GDT #10 - Canucks @ Devils 7:00 PM ET

Z-Man

How Brunner is not in there instead of Zajac is a travesty.

I actually think we played a good game tonight. everyone was hustling especially in that 3rd period. without that soft goal against,we're probably talking a different outcome.

regardless,another loss. .. I guess at least we got a point

Edited by Onddeck

I didn't even bother watching the SO, I thought that would change it up.

It's always something.    That's the mark of a bad team.    They got enough offense to win considering what they gave up, and they still don't win.  So either the D blows coverages horrendously, they don't score, or the goalie blows away points.    Granted this is Schneider's first blown point, but he's only stolen one too.  If he's gonna be break even like that, you can forget about it.

Okay, I'm on board. Fire DeBoer. I've never disliked a devils team this much. There are legitimately zero players on this squad I trust worth a sh!t.

So you are allowed to go nuts after 10 games but everyone is crazy if they do it after 7? Anyway, if you think there are "legitimately zero players on this squad I trust worth a sh!t" why do you want the coach gone?

Edited by devilsrule33

if there is one person to pin this loss in its Cory so he better be shaking his head at himself.

He let in one stinker. It'll happen. Be perfect or lose. They can't "get it back".

CS stopped 2 out of 3 in the SO and the only one that scored was a guy off the scrap heap who he wasn't familiar with as an ex-teammate. 

Looks like Luango is better.

Loving the fact our only win is still against the Rangers lol fvcking classic.

They're officially the worst team now that they just lost to the Flyers in regulation.

Congrats on the point!

right in cue here you are to pour salt in the wound. Somehow I don't think you would have showed up if the devils won this one... And if you did it would be to point out some ridiculous argument to turn any little positive into a negative.

Still obsessed with the rangers I see.

Looks like Luango is better.

Loving the fact our only win is still against the Rangers lol fvcking classic.

They're officially the worst team now that they just lost to the Flyers in regulation.

Congrats on the point!

what are you talking about that game just started the third period

He let in one stinker. It'll happen. Be perfect or lose. They can't "get it back".

CS stopped 2 out of 3 in the SO and the only one that scored was a guy off the scrap heap who he wasn't familiar with as an ex-teammate.

Cory has a right to be pissed about his goal support so far, but he should have had a shutout tonight easy. The Sedin goal was pretty soft and that was clearly his mistake misplaying the puck on the first one.

It's frustrating when we don't score but get solid goaltending, but it's equally frustrating when we play well enough to win but the goaltender lets in 2 softies.

Thought the team played a solid D game, just a shame that Schneider had an off night. Happy with the 3rd period - the Devils had 12 shots thru 2 and then put up 17 in the 3rd. Only allowed Vancouver 21 in 65 minutes. I also liked the discipline, only took 2 penalties (both Zidlicky) in 65 minutes but drew 3 (Gionta drew 2). Also did better on faceoffs tonight - Zajac 10/17, Loktionov 5/8, Gionta 6/12. Though Henrique struggled at 4/14 but he was going up against Kesler most of the time to be fair. Zubrus-Henrique-Ryder along with Greene-Fayne did well against the Sedins line for the most part tonight. Loktionov looked better tonight, Brunner was more involved, and Jagr seems to have his legs under him recently, I guess the lack of preseason action affected him a bit early on.

With all that positive stuff said, this team needs to start getting W's somehow.

• Like 1

right in cue here you are to pour salt in the wound. Somehow I don't think you would have showed up if the devils won this one... And if you did it would be to point out some ridiculous argument to turn any little positive into a negative.

Still obsessed with the rangers I see.

Well ya I'm always going to compare the Devils and Rangers to each other because I hate them.

I'm just sick of losing. This team hasn't done it in 20 years so there's no reason to start now.

They're no end in sight now.

Thought the team played a solid D game, just a shame that Schneider had an off night. Happy with the 3rd period - the Devils had 12 shots thru 2 and then put up 17 in the 3rd. Only allowed Vancouver 21 in 65 minutes. I also liked the discipline, only took 2 penalties (both Zidlicky) in 65 minutes but drew 3 (Gionta drew 2). Also did better on faceoffs tonight - Zajac 10/17, Loktionov 5/8, Gionta 6/12. Though Henrique struggled at 4/14 but he was going up against Kesler most of the time to be fair. Zubrus-Henrique-Ryder along with Greene-Fayne did well against the Sedins line for the most part tonight. Loktionov looked better tonight, Brunner was more involved, and Jagr seems to have his legs under him recently, I guess the lack of preseason action affected him a bit early on.

With all that positive stuff said, this team needs to start getting W's somehow.

the third period was exactly the type of game we need to be playing. Really dominated until we sat back playing for one point in the last 3 mins.

Overall I liked these line combos and I just hope Pete stays with them for a bit to help develop some chemistry.

what are you talking about that game just started the third period

It was an earlier game champ. They lost. Say you're sorry.

You haven't caught on yet: he doesn't know what he's talking about.

The Rangers lost today dude. All of my friends who are Ranger fans tweeted about it and I also asked Siri to confirm. So practically the only proof that I DONT have is that I wasn't at the game in person to watch them lose.

So whenever you two want to swallow some pride and apologize let me know I will be waiting.

Edited by BigZ

I meant to say in the shootout, my apologies. I hardly think I'm "going nuts", but one win in ten games says something needs to happen. I'm not ready to give up on this team, not yet, but it's been a long time since I've felt this way watching Devils hockey. At least last year we could blame it on the goaltending and look forward to Kovalchuk returning.

Even if they were getting a few more wins, this isn't a very enjoyable team to watch. Just really ugly hockey.

I don't think you are going nuts, but you recently called out posters for going way overboard for pretty much the same reaction that you just had only a week earlier.