Lou's performance review - mental decline?

Mitico12

I don't know about you, but do you think that Lou may have some sort of dementia/alzheimers onset?

I know, I'm just trying to drum up some speculation because this team has been catastrophic (in comparison with the normal NJD standards) and I'm at a loss for words to understand why.

Stop making threads.  

I swear, you're lucky I'm not a mod.  Because I'd drop the banhammer so quickly on you and other forum trolls that crawl out during losing streaks.  DM is a much more tolerant individual than I am, clearly.

Edited by Devilsfan118

i really hope this is a joke.. i mean seriously.. yea the gm of a major league hockey team is losing his mind and has Alzheimer's but theyre still letting him run the team.. honestly shut the fvck up i hope you are not as dumb as you sound boss.. and if you are then my god i feel bad for the people that have to deal with you in real life.

A few serious miss steps the last couple of years, but I don't think its a mental slip. No one is perfect, no one is always going to do the right thing. He has brought this franchise 3 cups, and for the most part over the last 20 odd years we have been a team that can contend.

I don't think there is anyone out there that can turn this franchise around over night, he's been blindsided by a few departures that no one really expected (kovy/parise). I imagine if aaron Rodgers left the packers suddenly they would suck to, if brees left the saints, if brady left the patriots. Can't fault him for kovy, maybe on parise he shoulda locked the guy up sooner, but I guess parise always knew where he was going to play when his contract was up, given the fact we gave him the competitive offer.

Schneider for what we paid, was a steal. While not marty in his prime, Schneider is still going to be solid. This was our most glaring issue going forward. We have some good defensive prospects and a solid goal tender for the future. While this year, the next and maybe the year after that is bleak, we have the foundation for another solid team.

All we need now is some young forward prospects.

It does suck that we are a draft lottery team this year with no 1st, but we will recover.

P.S this is my reaction with a level head, I will curse this team and eventually give up on the boards and watching them at some point this year if they continue these losing ways. But I have faith in Lou still, and I can see our team a few years from now being a very good team. Good defense and good goal tending is a recipe to win even in todays higher scoring NHL.

Edited by Sneax

So, essentially, the team has finally hit the rough times that EVERY team hits, our fans can't handle it, and we're resorting to deciding that our HOF general manager must be suffering from some sort of mental issues. Because, it can't just be that winning doesn't last forever, right? Lou's gotta have dementia. :rolleyes:

There are 30 teams in the league.  Only one can win the cup.  We have won it 3 times in the last 18 years.  How many times have the Rags won during that period?  Philly?  Pittsburgh?  Montreal?  Its the law of averages.  The fact that the team was in much deeper financial poop than any of us realized, probably hampered the way in which Lou operated.  It's absolutely stupid, to start attacking Lou now.

they have one at the little kids board at hfboards in the devils forum called "Is it time for Lou to go get his walking papers?"

lol i saw that also but didnt even bother to wasting my time clicking on it.. not sure why i chose to bother with this one.. probably because i felt annoyed at the 16 year olds who know nothing except the team name coming in here and saying stupid sh!t making themselves look completely retarded.

Eh, I don't have many problems with Lou, and don't think he's declining, but there are some questionable decisions going on.

Keeping the 29th overall pick is troubling, and I still don't get it. Maybe Lou thought we had a team that would win consistently and wasn't expecting any picks in the top 15 for some time.

I'm not sure how I feel about how he has managed the roster lately, either, to be honest. What he did to get Brunner to sign here was awesome. But even before Brunner was signed, it left very little room for Olesz, Tedenby, or Josefson to show what they can bring to the team. I am all for a bit of competition and fighting for the last few lineup spots, but the younger guys are at a disadvantage off the bat for not being acquainted to the game, and it's hard for me to believe that being scratched every game is not stunting Jake's growth as a player.

For some of the D decisions, I can't really get on Lou's case about. Volchenkov's contract is terrible, but the team needed the Ottawa version of him at the time, and overpayment came with that. Also, I'm convinced that Salvador brings more than just his on-ice performance (i.e. some kind of strong leadership). People sometimes get on my case for thinking so, but I'm not sure why else he was re-signed for three years based on one playoff run, after missing a full season.  But that 8 dmen disaster was awful for the team last year. Losing Urbom sucked a lot as well, since he seemed to be the only guy who could be the Volchenkov we all hoped for. I guess there's not much else you can do when half your D are unappealing to any other team or have low trade value (Harrold, Volch) and the other half could be a huge mistake to trade (Larsson, Fayne). I'm not against the Harrold signing, just as long as he's the 7th D. I think the AHL is important for Gelinas and Merrill if they aren't regularly in the NJ Devils lineup. All I know is if we lose another potentially good NHL player next year because of poor roster management, I'm gonna go nuts.

But for all this, there are also signings like Brunner and Jagr, trades like the ones for Cory or Loktionov, and some great drafting on defense (though this is more on the scouts). Things will all start making sense once the team starts winning, though.