GDT: Bolts at Brodeur-Lead DEVILS 7:30

ThreeCups

We basically got 2 gift goals tonight. I wish we could have scored some goals from our zone time, but we basically lost to Vancouver because we gifted them 2 goals. So it all evens out.

those are the goals that need to be scored. Last year with our luck jagr would have missed wide on the breakaway and Elias' pass never would have made it to henriques stick.

I'm just glad to see we're putting home the high quality chances.

We basically got 2 gift goals tonight.  I wish we could have scored some goals from our zone time, but we basically lost to Vancouver because we gifted them 2 goals.  So it all evens out.

I don't know how those were gift goals. A clean beat on a break away and a give and go to hit an open net. Those are not gifts. In fact if that is a gift goal what does a hard earned goal look like.

Just one point out of second place...the joys of playing in a division where exactly one team has a winning record...

I don't know how those were gift goals. A clean beat on a break away and a give and go to hit an open net. Those are not gifts. In fact if that is a gift goal what does a hard earned goal look like.

+1

Sweet 2 on 1 shorthanded, and a pick-pocket by Jagr.  Not exactly gifts.

Score and shots don't reflect how dominant the Devils were tonight. Really great job by the entire team. Really hope they keep Greene-Fayne together long term. Zubrus-Zajac-Brunner was also a pleasure to watch. The whole team seems to really being getting some chemistry.

I was bothered when the announcers mentioned how "the Devils need more out of #19." He's been solid this year and great tonight. Well worth it.

Great job by Brodeur. He may not be what he once was but he's really stepped up lately when this team needed him to.

I would describe that game as sufficiently boring.   They kept shots way down and had the game under control for probably 5/6ths or so of it.   Far less stupid mistakes.   Not many if any that could immediately be put on the goalie.   Protecting the goalie (for the most part, again).    That's probably how they have to play.

I would describe that game as sufficiently boring.   They kept shots way down and had the game under control for probably 5/6ths or so of it.   Far less stupid mistakes.   Not many if any that could immediately be put on the goalie.   Protecting the goalie (for the most part, again).    That's probably how they have to play.

its a step in the right direction as compared to the sloppy play at the start of the season

but they will (I hope) generate more scoring (chances) as the next step

I'm trying not to get too high, but I might have to eat some crow about DeBoer. We'll see what he does when Sal gets healthy, but he's got a better lineup now.

Score and shots don't reflect how dominant the Devils were tonight. Really great job by the entire team. Really hope they keep Greene-Fayne together long term. Zubrus-Zajac-Brunner was also a pleasure to watch. The whole team seems to really being getting some chemistry.

I was bothered when the announcers mentioned how "the Devils need more out of #19." He's been solid this year and great tonight. Well worth it.

Great job by Brodeur. He may not be what he once was but he's really stepped up lately when this team needed him to.

While I agree that Zajac has been good, I can't exactly blame them for saying something like that when the first things they see about Zajac are <.5 pts/game at nearly a $6mil cap hit. I think he's worth it for what he brings, but I definitely hope he can develop some more creativity or scoring touch. As it is now, he seems to be very far from our more offensively gifted players.