or whatever were off limits. I can't really complain about my free tix getting me to the 5th row though. I followed Schneider around since we could just get up and move wherever

The size of the arena (especially this year with fewer seats being counted) pretty much makes it physically impossible for the Devils not to be bottom third of the league in attendance. A sellout every night is still less than 17,000.

prudential is a bigger arena then most?

The size of the arena (especially this year with fewer seats being counted) pretty much makes it physically impossible for the Devils not to be bottom third of the league in attendance. A sellout every night is still less than 17,000.

Which is why I don't care about attendance rankings.