Who would you start in Boston?!?

ThreeCups

LOL, PDB's head is going to explode.   One goalie basically concedes his job (although "the talk" was probably involved), then the other one comes out and has a bad game.   What do you do?   Add to the equation a team that you haven't been able to beat, at home, probably in a surly mood.

I am sorta surprised at how quick everyone is writing Marty off....

If Schneider was playing lights out I would understand it more...but tonight he did not have a good game, and IMHO cost us the W

Have you seen Marty against the Bruins the last few years?  I'd rather see something different although Cory was a hot mess tonight and I wouldn't exactly blame Pete for going with Marty after the goaltender gave away a point tonight.

Have you seen Marty against the Bruins the last few years?  I'd rather see something different although Cory was a hot mess tonight and I wouldn't exactly blame Pete for going with Marty after the goaltender gave away a point tonight.

I know, but this would be him coming to play and attempting to prove the world wrong....

Schneider. 

I would go with Brodeur. Marty is due to play a game, especially since we didn't exactly get on the roll I had hoped with Schneider in net for 3 straight. Also, we have a better chance to win against Tampa, so I would prefer Cory play that one.

No, he's not due to start.  He's the backup now, he's not really 'due' anything except one game of a back to back series and the occasional start. 

I'd give Marty the Boston game and start a Schneider run again vs. Tampa. Give Marty a nice big game on a Saturday in Boston, against a strong Boston side. You know he'll play his heart out, maybe get some confidence back. A good showing, maybe with a win, would get the rest of team's heads in the right place. I think getting Marty a big win in Boston would be more of a good turnaround game than our 4-0 against the Rangers was (or wasn't, as we see now).

Putting Marty in on a "bla" game vs. the Lightning on a Tuesday, with likely only 12,000-13,000 people in attendance, it'll be more depressing than anything.

No, I don't think Marty's earned it or is owed anything for sentimentality's sake, but I do think you have to keep your backup's head and spirits and morale in the right place, just in case the moment comes when you need him. A couple years ago, we did so with Hedberg even, gave him the odd start now and then, even sometimes in pretty important games vs. Pittsburgh or the Islanders. 

I don't remember how long Fleury may have been injured last year, but similarly I thought the dosage of games the Penguins gave Vokoun during the shortened season was pretty reasonable to give Brodeur.

Edited by DJ Eco

I would go with Schneider. With Marty taking the position he did before the game last night he set himself up for a win win situation. Cory plays well Marty remains a hero Cory plays bad Marty and is the saviour and if Marty has a bad game in Boston it's because he hasn't played.

That being said, Cory admits to his mistakes and play, that's good. If they don't play Schneider in Boston then that should deflate Cory. If Cory plays well against Boston he redeems himself if Cory plays poorly then it's Marty against TB. Boston will be had to beat no matter who we have in goal.

Go Devils and Schneider

Edited by LucifersDog