NFL Week 8!!

CRASHER

Boy is this a steaming pile of sh!t on the schedule this week....and especially the prime time games...when your prime time highlight is seeing Schiano get halfway on the road to 0-16, you're reaching and reaching hard!! Six teams are off this week and it's really hurting the games this week to not have Indy, Baltimore, Chicago (though they NEED the week off), San Diego, Tennessee, and the Houston Pick 6's all on byes...its sad when a football week seems wasted since there are so FEW of them....but this is one of those "brush it off and move on" weeks....with like the exception of three games....good thing it was a slow week....I was kinda writing this during a virus scan for the most this afternoon....#TeamCrackOfTenAM is at it again!

Thursday Oct 24:
Carolina at Tampa Bay

Let's see, the Panthers are on a roll, the defense is kicking it into gear, Cam Newton is playing better and the Steve Smith incident last week seems to really have this Panther team fired up (and make no mistake about it, that was a NASTY football game with the Rams last week....sh!t got real...sh!t got personal)....and then we have Tampa....and we have ex-Bucs around the league that most people would call personal pot shots at Schiano and his idiot regime in Tampa....small problem....can't be an insult when it's factual....the only thing this fool will add to the NFL is now kneel downs will be done in the shotgun formation and Matt Millen will have a drinking buddy in the 0-16 club...remember how terrible Josh Freeman was on Monday Night?? (Maybe he's not had time to be cleansed of the Schiano-ing yet)....but that was still a pro QB with years in the league who didn't have the time to get all the blitz reads, checkdowns and hot receiver calls in 2 weeks in the facility....how do you think a rookie QB in his 3rd game with no practice time is gonna look?? Yeah....this is a no-brainer.....
Winner: Panthers
Game Quality: * 3/4 (it only gets this high because I love seeing Schiano buried!)

Sunday Oct 27:
1pm:
49ers vs Jaguars via London:

Good God....we as Americans are spiteful aren't we? Haven't we gotten over the Boston Tea Stuff and the God Save the Queen crap?? I only ask this because I assume we have some angry Americans who hate the British in the NFL Front Offices....look at the football games they keep sending across the pond?? I guess there is a chance of more Jaguar fans in London now then Parts Unknown...a fan or two might even CHEER for them....God knows why....I couldn't win this game for the Jags if I was playing Madden 12 on easy :P
Winner: 49ers
Game Quality: INTERNATIONAL DUD!!

Cleveland at Kansas City:
Oh boy this is gonna be one of those weeks I regret giving up coffee isn't it??? I'd have been all fired up about this if Brian Hoyer hadn't had THE SLIDE OF DOOM and was gone....now it's Jason Campbell's turn to stink it up for the Browns....and yes the Chiefs in all reality shouldn't be 8-0....but they're gonna be....dammit :P....the way you beat the Chiefs is you throw deep on them and slow down Charles....the Browns should be able to make Brian Westbrook 2.0 work for it this week, but they ain't got the offense to go up 10-15 points on the Chiefs and make Alex Smith have to air it out....this is gonna be a stinker folks...unless you're a Chiefs D owner, in that case you will be a happy person basking in the warm light of many points!
Winner: Chiefs
Game Quality: *

Miami at New England:
I admit it....I'm mad at Miami....that was a GOTTA HAVE game last week..... and what happened?? The Bills exposed their offense....the Buffalo front four (and does anyone in football have a less relevant double digit sack total then Mario Williams?? I think not....) owned, pistol whipped and smashed the piss out of those five fat disgraces the Dolphins call an offensive line....now given the Patriots aren't exactly the Fearsome Foursome up front....but the Pats will score, and control the game, and like I said....I'm just kinda DONE with Miami....just go out there and beat up the Bucs just to shut up Brian and his overplaying of the "we're gonna lose" card and move on with life....and good luck with that Raven OT you just traded for....I chuckle on the inside and outside at you...the Patriots find a way (not to mention they're still annoyed about last week...hell Tom Brady didn't even wear something completely homosexual to the post-game presser last week...that's serious anger people!), and yes I'm aware Tom Brady is now on a two out of three game NO touchdown streak (more impressive then if he had actually broken the record)....but a lil rage has me clouded, and I don't see the Patriots shooting blanks here.....
Winner: Patriots
Game Quality: **

Bills at Saints:
The Bills to their fans...they're that hot girl we all know....she's out there....she wears something nice....when she wants something from you, she'll all over you pestering and asking for stuff....she smiles at your crappy jokes....maybe even goes out with you now and then....but when the big moment comes and the end of the game is there....she always finds a way to screw you....now they get to go down to New Orleans....underdogs galore....Jimmy Graham may not play...maybe expose the Saints defense a little....Thad Lewis makes some plays....and then right at the end when the big upset in the Big Easy looks there....they'll screw it up and leave ya hanging....the Bills have been within a touchdown in all their games but one (of all teams, Brandon Weeden and the Browns....more of the whole tease thing eh?)..plus the Saints score...and score a LOT when they're home....that's what they do....so yes Jamie...we're gonna be talking Sanborn off the ledge again this week as he gives me the "we were in this one dammit!!" speech and I shake my head and quote my favorite line from the Rock (the movie not the sportz entertainer) "Losers whine about their best....winners go out and frak the Prom Queen".....which goes right back to the hot girl analogy....Drew Brees has one....they have her in all his crappy commercials....see?? IT ALL MAKES SENSE!!!
Winner: Saints
Game Quality: ** 3/4 (the Bills are the ultimate cock-tease and will do it again)

Dallas at Detroit:
Holy crap....a fascinating game....and the Cowboys NOT being morons talking crap about Calvin....or Johnson....or puffy...or the actual receiver or any of that crap....two REALLY good offenses that toss the ball all over the place, the Lions have more running with Reggie Bush...but the Cowboys have a better defense, a strong back seven and a magician of a d-line coach....add in Ware and Murray likely to come back....this might be the big budget shootout game we all expected in Dallas vs Phily last week :P...I think I used up all my emotions being mad about the Dolphins and can look at the Cowboys without the blinders....the Cowboys match up well with the Lions....and need a big non-NFC East win....all the pieces come together here (and its still early enough in the season to suck my not-so-fat ass back into this season)....
Winner: Dallas
Game Quality: **** (might be game of the week, it won't be a prime time game)

Giants at Eagles:
Will Michael Vick start?? If not will Matt Barkley be more accurate then Josh Freeman last week?? Hell if Barkley starts this became anti-football GOLD...but the odds are Vick gets out of the kennel for this one and probably saves the Eagles season (maybe a touch dramatic but a few weeks of Barkley and the Giants and Eagles will be neck in neck for mediocre draft picks...)....as for the Giants...YAY....you won.... HOORAY, you moved up from 1st to FOURTH in the draft....please....keep this up....the problem is if they win here the self-delusions of a miracle run and a chance to steal the NFC East start creeping into their idiot heads...but add another loss in the NFC East to them....and you can get the shovels and bury them for good this year....the Eagles need this....hell the Giants BEGGED the Vikings to take that game last week, they were just more pathetic then the Giants last week....big games from Vick, McCoy and an actual NFL offense are enough to put the Giants away and hopefully spell the return of EL-I-N-T!!!
Winner: Eagles
Game Quality: ** (could be high scoring)

4pm:
Jets at Bengals:

Maybe the best of the 4:00 games (though Peyton Manning ass kissers and offensive football addicts will say its Redskins/Broncos), the Jets had a crazy win last week, off one of the most obscure new rules you'll ever see (even I didn't hear of this one till after it happened)....the funny thing is people will say this is karma coming back to the Pats for spygate and that idiot tuck rule too....I won't call it a "player safety rule"...the league doesn't care fully about player safety until cut blocks and stiff arms are eliminated too....but whatever....task at hand....task at hand....the Bengals will get pressure Geno Smith....they should be able to force him into mistakes....the teams that do, find ways to get past the Jets and the mad scientist defense...this should be an interesting game to watch at least....but it won't be the highlight-fest that the sports networks demand to call this "big time"....well unless AJ Green gets all phenomenal Sunday afternoon.....
Winner: Bengals
Game Quality: ** 3/4

Steelers at Raiders:
Oh this has sweet glorious disaster written all over it....two of the worse o-lines in football going at it....the Raiders play scrappy and low-budget good defense, and can run the ball (as well as the QB being able to scamper too)...the Steelers have actually won two in a row now and with Levon Bell back in the mix look like a balanced football team....I still don't trust that o-line....or that old defense....but it's Terrell Pryor and the "no block offense"...I guess Steeler fans gonna have to find their horrible Hankies out of moth balls and start talking about silly comebacks....this could be a silly fun kinda game in the end just because of the comedy of errors these crap O-Lines could provide!!!
Winner: Steelers
Game Quality: *** (amusement value counts!)

Atlanta at Arizona:
This game is what we call in the business....a hot mess....the Cardinals can't block anyone....the Falcons can't play defense or pressure anyone, neither team has a running game.... Carson Palmer got pathetic in a hurry here...least Matt Ryan is playing good football and I'm amazed New England is calling up the Falcons to beg for Tony Gonzalez to let him have his playoff run....or Kansas City which is funny on so many levels....anyway, this is one of those "someone's gotta win 'cause we're not allowed to predict ties here" kinda games....and yeah the Falcons beat the Bucs last week....Schiano's old overrated college team could probably beat the Bucs this week (that would be worth it to see my head explode at two of the things I hate most going against each other)....I'm gonna assume Carson Palmer gets enough time to throw to Larry Fitz (and yes I desperately need that with Reggie Wayne's season being done)...and the Cardinals do have a decent defense....and 4 wins is a magic number in Arizona....screw the Falcons...sell sell sell those players!!!
Winner: Cardinals
Game Quality: ** (the two worst front lines in football COLLIDE)

Washington at Denver:
Mike Shanahan gets a home coming this week to Denver....I doubt it will be as warm and rosey as #18's was last week in the game of the uber-compilation of the millenia was...RG III is showing signs of health....and running again....pity that doesn't help that awful defense in Washington....take that defense and a butt hurt bunch of Broncos and this has BLOOD...DEATH....and VENGEANCE written all over it...not to mention an NFC East Sweep for the Broncos.....the Redskins start too slow and just won't be able to keep up.....
Winner: Broncos
Game Quality: ***

8pm:
Packers at Vikings:

Soooo, Josh Freeman got concussed last week in that Giants game eh?? I say good....he gave a lot of US headaches with his "Stormtrooper accuracy" passes during that game....and now it's back to Christian Plunder this week?? At least he knows how to hand off to Adrian Peterson....and he did butt hurt the Packers big last year running for like 500 yards against them....somehow I think the Packers will avenge that this week...and get Eddie Lacey a similar type game...a perfect get healthy week for the Packers who are playing pretty damned good despite losing some key people....who knows what kinda crack NBC was smoking when they put this in prime time....maybe some dumbass thought Favre was still here.....
Winner: Packers
Game Quality: DUD

Monday Oct 28:
Seattle at St Louis:

So the Rams were all desperate and all and tried to give Brett Favre a call to come play QB for the Rams while Sam Bradford gets the MRI that I so richly deserve on his knee....Favre's ego I'm sure kicked in and went HELL YEAH.....then he looked at the Rams schedule and said FRAK THIS...I'm gonna go beat up Drew Brees and make a crappy  Wrangler commercial instead.....the league's best defense against.... Kellen Clements ?? Really?? On Prime Time?? REALLY.... *sigh* I hate that my ice hockey games are on Tuesday Nights....this is hot garbage....
Winner: Seattle
Game Quality: DUD

NFL Week 7 Power Rankings:
AFC:

1. Indianapolis....kicked the bear....and the bronco....and the Seahawk.....
2. Kansas City...just a sound football team playing perfectly within themselves...
3. Denver.... Peyton Manning took a day off in practice to properly sulk.....
4. Cincinnati.....quietly racking up some impressive wins....
5. New England....yeah...those guys.....

NFC:
1. Seattle...still the man in the NFC
2. New Orleans....the week off doesn't make them less dangerous...
3. 49ers....I guess bullying is ok in the NFL, since they're stuffing the nerd teams in the lockers...
4. Green Bay....winning through injuries is always impressive....
5. Dallas.....its been coaching all along???

Going up to Foxborough this weekend.  I think the Dolphins are going to surprise.  Losing Wilfork and Mayo is a serious problem, looks like Talib is still going to be out.  Don't be surprised if Tannehill has a strong stat kind of day. 

Going up to Foxborough this weekend. I think the Dolphins are going to surprise. Losing Wilfork and Mayo is a serious problem, looks like Talib is still going to be out. Don't be surprised if Tannehill has a strong stat kind of day.

Enjoy CR- hope you're right. You have more confidence in my team than I do lol.

I can't believe how horrendous my Bucs/sleeper projection looks, holy crap they are awful. I can't believe Schiano is still coaching that team; some former player likened his coaching regime to that of Fidel Castro's reign of Cuba and it's totally believable. Guarantee you he'd be gone if the Bucs had a bye this week or next instead of Week 5. 

It's kind of unfortunate the Panthers are ONLY 4-3 -- 4th best scoring differential, very well could have been a 6-1 team, honestly. Think they definitely rank up there as a team to really keep an eye during the 2nd half. Newton has been SUPERB over his last 3 games. Not sure they are much worse than the Saints and they still get to play them twice.

By the way, Trent Richardson with the Colts: 75 rushes, 228 yards, 3.0 YPC; 2 catches, 19 yards. Maybe we should stop pinning his struggles on playing with a team that can't throw the ball (Browns) since the Colts are like the opposite of that. Not saying the dude sucks based on a handful of games with a new/better team, but I still think the hate the Browns got for that trade was really ridiculous. 

Edited by nmigliore

The Carolina Panthers are 4-3. It's been 70 games and almost 5 years since I have cheered for a team that was over .500. It feels very nice.

I remember when the Pats were 5-4 in the 2001 season...and being thrilled.  It wasn't like they were that far removed from competitive seasons...but it looked like they were going to suck for a while...when they started the 2001 season 0-2, they had lost 21 out of their previous 28 games (13 out of 18 under Belichick).  That was such a fun season because nothing was expected of them.  People were starting to wonder if BB would ever be able to be a successful NFL head coach.   

The Carolina Panthers are 4-3. It's been 70 games and almost 5 years since I have cheered for a team that was over .500. It feels very nice.

I have a very strong feeling you guys are going to be the #2 Wild Card team behind San Fran...your defense is fun to watch now....and the offense is turning the corner too....

I have a very strong feeling you guys are going to be the #2 Wild Card team behind San Fran...your defense is fun to watch now....and the offense is turning the corner too....

Schedule really picks up, which makes what nmigliore was mentioning really hurt. This team at the very least should be 5-2. But Rivera seems to finally learned that safe can be death in the NFL, and you have to take chances.

The schedule is brutal moving forward. 4 divisional games against the Saints and Falcons. Going to San Fran and Miami, and a big MNF game against NE. A win next week against Atlanta at home would be massive.

Miami at New England:

I admit it....I'm mad at Miami....that was a GOTTA HAVE game last week..... and what happened?? The Bills exposed their offense....the Buffalo front four (and does anyone in football have a less relevant double digit sack total then Mario Williams?? I think not....) owned, pistol whipped and smashed the piss out of those five fat disgraces the Dolphins call an offensive line....now given the Patriots aren't exactly the Fearsome Foursome up front....but the Pats will score, and control the game, and like I said....I'm just kinda DONE with Miami....just go out there and beat up the Bucs just to shut up Brian and his overplaying of the "we're gonna lose" card and move on with life....and good luck with that Raven OT you just traded for....I chuckle on the inside and outside at you...the Patriots find a way (not to mention they're still annoyed about last week...hell Tom Brady didn't even wear something completely homosexual to the post-game presser last week...that's serious anger people!), and yes I'm aware Tom Brady is now on a two out of three game NO touchdown streak (more impressive then if he had actually broken the record)....but a lil rage has me clouded, and I don't see the Patriots shooting blanks here.....

Winner: Patriots

Game Quality: **

Two weeks prior to this game will be when Schiano will get fired and the team will start playing inspired football...you heard it here first.  :P

As to this actual game, the best case scenario for this one is CR's post in the Miami thread: Fins hang around until the end and it becomes anyone's game in the 4th.  But Miami better block better than they did against Buffalo to have a chance in this one, and they better put a lot run on Miller this week.  This Daniel Thomas horsesh!t has to stop.

Two weeks prior to this game will be when Schiano will get fired and the team will start playing inspired football...you heard it here first.  :P

As to this actual game, the best case scenario for this one is CR's post in the Miami thread: Fins hang around until the end and it becomes anyone's game in the 4th.  But Miami better block better than they did against Buffalo to have a chance in this one, and they better put a lot run on Miller this week.  This Daniel Thomas horsesh!t has to stop.

It was great when the Patriots were scoring 500+ points, but this team has now showed conclusively that they're not capable of pulling away and leaving teams in the dust like they once did (or building such big leads that teams could cut into them, but not overcome them).  They're currently on pace to score 347 points.  And Brady is a different guy now...people still think of him as calm, cool, clutch and collected, and as he showed against the Saints, he is still capable of greatness.  But the Brady of old didn't show up his receivers, didn't throw tantrums when things didn't go his way...this Brady gets rattled now...kind of easily, in fact.  People are still thinking of the old Pats when they try to predict these games.  But I don't see too many teams the Patriots should be considered to be slam-dunk winners over...especially with the players they've lost to injury.   

I don't think Amendola is a lock to come back this week.  Where did you see that?

:rolleyes::cryriver: :cryriver: :cryriver: :cryriver: :cryriver: :cryriver: :cryriver: :cryriver: :cryriver: :cryriver:

Schiano will last the season to show that Bucs ownership can troll their fans better then the Devils one (besides there is NO ONE on that staff to replace him with.....Dave Wandestat would be equally as hilarious though :P )

Miami will win just enough games to be officially average.....

The Patriots are done.

Brady is trying to play through 2 broken fingers on his throwing hand suffered in the Jets game and is a total shell of hiimself, the Patriots offensive-line has been a complete sieve at LT, C, and RG; now Volmer was carted off with an air cast on his leg after getting rolled up from behind.  There's zero deep threat allowing defenses to man-up the receivers at the line.  The defense isn't terrible but now only has Chandler Jones and Ninkovitch as warm bodies.

A total turd-sandwich of a season.

BB simply decided to blitz the hell out of Tannehill in the 2nd half figuring he'd panic and make mistakes.  It worked with the exception of that WR screen to Wallace and covered-up many deficiencies in the secondary.  On offense the Pats started running the ball with Ridley who I believe either ran over McDaniels' dog or farted in the offensive meeting.  I have zero idea why he isn't being featured as the #1 back.

So I'll ask it here too....it's 3rd and whatever, Dallas runs the ball, but there's a holding penalty.....Detroit DECLINES the penalty and it makes it 4th and 5..... WHY in God's name does the play clock NOT RUN there?? How the hell does Dallas not get to run 40 seconds off the clock at that point making the game and the comeback not happen.....how does the league screw up that big?? (I'd ask how does Garrett not catch this but I know that answer......)