Cory Schneider

eaglejelly

To be honest, I am a bit disappointed about him so far. He has been mostly solid, but that’s it. I was expecting a top notch goaltender who could rob an occasional game for us. I am missing the “wow moments” from him. Was I delusional of what to expect from him?

Too early to start feeling anything about him yet.  For one, kinda hard to steal games when your team is shutout, TWICE.  In his other two losses, the Devils scored one goal and two goals for him.  The only game where he got much support was the Rangers win. 

I think he's going to be fine, but he's not exactly playing on a barnburner here.

To be honest, I am a bit disappointed about him so far. He has been mostly solid, but that’s it. I was expecting a top notch goaltender who could rob an occasional game for us. I am missing the “wow moments” from him. Was I delusional of what to expect from him?

To be fair Cory isn’t exactly pleased with the way he has been playing so far, he knows there is work to do in his game as well as the teams.

I have been impressed so far. He has kept the team competitive in a couple of the losses.

How can you not be impressed with how he's played so far this season - he's one of the only freakin bright spots on this roster.

Unrealistic expectations.  He's given the team a chance to win every game he's played, which is something you can't say about Marty at this point.

When you look at all the goals he's let in throughout his games played, I think only last night's are goals he could have or should have had. I think in the other losses, especially Pittsburgh and Winnipeg (two shutouts), you have 2-3 goals that are just downright unstoppable. Defense left him out to dry, or in the case of the Winnipeg game, the puck straight-up went off of Greene's arm and into the goal. Last night was maybe his only subpar game, otherwise I feel like he's played exceptionally well and gave us a chance to win in every game he's played in.

Not to mention being screened on like half of those goals, and usually by Volchenkov it seems

Have you noticed this getting worse this season? It drives me up absolutely insane. It's as if our defense is told NOT to clear the front of the net. Sometimes BOTH of our d-men are in front of the opposition forwards, I can't understand why neither of them are knocking the forwards out of Cory's or Marty's way, it's drives me bananas... I never noticed it be as bad as I've noticed it this year.

Has anyone else noticed this? I can't contain myself, I'm screaming at the TV. Last night, the first goal, a shot goes toward Schneider and rebounds to his side and I think both forwards were BEHIND Salvador and Fayne. Fayne could do nothing more than shove him from behind and help him tap in the rebound. I don't understand how both defenders find themselves in front of the forwards like that, am I crazy?

Edited by DJ Eco

Not impressed so far. Only been a few weeks though

2.21 GAA and a .917 save% on a team that hasn't played terribly well.  What exactly WOULD impress you?

He's had how many starts? He could pitch a 35 save shutout tomorrow and have the greatest save percentage in NHL history. 

I don't know why you're getting on me since I'm not one of the doofuses criticizing him, but yes that's true and it could go in the tank after a bad game too. Yay for small samples, he's close enough in his small sample to normal that I have no problem with what he's done

I don't know why you're getting on me since I'm not one of the doofuses criticizing him, but yes that's true and it could go in the tank after a bad game too. Yay for small samples, he's close enough in his small sample to normal that I have no problem with what he's done

Didn't mean to get on you. Just a little too early to be judging any numbers. Plus I wouldn't bother responding to posters I didn't respect.