The Clarkson Hype In Toronto is Laughable

TheMazz

Anyone who says they want Clarkson back over Clowe or someone was dumb enough to say Zajac too, I'd love to hear your reasons.

Please keep in mind that David Clarkson hasn't even played yet this season. Also note that both Zajac and Clowe have put up more ppg than Clarkson over their careers. And Zajac is a center and he's WAYYYY better at defense than Clarkson. Complete insanity to say you'd want Clarkson over Zajac.

A little silly to anoint Clarkson the best of the two despite lacking any actual data on how he's played.

What do Clowe's career numbers matter when he's over 30 and breaking down?  He wasn't even that good offensively last year.  Picking between Clowe and Clarkson is like picking between asparagus and lima beans, both their contracts are equally awful.  But at least Clarkson will play the majority of games.

And Zidlicky is on pace for like 65. Small sample.

Not when Zajac's been a below average offensive center for two straight regular seasons before this one.  Zajac basically is a Bozak level player at this point.

What do Clowe's career numbers matter when he's over 30 and breaking down?  He wasn't even that good offensively last year.  Picking between Clowe and Clarkson is like picking between asparagus and lima beans, both their contracts are equally awful.  But at least Clarkson will play the majority of games.

Not when Zajac's been a below average offensive center for two straight regular seasons before this one.  Zajac basically is a Bozak level player at this point.

Last year he didn't play great, but the year before that he played like 15 games because he was hurt all year. Not sure that's really his fault.

And how do you know he's breaking down? He's only 2 years older than Clarky. Who's to say Clarkson's decline doesn't start now? Not like he lit the world on fire last half of the season.

Last year he didn't play great, but the year before that he played like 15 games because he was hurt all year. Not sure that's really his fault.

And how do you know he's breaking down? He's only 2 years older than Clarky. Who's to say Clarkson's decline doesn't start now? Not like he lit the world on fire last half of the season.

Clarkson also doesn't have a history of concussions like Clowe does. While Clowe is a slightly better overall player Clarkson is the healthier of the two and with both contracts being terrible you take the one that isn't another big hit from retirement.

Edited by TheRedStorm

This is some sort of WWE type of promoting.  A grinder getting this much hype is quite funny.

I don't know if anyone else here was a big WCW fan back in the 90's, but this is exactly like when they hyped up Glacier for months and then he came in and everyone was highly disappointed. 

He wasn't a bad wrestler.

Clarkson also doesn't have a history of concussions like Clowe does. While Clowe is a slightly better overall player Clarkson is the healthier of the two and with both contracts being terrible you take the one that isn't another big hit from retirement.

i dont know how anyone can say that clowe is a better player.. over the past couple seasons he hasnt even had enough playing time to say that... hes been out for the past few games already from a concussion .. this is going to end up being a sh!t contract due to him just not even staying in the line up to play.. he is WAY to injury prone.. maybe when he was a little but younger he had better numbers then clarkson but the real problem now is the guy cant even stay healthy enough to play.. and the games he has played in so far hes looked like complete sh!t and has not done a single thing for us exceot show how doofy he looks trying to skate and how slow he moves is laughable.

i dont know how anyone can say that clowe is a better player.. over the past couple seasons he hasnt even had enough playing time to say that... hes been out for the past few games already from a concussion .. this is going to end up being a sh!t contract due to him just not even staying in the line up to play.. he is WAY to injury prone.. maybe when he was a little but younger he had better numbers then clarkson but the real problem now is the guy cant even stay healthy enough to play.. and the games he has played in so far hes looked like complete sh!t and has not done a single thing for us exceot show how doofy he looks trying to skate and how slow he moves is laughable.

Someone can say Clowe is a better player because he is, albeit slightly and maybe slightly is being conservative. When he's healthy. That's the key and right now it looks like a terrible decision by Lou because Clowe is a ticking time bomb in terms of physical contact. Too many people didn't see (or care) Clowe play in SJ when he was at his healthy best and it wasn't all about just numbers. They both can't skate worth a lick so they have that one common bond.

Edited by TheRedStorm

Are we talking injury prone-ness or the actual ability of the two players?  They're two separate issues.

Are we talking injury prone-ness or the actual ability of the two players?  They're two separate issues.

im talking about both.. clowe cant be better then clarkson if he is never healthy enough to even play the game.. he is too injury prone and constantly has too many problems... all around that contract was a bad move im not going to go back and forth about who is better then who because one to be honest i dont really care what anyone has to say on it and two it really doesnt matter who is better then who.. what does matter though is the contract is bad and is showing to be already. too much money for way too long

I like Clowe and think he has more talent than Clarkson.

However, like CR1976 said about a week or so ago, he is looking more and more like damaged goods.  Clarkson has the worse of the 2 contracts, but if Clarkson can actually play in his then his contract is def superior.  It's not fun seeing Clowe skate slow as molasses out there and having to hold our breaths every time he gets hit pretty good.  Hell our team the last few games have seem faster overall since he has been sitting out with his injury.

IDK but this is looking like the worst signing of any team this past summer.  I really do hope he gets better and gets it going for the benefit of the team but he is looking more and more like a buyout candidate.  This was obvious a panic signing by Lou after losing Clarkson in the same vein as his panic signings of Malakhov and McGillis after Niedermayer bolted.

I like Clowe and think he has more talent than Clarkson.

However, like CR1976 said about a week or so ago, he is looking more and more like damaged goods.  Clarkson has the worse of the 2 contracts, but if Clarkson can actually play in his then his contract is def superior.  It's not fun seeing Clowe skate slow as molasses out there and having to hold our breaths every time he gets hit pretty good.  Hell our team the last few games have seem faster overall since he has been sitting out with his injury.

IDK but this is looking like the worst signing of any team this past summer.  I really do hope he gets better and gets it going for the benefit of the team but he is looking more and more like a buyout candidate.  This was obvious a panic signing by Lou after losing Clarkson in the same vein as his panic signings of Malakhov and McGillis after Niedermayer bolted.

i agree with ya here chris.. i think hes just basically like damaged goods at this point.. every time he gets touched he has some type of an issue.. this is definently the second time so far may even be the 3rd time since hes been with us hes had some type of issue.. to be stuck with this type of character for 5 years.. ohh man thats not going to be good.. hopefully we can end up moving him somehow or buying him out if this keeps up.

i agree with ya here chris.. i think hes just basically like damaged goods at this point.. every time he gets touched he has some type of an issue.. this is definently the second time so far may even be the 3rd time since hes been with us hes had some type of issue.. to be stuck with this type of character for 5 years.. ohh man thats not going to be good.. hopefully we can end up moving him somehow or buying him out if this keeps up.

I really do like him and think that if he wasn't such damaged goods he would have been an upgrade over Clarkson for less the price.  Right now it just doesn't look like it is going for him and this signing is looking like a huge mistake.

We still have that 1 compliance buyout for next year and I would say at this point he is a bigger candidate than Volch as Clowe would have more years left on his contract.

im not going to go back and forth about who is better then who because one to be honest i dont really care what anyone has to say on it and two it really doesnt matter who is better then who.. what does matter though is the contract is bad and is showing to be already. 

Mature!  :thumbsup:

I really do like him and think that if he wasn't such damaged goods he would have been an upgrade over Clarkson for less the price.  Right now it just doesn't look like it is going for him and this signing is looking like a huge mistake.

We still have that 1 compliance buyout for next year and I would say at this point he is a bigger candidate than Volch as Clowe would have more years left on his contract.

more years and i fell like volch is actually starting to play a bit better then he was.. the past couple games i feel like volch has been using his body again getting more physical throwing more hits around blocking more shots.. if he continues to play the way hes been (as long as the team isnt in the works right now to move him out to make room for gelinas) i dont think id really want him to be bought out.. hes been OK.

im talking about both.. clowe cant be better then clarkson if he is never healthy enough to even play the game.. he is too injury prone and constantly has too many problems... all around that contract was a bad move im not going to go back and forth about who is better then who because one to be honest i dont really care what anyone has to say on it and two it really doesnt matter who is better then who.. what does matter though is the contract is bad and is showing to be already. too much money for way too long

Clowe when healthy is simply a better player than Clarkson. I know Clowe hasn't been healthy, but health has no bearing on a player's ability.

Small sample size. What about the games Clarkson was invisible for? Last year he was invisible in like 35 of the games.

invisible? He led the team in goals how is that invisible? The entire team was invisible last season LOL! Atleast he was throwing shots on net every night as well