Who starts in goal next game?

95Crash

OK, who starts in goal next game?

If Schneider is healthy, does PDB go back to him? If so, does he make him the everyday goalie?

Or does Brodeur's play last game warrant that he plays next game? If so, does he still get a chance to earn the top spot?

Is there a top spot to be had?

Do the Devs go back to rotating?

What's the plan?

I could be losing my marbles, but I could have sworn I read something from Lou (via TG or someone maybe?) that said they expected Schneider could be back to backup on Tuesday.  Which I took to mean Marty would be starting.

Again, could have mis-read, could have made it up in my head entirely, can't seem to find it now. But that's what I thought I read this morning.

1.97 GAA, .912 save % in Albany this year over a guy who seemingly cant keep out a volley ball. I must be some idiot.

yea maybe... if you think kinkaid should be in net to face the lightning over marty.. or your smoking something.. that save percentage is for playing minor league teams as you said in albany... not sure how you are comparing it.

1.97 GAA, .912 save % in Albany this year over a guy who seemingly cant keep out a volley ball. I must be some idiot.

To suggest that Kinkaid gets the start over Marty is completely assinine.  He is only up with the big team for the moment until Schneider returns.  Pointless to start him in this game...

yea maybe... if you think kinkaid should be in net to face the lightning over marty.. or your smoking something.. that save percentage is for playing minor league teams as you said in albany... not sure how you are comparing it.

Exactly, Reid Boucher scored some absurd amount of goals in the juniors last year.  Does not mean a thing for the next level of competition...

Ok, sorry, he has a lifetime .904 or something, and he hasnt played for spectacular teams. Why shouldnt he be given a shot when hes played well enough? He got put in that one game last year and looked like he was keeping up alright. I guarentee hell put up better numbers than Brodeur has.

Ok, sorry, he has a lifetime .904 or something, and he hasnt played for spectacular teams. Why shouldnt he be given a shot when hes played well enough? He got put in that one game last year and looked like he was keeping up alright. I guarentee hell put up better numbers than Brodeur has.

The fact that you'd use 1 game where he played less than 26 minutes as evidence that Kinkaid deserves a start now tells everyone all they need to know. He doesn't even have 100 pro games under his belt. He's not starting unless something horrific happens and that's the way it should be.

I smell troll.

Kinkaid getting the start won't happen if Schneider is out only a few games, but anyone suggesting that Kinkaid could be a better option than Brodeur...well that's simply not asinine.  With an .871 save percentage and a GAA at 3.32, you could make the case that every starting AHL goalie could be given 5 or so games and put up equal if not way better numbers than Brodeur.

Edited by devilsrule33

Kinkaid getting the start won't happen if Schneider is out only a few games, but anyone suggesting that Kinkaid could be a better option than Brodeur...well that's simply not asinine.  With an .871 save percentage and a GAA at 3.32, you could make the case that every starting AHL goalie could be given 5 or so games and put up equal if not way better numbers.

But you know that they're not doing that to Marty in his final year.  It's one thing if he's losing starts to Schneider.  They're not going to play untested guys like Kinkaid or Wedgewood over him at the NHL level.